• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Mag Tube Assemblies and Extensions

Re: Brand New Mossberg 930 Owner we have a problem

Well I installed the new nordic 2shot extension with the 3/4 cap.Was able to fit 7 rounds in tube but gun would not cycle proper. I took the gun apart only to find terrible marks on the magazine tube. I called mossberg yesturday spoke to a really nice customer service rep (david) who emailed me a pre-paid shipping label to have mossberg look at my shotgun regarding the marks on tube. Was advised will have to replace magazine tube,piston and coil spring. Sent out friday should have back in few a weeks.. I am still waiting on my replacement magazine spring that I requested on 8/13 still not sure when I will get. Will keep you posted.

snakdoc said:
Thank you for the kind words. I wasn't quiet sure why the negative response.

Sorry for the negativity. The problem has been resolved.

Please know we dont run that kind of forum. That kind of response absolutely does not reflect our values here. Others can tell you, we have posted and reposted the same information over and over again and we'll continue to do it if its helpin folks out. We will not respond negatively like that to those lookin for help to resolve issues with their firearms.

Sometime we'll retype the same information, and othertimes we find the info and will link it up the thread. Other times its possible just to merge the new thread to the existing.

Whatever it takes... we'll do it and we'll be as helpful as we're able.

It's all good. I just enjoy reading imporant information pertaining to this mossberg 930 shotgun. Will keep doing more and more research on this firearm. One can never have to my information. I have found out that setting aside the minor issues that for the most part mossberg oweners really enjoy there 930

Good to hear doc...yea there's some issues...besides customer service.....but they are fixable.

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!! I got a email from the customer service supervisor Javier asking for return call regarding the bad customer service that I had recently gone through. Wow this was GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE. Javier apologized for what I was going through with my 930. He went the extra step to correct a bad issue. Was advised that he himself would take my shotgun to his head gunsmith to make sure the issues I was having were corrected,and over look the process himself. Javier advised me that he wants this shotgun in perfect brand new working order. Wow that was more than I was looking for. Javier asked for my phone number so that he could call me to let me know my shotgun was corrected and in perfect working order and let me know the tracking number. Was also advised that he is going to overnight my shotgun back to me to make sure that I have it by friday instead of a few weeks. I told Javier that this is the type of serivce I heard about that makes he fell better about doing bussiness with a company like mossberg. Very impressed with Javier. Looking forward to getting this bad boy back and taking to range this weekend. Just wanted to pass along a great experince with Mossberg customer service. Will keep you guys updated.

Take care

Re: Mossberg 930 Autoloader Magazine Extensions

m24shooter said:
Views of the Nordic, Choate, and S&J extensions. Side views show an approximation of length, the muzzle end shots show where they actually end relative to each other. Also included the standard and XL Nordic caps.

nordicxl.jpg

nordicstd.jpg

sjside.jpg

sjend.jpg

choateside.jpg

choateend.jpg

Keep in mind that the Nordic and S&J extensions have a seperate tube and nut, and the length will vary with installation due to different thread depths or user needs. Some users may have slightly longer overall lengths while others will have shorter.[/qu

What Nordic components are pictured?

..and there you go. Please do update us when you get your shotgun back. Take care. Tom Worthington.

Very good to see they're taking steps to renew your confidence in your purchase.

Javier Contreras has consistently been the light of hope that Mossberg will get things turned around in their CS department. He has helped many of our members out in similar fashion. Looking forward to your update here and to pics from your first range trip...

UPDATE!!! Fedex dropped of my shotgun this saturday.Took it apart to make sure that there were no marks on magazine tube. Also looked inside the gas piston housing to make sure that the coil spring wasn't sticking out more than it should,to where it would mark the tube when placing barrel back on. So far looks good. I was able to get 7 rounds in tube.Also for the first time I was able to ghost load 9 rounds. Gun manually cycles like to should.I also had mossberg install a new magazine spring. I measured it and is 37" long the other spring I had was 39".Will know more when I take to range first week of september. Will post another update.Hoping all goes well.....

Awesome man!

Looking forward to your range report...

Well todays is the day. Going to take the mossberg 930 spx to the range. Hope all goes well,and I don't have any feeding issues and that when I take apart the gun that there are no marks on tube. Keeping my fingers crossed.

We're dying here. What happened?! Take care. Tom Worthington.

snakdoc said:
Well todays is the day. Going to take the mossberg 930 spx to the range. Hope all goes well,and I don't have any feeding issues and that when I take apart the gun that there are no marks on tube. Keeping my fingers crossed.

So......how did it go?

I was hoping to be able to post a range report today. But some things came up over this past week end that unabled me to go to the range. The good news is that I am on vacation this week, so I am going to try and go sometime this week when there won't be a lot of people waiting to shoot. As soon as I get back I will post a range report. Trust me I am very curious on how this shotgun will function. Well let you guys know. Thanks.

Back