• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Mag Tube Assemblies and Extensions

DHonovich

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Sponsor
"Philanthropist"
Mossberg Owners would like to help our members when deciding on what magazine extension is best for you and your Mossberg 930 Autoloader. There are a few options/choices available at the moment that allow for users to customize their setup to their liking. We will be testing these magazine extensions with the various barrels made for the Mossberg 930 autoloader. We will continue to test and review the various options available. If you know of a magazine extension for the Mossberg 930 Autolader that is not currently on the list please post up and I will add it.

Choate
http://www.riflestock.com
Lancer Systems
http://www.lancer-systems.com/
Nordic Components
http://www.nordiccomp.com/
S&J Hardware
http://sjhardware.com/store/index.php
TacStar
http://www.tacstar.com/home/

Re: Mossberg 930 Autoloader Magazine Extensions

Not sure if this' the right forum, but thinking of getting Nordic's barrel/mag extension clamp to run w/factory Choate, and then a +2 Nordic (for 7+1)w/the XL cap as well, JIC I need a little more room. Does ANYONE (and if there is a better forum for this, you can move it, or I'll delete/move it!) know if the Nordic clamp will work w/the newest 930 SPX barrels as they seem a bit thicker than the original? Dont want it to clamp on the barrel but not the extension! Thanks guys!
Stephen

Yeah man, I dont know it will work. It may as I believe they tighten through the center of the clamp.

I don't see any reason why they wouldn't work on that setup but I am not 100% sure of that.

Yea, the newest barrels are .026" inches thicker in the walls/so .052" total I'd think. So if that makes it or breaks it and anyone knows, do tell!! Thanks
Stpehen

The clamps will not work with the third gen barrels. They are too thick.
I'm trying to find out some more information.

with my brand new spx and my trusty starrett calipers i measure the muzzle wall thickness to be .092" and i measure the OD of the muzzle all the way to the front of the forend at .912" and the barrel doesn't begin to taper up until after this point ... if this helps any.

can the people with extension post pics of the stock versus the extensions ??? So I we can figure out what how much longer it would be ???

I will be posting pictures of the Nordic Components +2, +3, +4 and +5 with a 28" VR barrel. I will also post pictures when my 18.5" barrel arrives.

I'm gonna have to send out for a third choate extension and after that, if i get one more crooked one, nordic, here i come. The replacement tube for my first tube is still half as crooked as the one that came with my spx. Still won't be able to mount a clamp on it. This time i'm callin' choate directly instead of mossberg. After all, i just gave choate $84 for the mark 5 pistol grip.

Give me a little while to get some coffee and I'll post pics of the S&J, Choate, and Nordic tubes that are at or near the muzzle.
Late night: had to go in and deal with some turds.

Views of the Nordic, Choate, and S&J extensions. Side views show an approximation of length, the muzzle end shots show where they actually end relative to each other. Also included the standard and XL Nordic caps.

nordicxl.jpg

nordicstd.jpg

sjside.jpg

sjend.jpg

choateside.jpg

choateend.jpg

Keep in mind that the Nordic and S&J extensions have a seperate tube and nut, and the length will vary with installation due to different thread depths or user needs. Some users may have slightly longer overall lengths while others will have shorter.

Bizill said:
I'm gonna have to send out for a third choate extension and after that, if i get one more crooked one, nordic, here i come. The replacement tube for my first tube is still half as crooked as the one that came with my spx. Still won't be able to mount a clamp on it. This time i'm callin' choate directly instead of mossberg. After all, i just gave choate $84 for the mark 5 pistol grip.
Damn!!! Brotha ... sucks that your having issues. I hope I dont have issues when I get my 930 spx out of 10day jail. When did you purchase yours???

