• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Barrels

Sorry to see you're having these issues.

rotten said:
Does anyone know what the relationship is between Mossberg and Maverick Arms based in Tx?

Maverick is a subsidiary of O.F. Mossberg and Sons. Mossberg's customer service department and sales/parts fulfillment is based at the Maverick Arms facility in Eagle Pass, TX...

Thanks for the info.

I really do like this shotgun. It's a real pleasure to shoot and pop clays with or send a few slugs down range. I just can't believe all the headaches Mossberg is giving me over something as simple as buying a barrel.

I sent my barrel in due to canting and have got nothing but crap since. 2 weeks now and it hasnt even been looked at. Alex, in CS said they were not back logged.....but they havent had time to look at it? The treatment through email and on the phone has been mostly disrespectful and they couldn't care less. I'm sorry to say that I bought the weapon at this point and i was considering getting another pump but i'm thinking Remington at this point. I have emailed Joseph Zacher whom doesnt respond. I've made the calls. It's as if everyone WILL wait 2 weeks before they will touch it.... It's BS and I will not tolerate it. I will contact anyone and everyone until this is resolved. What a bummer.... It's no wonder they are still in business....

Wow. Crazy. I sent my barrel in cause I thought the brazing for the barrel band and front sight looked like shit. They sent me a new barrel in the factory cardboard shipping box. No questions asked once they got my barrel. The whole ordeal from call placed to new barrel at my door was about 1.5-2 weeks...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Does anyone from Mossberg read these? From the sound of things, you got lucky Tommy. The BBB score is a C+, their communication flat out sucks. There isnt even a way to track your orders. Everyone who answers the phone is programmed to tell you two weeks regardless of when you sent your part in. It isn't right and the QC guy should learn something from the history in here and elsewhere. I hope they make it right, sooner rather than later...

FastEarle said:
Does anyone from Mossberg read these? From the sound of things, you got lucky Tommy. The BBB score is a C+, their communication flat out sucks. There isnt even a way to track your orders. Everyone who answers the phone is programmed to tell you two weeks regardless of when you sent your part in. It isn't right and the QC guy should learn something from the history in here and elsewhere. I hope they make it right, sooner rather than later...
That has not been my experience. I sent it in with a letter explaining why I am returning said part and what I expect in return. I called one throughout the process and they had informed me that they had already replaced the barrel and that it was on its way back already. That was just a few days after they received it. Also I have never had a problem getting someone on the phone.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

So, still without and was told that Joseph was personally handling but could not find any barrels that would pass inspection.....I won't comment here but needless to say, they need to work on QC. I was at a gunshow today and as it happens, had a couple of SPX's. They both had barrels like mine, slightly off to the right. Enough to max the rear ghost ring.

In all fairness, i will say that when i call, they seem to want to solve the issue. It is just very distressing that 3 weeks have passed and not a sole can tell me when this may get solved. I hope sooner rather than later.

Ill keep this updated....

Sorry to hear you're still waiting. QC needs a shake up for sure.
Thanks for the update.

Where does one find a "stock" 930 SPX Barrel?

Hello All,

New to the forum but not guns (or Mossberg) in general. Been having a hell of a time locating a "standard" 18.5" SPX barrel (with to convert my 930 home/field combo to a quasi SPX.

Doesnt look like Mossberg sells them directly or that there is a plethora of private sales out there in the usual locations (forums, ebay, armslist, gunbroker etc...).

So, where can I find one of these? The cheaper, the better :lol:

I am new to the forum, Does anyone happen to have a 28" matte finished barrel for the 930 they want to sell? I have looked all over the web and everyone is out of stock. Please let me know. Thanks

Resolved finally but not without some interesting insight. Clearly QC needs a wake up call and it is clear that they are not consistent in their customer service. I think the ones that got quick turnaround were lucky for the most part.

I got the barrel today and I will say that Joseph must have handled it because it is perfect and the sight is as straight as any i've seen. So, after all that hoopla and waiting and being lied to, At least they made it right, si I can't complain. Now I have only to shoot it!! LOL

I'll post new pics with all the additions soon.....

P.S. It seems SPX barrels are hard to come by. I'm thinking of getting a spare!

uscgjrm said:
I am new to the forum, Does anyone happen to have a 28" matte finished barrel for the 930 they want to sell? I have looked all over the web and everyone is out of stock. Please let me know. Thanks
two
I DO NOT have the 28, but I just put up a 24" with multiple chokes for sale yesterday. I have never had anyone at a California range ask me the length of the barrel. The two turkey chokes bring the length up to 25", and the two flush mount IC & MOD. chokes make it exactly 24. Hope I'm not intruding, and can be a bit flexible on price...

Re: Where does one find a "stock" 930 SPX Barrel?

I've seen posts elsewhere wherein experienced folks here say contacting the company directly points you down the right road.

Re: Where does one find a "stock" 930 SPX Barrel?

Keep an eye on the classifieds. I bought one and subseqently sold it via the classifieds.

The only other place I've heard of them being available is from OFM directly.

Sent from somewhere using Tapatalk2

barrel thickness

can someone tell me the measured thickness of the later model 930 barrel so I can check mine. thanks in advance

I am thinking about adding a rail to the front of my 930. I currently have a Nordic Components barrel clamp on it. The Rail that I am thing about is available from "Cheaper Than Dirt" (item # SHT-073).
The description: "Universal shotgun tri-rail barrel mount. Fits barrel .75 to 1.1 inch barrels and .75 to 1 inch lights". I am wondering if anyone else has looked at or used this device in the same way as the barrel clamp works? Will it fit the distance between the center line of the barrel and the magazine tube?

dickmotz said:
I am thinking about adding a rail to the front of my 930. I currently have a Nordic Components barrel clamp on it. The Rail that I am thing about is available from "Cheaper Than Dirt" (item # SHT-073).
The description: "Universal shotgun tri-rail barrel mount. Fits barrel .75 to 1.1 inch barrels and .75 to 1 inch lights". (See picture) I am wondering if anyone else has looked at or used this device in the same way as the barrel clamp works? Will it fit the distance between the center line of the barrel and the magazine tube?

Welcome to the forums!

I assume you meant part # SHT-071 as the 073 is specifically for the Saiga.

I have no personal experience with this item but there were a few comments in the item review where customers had described using it as you intend so think it will work for you.

(Personally I would look for this item from a retailer other than CTD. Their price gouging has left a bad taste in my mouth and I no longer do business with them. I prefer to support those companies that support also me and not just my wallet. YMMV)

I recently purchased a 930, and wanted a turkey barrel for hunting, looked all over the internet couldn't find anything all O.O.S...So, I called Mossberg and they said they are only manufacturing for new factory gun. But the customer service guy was able to get a 24" ordered for me...$150 plus $10.60 shipping.

This is my first dealings with them and it has gone good so far. I'll wait with baited breath to see how the rest of the deal goes. They said it should arrive in about 3 weeks... :D

Yep. Strange. I am looking for a matte 28" for trap. Nowhere to be found (presently). The search continues.

Back