• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Chokes...

Does the Trulock Tatical have any choke at all?Or is it a breacher?I also wanted to ask if there is a extended cylinder choke made for the 930? I have only found improved cylinder and need a extended to clear a Nordic plus 6.I hope to try Dixie slugs and know a cylinder bore is needed.As much as shotgunners use slugs in smooth bores I still have not seen much use or info on rifled choke tubes.It seems to be such a good idea but yet so little used.I am still going to try one and load and cast a Lee drive key 7/8 oz slug with the goal of 6" groups or less at 100 yards.

The Carlson's Tactical is 2" out of the barrel and bore is .725 The Trulock I am not sure of the length.. One or the other will be on my 930 to help clear and protect my Nordic plus 6..

thecelt said:
DHonovich said:
Trulock Chokes: Tactical, Skeet 1, Skeet 2, Improved Modified and Extra Full

p107563517-4.jpg

has anyone tried slug accuracy with this choke?

I have this choke installed on my 930 (3 gun setup). With the Vortex zeroed at 25m... w/ a 3" group... I use 8" paper plates for targets out to 75 & 100m... no problem!!!

Greetings,

I have the Trulock tactical choke on my 930... 24" barrel, Vortex red dot. I was able to zero it with slugs at 25m and had about 3-4" group... I was happy with that... This past weekend at a 3 gun match, shooting Remington heavy dove #8 2 3/4. I could not knock down a steel target at 25-28m, I fired 3 times at it... Then I took moved to about 20m and knocked it down, no problem... For bird shot, it could be a little tighter... But who fires #8 at the bad guys???

I will probably get a tighter choke for the 3 gun stuff... any recommendation?

hagatha

DEAL ALERT !!! Optic Planet has the Carlson's tactical choke on sale for 37.99 with free shipping AND gave me a $5.00 off for a veterans discount! Total cost to my door $32.99 THAT is a real deal..I decided on it as it is bored .725 [skeet ?]..I get $5.00 off for email sign up but that would have brought me under $30.00 and no free shipping..Other models were on sale too soo check them out quick..

Turkey Choke.

I'm looking for a turkey choke for my 930 with a 28 inch barrel. Did anybody find one that works in that gun? I have an undertaker tube and tried different loads but I don't like the pattern. Any advice? Thanks.

Re: Turkey Choke.

Have you seen Trulock Chokes Precision Hunter series?

I have a Mossberg turkey choke that came with my 930 that you're more than welcome too. PM me if you're interested.

I've taken a few turkeys with my 930 (28" barrel) using a Primos TightWad choke. I got better patterns with it then the Undertaker I patterned with.

Sent from somewhere using Tapatalk2

I'll be doing some turkey hunting in the next 2 weeks, and have a 28 in. barrel on my 930, I need to get a full or ex. full choke, what company is recommended?

I am biased towards Trulock Chokes and love their precision hunter series.

Usually improved cylinder, modified and full but occasionally skeet as well.

Not with this particular product but my dad has an old 12g that has a similar one permanently affixed and it has worked well for as long as I can remember.

Not with this particular product but my dad has an old 12g that has a similar one permanently affixed and it has worked well for as long as I can remember.
Funny that you said that because that is what my dad had on his 12 gauge shotgun. When it stops snowing here and I can get out to the range again I'm planning on doing some pattern test with 930 (screw in choke(s)) and dads gun with the the polychoke to see which works better.

I'm not to sure about whether or not you can shoot rifled slugs through the polychoke (always used a rifle for deer) but that will be in the works also.

Back