• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Sights

Re: SPX optics....

DSC_0180.JPG

Yes I use a UTG on my 930. I just found that I am very use to these sites from my ARs and decided I wanted one for the 930. It works fantastic and hold zero very well even after 100 slugs.

Zeroing the sights

A Newbie Question:

My 930 SPX comes with ghost ring sights. Should I zero them the same way one zeroes rifles?

I realize the answer is pretty obvious, but I'm new to shotguns, though not to rifles or handguns. So I'd just like to make sure I'm getting it right.

Re: Zeroing the sights

up brings it up and down puts POI down (within the first 30ft/10yrds or so this is opposite to account for the elevated sights)... windage is the same, right pushes POI right and left, left.

I'd zero slugs at 25 or 50 yards (I went with 25) and then adjust your hold over for longer distance shots, I've found this keeps the grs right in fun clay range and still isn't to far off for quick aim hd situations when aiming center mass.

Re: 930 "Home Defense" rear sights?

So, just to give you guys an update, I could not make a decision on the sights, instead I went for a Red-Dot instead. I also installed a couple of other accessories and so far I'm pretty happy with what I have. This is how the shotgun looks right now:

- Mossberg 930 ("Tactical Edition")
- Nordic Components +2 Extension Tube
- Mesa Tactical 8-shell side saddle
- UTG Weaver Picatinny Style Tactical Low Profile Mount MNT-MB500T
- Truglo Red-Dot Tru-Brite Open-Dot TG8380BN
- Elzetta ZSM Light Mount
- FSI 1 Point Tactical Bungee Sling
- BLACKHAWK! Single-Point Sling Adapter
- The Flashlight is a $15 placeholder for the moment - Planning on buying a new Elzetta 500+ lumen when released this summer (On the picture: Rayovac "Indestructible" DIY2AA-B)

e8x440.jpg

n53a5s.jpg

2j10tip.jpg

2rmkxh0.jpg

nvecjn.jpg

2rpps86.jpg

2icbeo1.jpg

4idlkp.jpg

2wfq1bb.jpg

I can't find any previous question/ answer so....

I have a 930 JM Pro. I would like to fit a good rear sight to use with the existing OEM red foresight or what other ideas are there without welding replacement foresight please?

Also, any thoughts on red dot reflex or tube please?

Thanks guys

JohnG

Greetings,

Anyone ever removed the rail from the receiver of a 930 spx, and fired the gun?

Would removing the rail, weaken the receiver?

Thanks
hagatha

johngarnett said:
I can't find any previous question/ answer so...

Also, any thoughts on red dot reflex or tube please?

JohnG

I put a Vortex red dot, on my SPX and love it! Its affordable and has held up well. Stays zeroed and pretty good battery life.

hagatha

I know this thread is tired, but does anyone know the part number for the .400 dovetail mount XS sights 24/7 tritium front stripe. Would love to replace my SPX Blackwater's white stripe with something green and glowing.

I recently purchased a 930 SPX and the kurled knob that tightens the ghost ring sight to the picatinny rail appears to be bent down about 30 degrees. I called Mossberg and was told that this "bend" is correct but I'm still not sure it is supposed to be like that. I think it should be straight. Any thoughts on this? Also, what size are the little screws that hold the rail to the receiver, one of mine fell out and is lost. thanks! Robert

930 Waterfowl Sight Line

Wondering if anyone has noticed or bothered by the tap screws in the receiver of the 930. When you look down the barrel the hump of the screw head just starts to impede on the view of the bead? Thanks for any info ahead of time.

Does anyone know of a fiber optic sight set, preferably low-profile, that the rear will mount directly to a 930 receiver (no rail) and the front will screw into the bead hole?

That would be a perfect setup for my new project. But I can't find this setup anywhere. The Williams sights comes close but most of the fiber options mount in the original Williams sites. I need it to go directly to the receiver.

I can't help but think that someone could make a mint selling a setup like this.

McCann Industries FORS Fiber Optic Rail System

I found a company that makes a sweet sight set up for shotguns. It's basically a mil-spec rail for the receiver that has a three dot fiber optic set built in. Its made by McCann Industries which has been around doing gun mounts, M14 gadgets and knives and such for the military since the 1960's.

It's a neat concept. Aesthetically, I don't like the way it hangs over the front of the receiver but I could get used to that. The company is adamant about their products being 100% American made from 100% American materials. This looks like a quality piece. Check it out... Great company, sweet product!

http://www.mccannindustries.com/fors.htm

Funny I can't find any information online about this product ANYWHERE except at their web site.

Attachments

• mccann fors.jpg
    mccann fors.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 105
bossharp said:
I am looking for replacement sights for my 930 turkey 24"vr barrel..Has anyone here tried the Truglo Pro magnum Gobble Dots ?? I want a adjustable for slug use but real 'idiot proof' if I drop or bang the barrel..A few reviews mentioned breaking the fiber optical front tube that then had to be replaced.It has to be a vent rib mounted but I really want a good one that will stand up and STAY sighted in.If I can find one thats easy to see in low light conditions so much the better.Thanks all!
I haven't gotten to the end to see why this thread has new life BUT it looks like this was not addressed. If you carry spare light tube stock in your gear bag (and everyone who has these sights should) then with a pair of snips and a source of flame (butane lighter - match) repaid can be done in minutes. Passing on light tubes because they might break is not the answer. There is a reason they are so popular - SO many of them work really well!

Yesterday I installed the TruGlo's and so far there perfect. They looked slightly different from the web pic ( 2 straight tubes instead of a U shaped on the rear)I asked TruGlo and they told me it was improvement to make it more durable. They look tough and from my limited testing just what I wanted. I should have just bought them long ago! No other sight has a better rep with the turkey hunters.For the first time I held a SPX at Dicks with the ghost rings and am glad I went with the fiber optic's.

The TruGlo's are steel and clamp on the vent rib with machine screws..Very solid mount and fully adjustable for windage and elevation. I love mine! I think the best thing about them is if it's cloudy or at dawn/dusk you still have a good sight picture. I'm frugal (cheap) but they are worth the cost. .

hello all, im new to the shotgun game other than my wingmaster 16 gauge i turkey hunt with. i have the 930 tactical model with 18.5 inch barrel i have ordered the nordic +2 mag extension. as far as stocks go i think i may leave it a traditional stock since it looks like the pistol grip/ stock combos are limited to the mesa tactical and ati raven. now im trying to figure out sights....ghost rings? or fiber optic? the purpose is mainly HD with some fun target shooting as well. what do you guys/gals think is the best sight for my application?

No better sight for a defensive shotgun than the factory bead.

It's super fast and simple. Practice with it and you'll be able to hit any target you aim for at the range as well...

Back