• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag Slugster 12 Gauge with 24" barrel Optic Optics

I have a few of the Bushnell TRS25's too. They do OK. Though, I'm not a huge fan of the small moa dot optics. My eye just is slow to pick up on the dot.

Admittedly, I do better with the circle dots. I can use them pretty good. I have them one of those on the semiauto 12. Bushnell used to sell a 4 reticle red dot called the Trophy, but I think they're discontinued now too. It's a lot larger footprint. About the size of the original aimpoints. A little more weight but not really a big deal. On a shotgun, I LOVE the circle dot reticle.
4S9fWEI.jpg

But I also have the bushnell TRS25 on one of my 500's. An Ak. The scorpion. Mp5. Probably other things too.

Here's the trs25 and the 500.

V3yN4LK.jpg

The ones I have are decent scopes.

It should work well for my limited use. The last few years I’ve used my P220 Elite 10 for whitetail, but will not go beyond 25 - 30 yards (usually considerably less) to ensure an ethical kill. With the scoped slug gun, I won’t be as limited on distance

So for scope like this what kind of aprx distance would I be looking at, as I’ve never been a big optic guy
Thanks

I'd personally try to zero it for 50 yards. That would get you in the zone pretty much at any distance you'd ever shoot a slug gun.

Well the scope, rings, and rail arrived and should all fit properly. Tomorrow is the last day of our deer season, so will wait on mounting for now. Thanks again for everyone’s input

Back