• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Forends

I have a 930 home security with heat shield and muzzle brake, I am looking for the bobcat forend, anyone know where I can get one in Canada.

There was one for sale in the marketplace but I'm not sure if it's still available, the ad has been there a while.:

http://www.mossbergowners.com/forum...new-eta-bobcat-forend-for-mossberg-930.12869/

Is this one of the restricted items into Canada? If so you may have a hard time getting one shipped.

I have the Aimpro TriRailwhich seems nice so far but I just installed it and have not had a chance to get out and work with it yet.

Anyone know where to buy an OEM forend for the 930? I was doing a little mod and the drill bit got a "LITTLE too grabby!" So now I have a 7/16 hole in mine instead of a blind countersink. I saw one on eBay and it was $71 and that seemed a little too expensive for just the forend. Would I be able to get a better price from the factory?

How about plugging it with some JB wield and painting over it? I plan on doing that to smooth out the end of mine once I sand it down to load dual and quads.

Filling it would not be practical for what I want... Lazy Eyed Sniper, do you think that I will get a better price by Mossberg directly? I should just get an aim pro....

You'll get the best price on factory parts from Mossberg, no question. If it were me, I'd go with a JM Pro handguard as a replacement. These are slightly shorter on the receiver end and offer better ease of access to the loading gate.

There's a really long thread around here on Aimpro. I'll just say be prepared to wait a long while if you buy from them...

L.E.S. Would you happen to have the part # for the JM Pro hand guard? That would really help with keeping the confusion down to a minimum.

I've never seen those part numbers listed anywhere, but if you ask for a replacement forend for a JM Pro model 85118 you should be good to go...

Just got a forearm for a SPX off ebay for $28 Someone tried to "snipe" it away from me... but I was closer to the end of the auction with a better bid.
Kids... I was sniping on eBay with a 56K modem in 2001!:eek: :cool:

Well, that is the 2nd forend that I have promptly RUINED! :mad: At this rate I am going to need sponsors. All I am trying to do is put a shallow 7/16 countersink on the inside to use a smaller (than magpull) nut to secure a small rail to the forend. I will explain my pet project (soon to turn pyrrhic victory...) when I am less frustrated.

If you do want to sponsor me, please send me your unused forends and I will send you a video of me cussing in my shop and throwing stuff at my drill press!

Well, that is the 2nd forend that I have promptly RUINED! :mad: At this rate I am going to need sponsors. All I am trying to do is put a shallow 7/16 countersink on the inside to use a smaller (than magpull) nut to secure a small rail to the forend. I will explain my pet project (soon to turn pyrrhic victory...) when I am less frustrated.

If you do want to sponsor me, please send me your unused forends and I will send you a video of me cussing in my shop and throwing stuff at my drill press!

Sorry for your misfortune, but I got a really good laugh out of reading that. Not 'cause it's funny, but because I've been there before.......a time or twelve...

Pawpaw, the ETA bobcat is a 2 piece. The bulldozer was a 1 piece with a barrel clamp and scope mount screws to secure it, not a set screw. You can still find the instructions online.

I found that link also, but if you try to add the item to your cart it gives you a 404 page not found error.

With my 930... I want to either go "all out" or minimalist, but nothing in between. I liked the design of the bulldozer for the fact that it used a barrel clamp and receiver mount, instead of the mag tube and set screw. Might have been a bit too much for the 930 SPX but what about the 930 with a rifled barrel? That would be an awesome fit!!!!!

Back