• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Forends

Re: 930 walnut forearm FAIL

Let me see what I can do....

Thanks Mod... I just can't believe it's been so difficult for them to execute this order. They sure didn't have a problem zapping my CC for the $, you know?

Interesting developments: after getting so fed up with Mossberg Customer Service, I decided to email Tom Taylor and Iver Mossberg directly, up in Connecticut. Boy, did that get things jumping!

I got not one but 2 personal calls from the Texas shipping facility shortly thereafter, apologizing and telling me that my part would be shipped out overnight (delivery today).

What a saga... check out the email thread:

Mr. XXX,

My apologies for your poor experience with our customer service. Let me see what I can do to expedite your situation. This is not our typical response.

Thank you for just a bit more patience.

Tom

Tom Taylor
O.F. Mossberg & Sons
Vice President, Sales & Marketing
xxx@mossberg.com
(xxx) xxx-xxxx

Sent: Monday, December 19, 2011 4:53 PM
To: Taylor, Tom
Cc: Mossberg, Iver
Subject: CS oversight issue
Importance: High

Mr. Taylor, I’m a Mossberg shotgun owner and I’d like to bring a continuing customer service problem to the attention of the appropriate senior executive(s) on your team. I do not know who those individuals are, but I’m hoping you can forward my note to their attention or assist directly in getting this resolved as soon as possible.

I placed an order for a shotgun forearm for my 930 autoloader on 11/28/11. It’s now 12/19/11 and that order has STILL not been processed or shipped from your Texas facility. I’ve called every day for the past 3 days running, and more than 7 times in total, to check on this order. Each time I wait at least 15 minutes – and sometimes as long as 45 minutes – on hold. When I do get someone on the phone, they are neither helpful nor knowledgeable. Last week I was told “the computers are down” for more than 24 hours and there was no information available.

Today I was told, unapologetically, that my order would now be shipped out next week (!!) due to “a backlog of other orders”. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was placed on hold, and left there, until I hung up in frustration. At no time has any CSR expressed any regrets, apologies, or offered to personally address the situation.

To say I’m frustrated is a vast understatement.

My order # is xxx. Thanks in advance for your attention to this matter.

--
Sean xxx, CISSP, CISA, CRISC
Sr. Security Consultant
infoLock Technologies
xxx.xxx.xxxx direct
xxx.xxx.xxxx mobile
xxx@infolocktech.com

Great! I love it when people take the ball and whip it at em. I only wish more people would take the initiative like yourself to do the same, instead of groaning about here. We can only do so much....job well done wrytous! As always though, keep is updated.

Ordered my Aimpro Tactial forend for my 930 SPX this week. I can't wait. My Magpul AFG2 is hanging out for a home! :)

Re: MagPul Picatinny rail mod on 930SPX

RippSpeed said:
Ok this is a step by step... Magpul installed
RippSpeed - how sturdy is the Magpul MOE? I'm wanting to install a vertical fore grip and wondering if it can handle the forces involved. What has been your experience?

Re: Aimpro Tri-Rail

m24shooter said:
100_2639.jpg

100_2638.jpg

M24shooter,
Do you know where you got that 2 round shell caddy on your forend rail? I don't have the aimpro rail, but would like to mod this caddy and mount to my standard forend.

NEVERMIND: Found it. Made by Sidearmor and looks like converting from rail mount wouldn't work well.

Forearm Light (Mount)

I would like to put a forearm on my 930 that is designed for a tactical light, preferably with a pressure pad switch (and mount - ?) permanetly installed. Something that leaves the choice of light to me (probably a Surefire though). I have found some close to what I want except they are covered with the picatinney channels - which I do not want. Any suggestions?

Re: Forearm Light (Mount)

I'm not aware of any offhand.

You may have to fabricate something to get what you want. I've seen many some a short rail (1"-2") was attached to the factory forend for the sole purpose of mounting a light and then a pressure switch was positioned where the user wanted it.

More often a light would be attched to a barrel clamp and the pressure switch would again be positioned where the user wanted it.

I've been looking at the barrel clamp with the integrated picatinny rail. The ones I have seen have the rail on the side but I'm looking for one that has it on the bottom.

By accident, I believe I have found what I have been looking for:

http://www.elzetta.com/zsmFAQ.htm

I will be using my Surefire Fury, 500 lumen light. Still looking for a pressure pad that will work with it.

No picatinny rail; with or without pressure pad (using their light). :D

Nice lookin mod. I finally sorted how to post a picture. My race 930SPX has a homemade rail works great for rapid shooting in multi gun events.
th_SPXHandle_zps9372c338.jpg

Sorry to hear all the problems you have gone through but keep us updated and hopefully it will get resolved soon.

930 SPX forend fit

I'm not able to fully thread the mag extension on as only 5 of the 6 threads on the magazine tube are exposed.

I need to figure out where the forend actually makes contact with the metal on the gun and shave off about 1/8th of an inch.

I can either do this inside or modify the outside (front) of the stock where the mag extension meets so the mag extension has a recess to come down another 1/8".

What do you think? Where do I trim?

Yes, I've tried forcing it down farther, checked everything, jiggled and wiggled.

Re: 930 SPX forend fit

Would you be able to post some pictures up? Have you figured out a solution yet?

I am not too sure on how active this site is but does anyone know where I can purchase an oem synthetic fore arm? I tries calling mossberg but the wait times were over an hour to talk to someone. Or if anyone swapped theirs for the railed version and wants to get rid of theirs please let me know. Converting my wood furniture to synthetic is why I need one thanks.

Welcome aboard!

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of anyone that sells the factory polymer forends. Other than finding someone willing to trade, your only option is to get in touch with Mossberg sales and order one from them.

FYI, the wait timer on their hold function skips ahead several minutes every time someone gets off the line with a CS rep. I've called in with initial wait times of 45 minutes to an hour, but have never had to wait more than 15-20 minutes...

Back