• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Sights

I know this thread is tired, but does anyone know the part number for the .400 dovetail mount XS sights 24/7 tritium front stripe. Would love to replace my SPX Blackwater's white stripe with something green and glowing.

I wanted the same one so I contacted them... they discontinued it. I'm so bummed out. I wanted this sight so bad. I'm going to have to do something else now. This sight would have been perfect too....

Here is the response:

"We no longer offer that tritium stripe front sight. The lamp used in them was discontinued and is no longer available from our tritium supplier.

We have a tritium dot style front sight available for shotguns in that height which is $60 + S&H."

Rick

I just picked up a used rifle sighted fully rifled slug barrel for my 930. Found it in a bin of barrels at a LGS near where I hunt. Does anyone know if there is tritium night sight replacement blade and rear sight for this barrel similar to the Trijicon night sights?

All I can find is William's Fire sights which I have on several other gun and they are great unless you are in a dark blind then they don't grab enough light.

It's a dovetail. I don''t have a 590 so I assume the same.

Thanks not sure how I missed that one. Any ideas on a rear sight?

Thank you sir, your google-fu is stronger than mine today.

Do they make a tritium sight that replaces the front bead? A direct screw in replacement?
If so, what is the brightest brand?

Last edited:

I appreciate the advice!

Looking at reviews and getting a mix. Some saying that the sight is small others saying that the threads stick into the barrel.
Do you have this on your gun? Any install tips?

I seen XS brand, which seems bigger, but you have to glue it on!! Wtf?

Any pics of how the Mepro looks would be awesome!

Yes, I have the Meprolight bead on my 930 Tactical.

The threads are long for the standard barrels and sometimes need to be filed down or use a shim. However, the 930 Tactical has the thicker, heavy walled barrel and no modification is necessary. The Meprolight is a simple screw in replacement. Other than glowing in the dark, it will look just like the factory white dot bead on yours...

Yes, I have the Meprolight bead on my 930 Tactical.

The threads are long for the standard barrels and sometimes need to be filed down or use a shim. However, the 930 Tactical has the thicker, heavy walled barrel and no modification is necessary. The Meprolight is a simple screw in replacement. Other than glowing in the dark, it will look just like the factory white dot bead on yours...
Sounds easy. Use any blue Loctite? I guess when it threads it will work out tight, and pointing towards target? Heard some issues with indexing also. Old sight comes out counterclockwise?

Also, did you add any type of small rail to top of receiver?
Something like this;
http://www.amazon.com/Mossberg-Shotgun-Picatinny-Rail-Mount/dp/B00ME8SZFS/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1434131518&sr=8-17-spons&keywords=meprolight mossberg

Although I'm guessing that would mess up line of sight to bead....and Mepro and rail doesn't say for 930...?

And for the Meprolight, apparently there is an old plastic version(I think like the one in your link) and the new version is metal and has a white ring around the tritium for target acquisition in daytime. Would like the new version but somehow it seems the model numbers are the same for both. ML 34044

Here is the link at Midway for updated version, but of course they are out of stock..
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/18...d-sight-5-40-thread-steel-matte-tritium-green

Last edited:
The one I have is metal.

All Mossberg shotgun front sights are drilled and tapped for 5/40 threads regardless of model number. Didn't use any thread locker. It indexed fine on my barrel. Most of the idex issues are with the thinner walled standard barrels...

While I am not crazy about the epoxy method, I am crazy about the XS Big Dots. And a little taller sight will be welcomed.

Ordered one today...

xsbigdotmossy.jpg

Has anyone used a Skinner Lo Pro peep sight on a 930. Their web site has a picture of one installed on a Benelli. I emailed them yesterday but have not heard back yet, seems like a simple and inexpensive option for a nice rear site.
upload_2017-3-13_23-53-59.png

Last edited:
Worldbfree, this what are you using for a front sight? Hope you’re still around.

This thread is stale and I’m a newb so no PM privileges yet or I’d reach out to world directly. Any of you other 930 operators use the Skinner Lo Pro? If so, what front sight are you using. Thanks.

No one with the Skinners has responded, so:
Personally, I would go with the factory Mossberg GR rear, the SPX LPA rear on a rail, or XS' offering.

The Skinner is a small steel rod threaded into a fairly thin aluminum receiver, and there is no substantial base to disperse attachment force over the body of the receiver.

For Cheap Eddie, wanting a peep/GR on his $150 Moss 500 from the pawn shop, sure, it's fine. A couple of good knocks, and the receiver threads are shot. "ButButButBut...!" If your 930 is a range toy,or a modest use field-gun, the Skinner will do fine. If it's your HD gun, or if you're considering 3 gun, spend the money for something that mounts much more securely, and is more abuse-resistant.

After a lot of years working with a fair number of gunshops, aluminum receivers never do well with single-steel post sights.

Back