• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag Pump Action Accumag Chokes

Re: 835 utli mag choke

Two drawbacks of mine is you cannot use steel shot or slugs with it. It will ruin it. But I have no problems with it.

Pro factor chokes

Does anyone know if the pro factor chokes that say they fit accu choke models will work in the 835. Just looking for a cheap set for my new 835 so I can get out and shoot it and see which ones I want to spend the money on quality chokes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Re: Pro factor chokes

marineman said:
Does anyone know if the pro factor chokes that say they fit accu choke models will work in the 835. Just looking for a cheap set for my new 835 so I can get out and shoot it and see which ones I want to spend the money on quality chokes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Anything threaded accuchoke will work with OFM threaded barrels.

I dont know the thread cut/count TPI, but accuchoke is a specific cut like Remchoke. Should be just fine.

If I can make recommendation, I'd contact TruLock and let them know what youre lookin for. They wont steer you wrong and will take the time to understand what you need and recommend a product or set that will fit the bill.

All Choke Questions here...

wanting to get some input for a flush choke. really i have not decided what i am going to do with the shotty as far as hunting wise... spring turkey season is coming up so i would like to get in on that. but ive never really made and effort to turkey hunt in the past

i dont like the factory extended choke for just going out and target shooting(not much of a target left :cool: ). im wanting a flush choke for sure!

suggestions and links?

Re: looking for a flush choke

I am biased towards Trulock Chokes but its for a lot of good reason! George the owner is a great guy that will spend as much time needed with you to help pick the best choke tube for your needs. Once you decide what you want to use your shotgun for it will be easier to help pick out which choke tubes will best fit your needs.

www.trulockchokes.com

Heck I was gonna say TruLock just based on what I've heard Dan say about em!

Ulti mag is the model of the shotgun....

ripjack13 said:
Ulti mag is the model of the shotgun....

The only reason I asked is from the description of the flush choke you posted from the sportsman's warehouse states: "Briley Mossberg 12ga Stainless Flush Choke Tube - Fits Mossberg UltiMag 12ga choke tube system only. (Not for accuchoke system)"

Which on my barrel of the gun it says 835 ulti-mag "accu-mag" choke.

So I got a lil confused... Sorry about the questions if they seem elementary it's cause my knowledge on shotguns is at a kindergarten level! Lol

No worries! These are all questions we posed at one point or another. I remember the first time I was looking for chokes for a shotgun...a bit overwhelming to say the least.

A Dumb choke question

On Accu Mag chokes when it says "2-BB Steel All Lead" does that mean it can't be used for smaller Steel?

Re: A Dumb choke question

You are correct in stating that you can use 2-BB or smaller steel shot in those tubes.

Re: A Dumb choke question

GOod.
I couldn't figure out a reason, but was worried that I wasn't supposed to use Smaller Steel Shot with it.
Thanks

Choke tube caliper question

I have an 835 that I am unable to get the choke tube out without ruining the tube. Instead I have measured the inner diameter of the choke tube with a verniel caliper. I'm getting .071 which some research shows me is an extra full choke in the 835. If you call Mossberg and get their recommendations on shooting 3 1/2 lead 00buckshot through the extra full M835 choke they say no, however the modified choke measurement on a Mossberg 500 is .071. They say it's okay to shoot 00buckshot through a modified choke on a 500 with a measurement of .071, but not an 835 with the exact same choke size of .071. Both choke sizes muzzle end 0.71. Any insight folks?

Re: Choke tube caliper question

While the choke is the same, the 835 barrel is overbored so it will expand more in the chute and then constrict at the end, that may be a reason for their recommendation.

When I overhauled my 835 project gun I used an internal pipe wrench to remove the choke tube after soaking it in penetrating oil for a couple days. The tube was ruined but I was able to remove it this way. You just need to be careful NOT to apply enough pressure that you distort the barrel itself in the process.

Back