• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 85D 20 Guage Parts

DarkHelmet

Copper BB
Just purchased a 85D in need of a few parts.

1) Can not find the takedown screw anywhere. Anyone know the size?

2) The mag does not match the parts list. The parts list shows a magazine catch and a magazine catch pin. Did all the mags have them? Right now the mag slides in but does not really catch on anything.

3) Also, the parts lists has a magazine bottom plate and a magazine follower. Are these the parts on the inside of the magazine or additional parts for the outside of the mag?

Thx for your help

Welcome aboard Sir and may the Schwartz be with you!

I don't have the answers to your questions, but I can point you in the right direction. Victor and Cheryl Havlin are the experts at all things related to discontinued Mossberg models. Give them a call and they should be able to help you out...

(636) 937-6401
Mon-Thur 9AM-5PM Central
Havlin Sales & Service

DarkHelmet said:
Just purchased a 85D in need of a few parts.

1) Can not find the takedown screw anywhere. Anyone know the size?

2) The mag does not match the parts list. The parts list shows a magazine catch and a magazine catch pin. Did all the mags have them? Right now the mag slides in but does not really catch on anything.

3) Also, the parts lists has a magazine bottom plate and a magazine follower. Are these the parts on the inside of the magazine or additional parts for the outside of the mag?

Thx for your help

welcome from NY and congrats on your new mossy.
i would give Havlin a call. (636) 937-6401

edit: might want to try here also,,,,
http://www.poppertsgunparts.com/index.htm

looks like they have it.

get a chance post a pic. :)

Thank you for your recommendations. Havlin's were excellent to work with. I've attached a picture of the 85D. All I need now is the butt plate. Any recommendations?

Attachments

• IMG_20130613_221005.jpg
    IMG_20130613_221005.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 165
Glad to see you made some headway with Havlin!

Have you tried Numrich Gun Parts Corp. or the link that mossy provided?

Let me know if you find a butt plate that fits. I need one as well. My 85D was Bubba'd by someone cutting off the threads for the choke. Now it's a cylinder bore.
Mine is no where near as nice as yours. Every evening when I go out to put the chickens up for the night I take a shotgun. On the real dark and stormy nights with pouring down rain I take the 85D 'cause it's so ugly it doesn't matter if it gets wet.
I'm at work now, but when I get home I'll look at my magazine and try to describe it.

I recently picked up a 85d bolt action 20 gauge.. it is missing the magazine /or two shell clip... What are the chances of finding one...

Back