I also ended up purchasing the Mark 5 PG but didnt pay that much. Either way, I hope I get the 3rd gen 930 spx where most of the glitches are sorted out. I'm going to take her apart before I take her out of the store to make sure. Everything is good...

brand new shipment from mossberg. what, about three weeks ago. mossberg did address my issue, but this one i'm going to pin on choate. they are the manufacturers so let them replace it now.

m24, what nordic is that that has places the cap flush with the barrel? as paris hilton would say, "that's hot."

also, you still rollin' with the aimpro rail? i was teetering on purchasing one and even talked to aimpro twice on the phone, but now i got a piston driven ar-15 on the mind. talk to me. :p

edit: upon further inspection, using the aimpro rail causes the factory choate to be near flush with the barrel, correct? and the question still stands about the nordic with the longer cap that makes things flush.

2nd edit: nevermind, i went back and re-read your weaponevolution thread. it's an optional cap.

3rd edit: .... aaaaand, forget the question on the rail giving ext tube standoff. i've been drinking tonight. but the question stands, are you still sporting the tri-rail?

Well, I think I'm down to one question on the Tri Rail right?
In answer to that, yes, I'm still using it. I'm currently using a sling mount, shell carrier, Trijicon MRDS for slugs, and remote switch for my TLR on the rails.

Perfect brother. I love your co-witness. I personally am debating a bushnell holosight. No co-witness, but a 1moa dot for slugs with 65 moa ring for buckshot. Sound like a decent plan? I believe so. ... then again, not the best idea for home defense due to having to turn the sight on. Thus i love the idea of your baby trij or some sort of aimpoint -- always on.

another thing i just noticed you did on your spx is mark the bolts that hold the rail to the receiver. good idea to keep from over-torqueing your bolts and stripping the threads of the receiver!

m24shooter;
did you go with a +2 mag from nordic ???

I was planning you adding a muzzle break on mine and have the barrel ported as well... I really like the king Armoury muzzle brake and go with R&D Customs Browning port to my 930 spx... I'm hoping to reduce recoil as much as possible... And add a +3 mag if its flush...

RippSpeed said:
m24shooter;
did you go with a +2 mag from nordic ???

I was planning you adding a muzzle break on mine and have the barrel ported as well... I really like the king Armoury muzzle brake and go with R&D Customs Browning port to my 930 spx... I'm hoping to reduce recoil as much as possible... And add a +3 mag if its flush...
I will be setting up my Mossberg 930 autoloader in a similar fashion. I just got my Trulock Choke Tactical Breacher Choke in and will likely be getting an AIMPRO barrel threaded with the works. With that I plan to use the +3 Nordic extension tube if it fits(I have the +2,+3,+4 and =5 sitting at the house already).

Trulock Tactical Choke (2.125")
p454688004-4.jpg

p107563517-4.jpg

p515902427-4.jpg

Nordic Magazine Extension Tubes
p428054833-4.jpg

p402063635-4.jpg

p461234503-4.jpg

p59954400-4.jpg

p430916768-4.jpg

+5 (~11.75)
p317931578-4.jpg

+4 (~10.25")
p467728558-4.jpg

+3 (~8.5")
p73839393-4.jpg

+2 (~6")
p755895212-4.jpg

First Impressions: The finish on the Nordic Components magazine extension tubes is nearly identical to the factory finish on my Mossberg 930 Autoloader. This is a huge plus for me as I like parts that look as though they should have came directly from Mossberg with them installed. Additionally, all 3 parts of the setup seem well made and screw into each other smoothly.

Installation: You simply remove your factory magazine cap and assembly, screw on the Nordic Components system, measure and cut the supplied spring to approximately 10-16" longer than the factory magazine tube + the Nordic Components extension (I cut mine to ~10" to achieve full capacity and function) and finally you screw on the cap.

Use: With each of the Nordic Components magazine extension tubes I was able to achieve the indicated increases in magazine capacity. My Mossberg 930 Autoloader performed flawlessly while loading and firing with the newly installed Nordic Components magazine extension tubes. I really can't say enough about the fit, finish and functionality of these tubes; they are great! They work exactly as they should and I highly recommend them to anyone looking to increase the capacity of your Mossberg 930 Autoloader.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GP3chtk5QwA[/youtube]

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Back