• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 835 for $300... Fair Price?

Garcut

Copper BB
So I have found a 835 for sale at a local trade shop and the owner is asking for $300. The gun looks like it has been used a fair ammount, but appears to be in decent shape (fair condition). My questions are mainly about what would be a fair offer to make for this gun, as well as the durability of the 835 model itself. I am planning to make this a back up for HD until I can afford something new, so just wondering how it should hold up to putting 25-30 rounds per considering its signs of moderate wear.

To add, The finish is camo, and it has a PG/adjustable stock, and ported tube

Thanks,
-G

Howdy Garcut weclome to the club. I paid almost $300 for my 835 and it was used, camo, sling, and ported. You could offer them a little less. Maybe like start at $250 and go from there. Its a great workhorse. Mine has well over 1000 rounds through it. The only thing I need to replace is the safety. It had acrack in the plastic. So I bought one off ebay thats metal and huge! When I get home I could link the site I got it at.

You are in the ball park but I would look it over and function test it to make sure it is worth it. Most parts on it can be replaced but it all adds up if you have to fix a lot.

IF you plan on using this for HD be aware that due to the overbored barrel dimensions, you should not shoot slugs through it unless you have the designated slug barrel. Many do not realize this.

Otherwise it will be as durable and reliable as you could ask for.

Thanks....that helps me too. I have a wood stock 835 ulti mag. Am considering turning it into a HD/tactical. Was wondering why I can not shot slugs through it per the stamping on the barrel. I got it at an auction for $230. Is it worth putting the time and money into or should I go buy a mossberg flex?

If you can find a slug barrel for under $75..then it's worth it. The new barrels are $189....

Thanks for the help guys, went back today and it was gone. Guess someone else thought it was a good deal as well :? hopefully they'll get another one in sooner or later.

I have spent all day researching the 500 and 930. Might just sell my 835 as I do not use it in it's current configuration and the 500 and 930 are not terribly expensive. The barrel I want is $142. Decisions decisions.

If you are lookin for a HD shotty, look into a 590 or 590A1.....cant lose with that model......

Back