• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Sights

myers022

Copper BB
I wanted to get a rear fiber optic sight for my 930 waterfowl, I didn't know if they make one that works with the stock front fiber sight. If not, can I replace the front fiber sight and get a new sight for the shotgun?

Thanks,

Re: Rear Fiber Optic Sight for 930 Waterfowl

If there is a way, I dont know of it. You may be able to find a "rifle sight" styled set up that would put something on the rib in front of the receiver.

Thats all I got man, sorry.

Re: Rear Fiber Optic Sight for 930 Waterfowl

Dang, I'm diggin the HiViz Front and Rear Fiber Optic combo!

spx rail prevent sighting w/ 28" vr fiber optic barrel?

Hi, saw this forum from xdtalk.

I was all set on wanting a 930 field/security combo, and figured I'd add a Nordic +2 mag extension so it stays flush with the shorter barrel. Then I read here it still won't get up to 7+1 that way. Is it just that extension that won't or is something different with the spx vs. regular 930 that gets the extra shell in?

Purpose is HD / recreational clay shooting. Now I'm thinking just get the traditional stocked spx and buy a 28" barrel like the one that comes in the package. The ghost ring set up would be cool to have, then I could swap out to the 28" barrel for clays, which hopefully is the only way I fire it besides practicing with the 18.5" and ghost ring set up.

Does anyone know though if I take off the rear ghost ring is there a nice groove in the pic. rail or would it essentially block the fiber optic sight on the replacement barrel? Or does the rail remove easily...but I don't like the idea of swapping it all the time anyways if that's the case.

Re: spx rail prevent sighting w/ 28" vr fiber optic barrel?

I dont own a 930, but I'll give you my experience with rails and hopefully someone else in the "know" will bail me out if I open mouth, insert foot.

Rails, even when grooved usually arent deep enough. Typically if you try to sight through a receiver mounted rail, the plain isnt long enough to be accurate. I dont like swapping between the 2 either, but the rail removes fairly easily. Just keep track of the little screws.

On the extensions, you'll have to read through the Nordic Comp posts. Dan has detailed just what does what. There are also larger, (or longer) caps that slighly extend the extension which may get you that extra shell and make the extended tube even closer to the 18.5.

The thread on the nordic Comp parts is in this section somewhere...

I have to look into why the Mossberg 930 SPX is 7+1. I am guessing that the Choate extension tube is a +3.

930 SPX sight adjustments?

Finally taking the ole' girl out this weekend, and as I recently read M24's newest weaponevolution.com update I discovered my 3rd gen bbl'd SPX has the original blue spring. (thanks M24, would of never known diff, did think my sight looked like your original one though) Which as long as, after I put some hi-brass through it for a 'break in' it function's with light loads, I'll keep it (ain't broke, dont fix it!). But, I'd heard problem's of people maxing out their elevation adjustment (think most I've heard of were usually shooting TOO HIGH) when using slugs at 50+yds, worried about that as my thicker bbl'd SPX has a SHORTER frnt sight (1'st gen) than the tall/new one FOR thicker bbl. So, does anyone know how much each click on the front sight moves POI, also same for rear sights? Looking at it now, it came from factory w/rear sight almost ALL THE WAY UP.... GOTTA SHOOT, might have to contact OFM and get a new one, DO NOT WANT TO IF CAN BE AVOIDED!!!!!!!!! Range time Sat, if anyone knows about how much each click on the frnt sight (elevation), rear sight (wind and elev) moves POI in "s, I'd REALLY appreciate it!
Thank's,
Stephen :D

930 long barrel fiber optic size?

I want to replace my fiber optic sight from red to green. I see green better and the red one is pretty dull. I have done it with one of my handguns and it's pretty easy. You can buy strips for next to nothing. I just need to know the diameter if anyone knows?

Thanks,

Re: 930 long barrel fiber optic size?

I believe the factory red fiber optic is a TruGlo FAT-BEAD / FAT-BEAD UNIVERSAL SKU# TG948UR

A little late to this thread but I have a 930 tactical. Mine came with a rail installed but a bead front site. The rail on mine did block the bead. I took the rail off and the bead is dead on a 25 yards. The groove in the rail is not very deep. I thought about using a Doctor optic and leaving the rail on but I guess I'm so use to a bead site. The screws and threads appear so small that I wouldn't thing the threads would last long taking the rail on and off with every barrel change. I'll try to post a picture later if I can find the rail from the box in the attic. David

edit: here are some poor quality photos but you get the idea. First one is of the receiver with the bead the second one you can see where the rail obstructs the view. David
IMG_4281.jpg

IMG_4295.jpg

Ghost ring /bead sight setup. Will it Work?

I have a 930 HS and would like to install a ghost ring setup. What I would like to do is install the Mossberg rear ghost ring sight on the receiver. For the front instead of the Mossberg ramp sight I would like to install this http://www.opticsplanet.net/hiviz-tactical-shotgun-front-sight.html.

I have seen an article with LPA ghost ring with the Hiviz bead on an 870. http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=96928&st=0&gopid=1107874&#entry1107874. Just wondering if the Mossberg ghost ring will work with the Hiviz bead on my 930. Any thoughts or feedback would be appreciated.

Re: Ghost ring /bead sight setup. Will it Work?

I really like that setup! I don't see any reason you wouldn't be able to do the same on your Mossberg 930 autoloader. The Mossberg rear ghost sight has some adjustment but it may not have enough to properly sight in the shotgun. That is the only issue I could see you running into with that setup.

I am trying to get a comparison between the mossberg ghost ring front sight and the hiviz bard sight. Does anyone have the heigth measurement of either? Thanks

The rear ghost ring sight can be ordered for 68.00, and the front sight and barrel are 155.00 from Mossberg. I ordered this for my Home Security to make it a SPX. P/n 18446MT for the rgs p/n 18449MT for the front sight and barrel, I also brought the mag tube and charging handle for 45.00 for both from Mossberg. For me it was cheaper to make my own SPX, in my area the SPX retails for 799.99.

Back