• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag Pump Action Photo Gallery

Re: Mossberg 835 with tactical stock

Yes sir!

I can't remember. But it fits the original stock. I am pretty sure its the large slip on....I threw away the packaging a while ago.

Yea, it's the large. The small wont fit on the adjustable stocks without cutting. The large is even a tight fit and, on the ATI stocks anyways, doesn't seem to secure. Lots of wiggle.

Re: 835 and Knoxx Spec Ops Recoil Reducing Stock

sweet! that looks great all black.

I don't know what would be a better stock but I love the Knoxx.

Shooting the same number of rounds, me firing mine and he firing his, his shoulder is a mess with a little blood on his shirt.

I'm not sore and I don't have a mark anywhere and I was by far, faster at acquiring my targets in skeet shooting.

If he had only fired one shot from my gun, he would have one as well before the middle of next week.

Thanks

I'm goin out to the field today. I went and bought some boxes of 00 buck shot. We'll see what happens with mine.

New pics.

Attachments

• cab_01_sm.JPG
    cab_01_sm.JPG
    219.6 KB · Views: 1,037
  • BlackHawk_835_03_sm.JPG
    BlackHawk_835_03_sm.JPG
    222.3 KB · Views: 1,038
  • BlackHawk_835_02_sm.JPG
    BlackHawk_835_02_sm.JPG
    238 KB · Views: 1,037

I went out and shot a bunch. I had no issues with my safety. I went to my local GS and was picking Jim's brain about your safety issue. He was thinking it could be the safety switch's nub on the underside of it. Maybe it's worn down? It's a cast metal part, so it's softer than the metal of the gun itself. Have you had the same problem anymore shooting buckshot?

I put an additional stretch in the detent ball spring and I now have a firm safety. Works great. Fired a few rounds today and a lot of rounds in the past week with no problems. Besides the cartridge stop and cartridge interrupter missing so was the detent ball and spring. I had replaced them all but the replacement spring may have not had the exact length or spring compression. Regardless, it's great now.

I am getting one of these stocks for my Mossberg 500 the power pak comes with a cheek rest does it not a low one and a High one? These are the first complaints I have heard about cheek slap from these stocks? I wonder if the cheek risers help?

The recoil reducing stock, plant it firmly, the first energy absorption is in the grip letting the receiver travel back and slightly up causing less barrel lift, the second energy absorption is in a spring inside the telescopic tube. Just don't leave it unlatched at the shortest position or else you defeat the second spring mechanism.

The power pack comes with a piece that goes over the outside that makes for a higher cheek rest, and a shell holder plus Allen head screws and a ball end Allen wrench. The stock comes with an Allen wrench as well for the new stock bolt.

The Knoxx has made a real difference in my shooting. Now I don't give any thought to how big a load I'm firing. Granted you can still feel 3-1/3 magnum loads but nothing like a stock classic stock.

I fired 5 magnum loads today sighting in a quick point. Cheek firmly in place. No pain to the face. Getting ready to kill some hogs on the 30th. I'll most likely use Winchester SuperX 9 pellet #00 buckshot, higher velocity but not as many pellets. Most likely I'll take my 88 as well loaded with HP slugs.

I went ahead and ordered some more Bling for the Blackhawk 835 project. Bling is what the better half calls it.

1. UAG Tatcial Tri-Rail
Help hold the magazine extension and hold more bling.

2. Blackhawk Knoxx Slip-on Rubber Grip
A little more comfort.

3. Blackhawk Knoxx Limbsaver Butt Pad
Not a sissy, just want to shoot more with out regrets.

4. Choate Magazine Tube Extension +5
Make it a 10+1.

5. DoubleStar Picatinny Rail Mounted Swivel.
For the sling and mount for bi-pod.

Still can't make up my mind on using the 1x25 quick point or the 3-9x40 scope.

For the most part I'll be using #00 and magnum loads for hogs and predators.

Just a little bit at a time.

nasa said:
I went ahead and ordered some more Bling

3. Blackhawk Knoxx Limbsaver Butt Pad
I have one on mine as well. It actually looks good. Not to mention it does remove a majority of the recoil pain. With that stock and pad together, it feels like getting punched in the shoulder with a marshmallow.....
You will love it.

I think I'll be keeping the 28 inch barrel for a while and go ahead and be thinking about a rifeled barrel for the 88. The 3-1/2 inch sabots are a little rich for my blood right now.

nasa said:
I think I'll be keeping the 28 inch barrel for a while and go ahead and be thinking about a rifeled barrel for the 88. The 3-1/2 inch sabots are a little rich for my blood right now.

Do it to it

Rossignol said:
Dont forget;

Pics in suit with dog!

F1p1Gl.jpg

Received the DoubleStar Picatinny Rail Mounted Swivel today and I have to say it was excellently machined, a solid product. Everything else is in route except for the Limbsaver Butt pad and rubber grip for the Knoxx. May be as long a 2 weeks on the delivery. Guess that's what I get for ordering from the least expensive places.

Meh...I'd rather wait a little than spend alot....

Back