• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Mag Tube Assemblies and Extensions

Re: 930 Mag Extension

You can pop it out with a screwdriver with very little force. Be careful 'cause once you pop it that spring will shoot outta the tube right toward whatever it's pointed at. Just make sure it's not your face...

Thanks. I always hate to start prying on something without conformation that it is OK. What is the purpose of the plug?

Know of any places with Nordic +2 magazine extension in stoc

Been searching the web like crazy, can't find anyone with the Nordic +2 magazine extension in stock.

Any leads?

...to hold the spring in place while you remove/re-install the end cap. Without it, you'd have to fight the spring tension...

Re: Know of any places with Nordic +2 magazine extension in

I checked there this morning. Anyone know when these things may be in again? To me it looks like the 930 SPX owners have made a run on this product as many of the Choate extensions are complete junk.

I just need the tube. Already have the nut and cap. Any leads or offers to sell me one you have are really appreciated!

Re: Mossberg 930 Autoloader Magazine Extensions

Any word on when the Nordic +2 extension will be available again? Any leads on companies that actually have them in stock/on hand/ready to ship?

Re: Fixing A Mossberg 930 Feed From The Tube Problem: Browne

Absolutely.

Reputable information is hard to find on the damn interwebs.

Re: Fixing A Mossberg 930 Feed From The Tube Problem: Browne

Great read!

Trouble with S&J +2 mag extension for 930 tactical

I have a 930 tactical 4 + 1 with the door buster. A friend of mine recommended it and it really is a fantastic shot gun. I just "tried" to install a +2 mag extension from S&J hardware. I am no gun smith but it seemed fairly straight forward. However, I cannot get the gun to chamber rounds from the mag now. I have a side saddle installed and I loosened those screws just incase...If I only put 4 or less shells in the mag it sometimes will chamber them. If I put all 6 in the mag, they all stay in the tube like the mag is empty. Any ideas what I have done wrong, or need to do...? I moved the plug that came with the spring from S&J hardware from one end to the other. No change. Any help would be appriciated.

Re: Trouble with S&J +2 mag extension for 930 tactical

Ok, I put the factory mag spring back in and the shells will chamber now. However now the gun jams fairly easy. Has anyone had success with these mag extensions, or did I just waste money and turn a good 5 shot gun into a poor 7 shot gun?

Is the spring too large in diameter? Could put a little stretch in the factory spring to put a little more tension on the shells to help with the jamming. Measure the inside diameter of the original magazine vs. the extension. Check for burs, rough edges etc.

I had a problem where I had tightened a clamp too tight and it was causing the magazine to slightly egg and caused fowling on the shells traveling in the magazine.

Cleaned and well oiled?

Good luck.

The spring that S&J sent with the extension was actually much smaller in diameter than the factory spring. It was longer, like you would expect, but it almost looks like it should be a 20gauge spring. I have an email out to them to see if maybe they sent one of those by mistake. I didnt think about stretching the original spring. I am actually experiencing the jams now when shootinig it. It feeds fine with the factory spring in it when I hand cycle it. The gun itself has less than 100 rounds shot through it. I did give it a good couple shots of CLP but I hav'nt tried running wet yet.

Thanks for the responses.

Mag Tube Cap/Crimp, HELP please

Hi, I just bought a 930 in Michigan. When I took off the mag tube cap, there wasn't a spring behind it like I see in all the videos online.
Instead there is a metal crip in there that is holding in the spring.
It looks like it's going to take a little work get get this piece out so I can put on a NC mag tube extension.
Any advice, help, tutorials anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks much. Happy holidays.
[youtube]http://youtu.be/FEsbwjCkRFk[/youtube]

Re: Mag Tube Cap/Crimp, HELP please

Welcome aboard!

Just pop it out with a screwdriver. Watch your face though, that spring is gonna shoot outta there with some force...

Re: Mag Tube Cap/Crimp, HELP please

Welcome Rotor23 from a fellow Michigander.

LES is correct. The spring stopper is easy to pop out by just moving it back and forth a bit with a screwdriver.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK_2i1maNKQ[/youtube]
Check out this video at about 1:17 (Yes, this is a 590 but it's the same process)

Back