• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Stock Options

I will 2nd the review:
Do NOT waste money on Boyd's stocks. The fit was atrocious for any dollar amount. The stock doesn't match the receiver, the screw holes for the butt plate don't match so you can't use factory recoil pad. The hole in rear of stock to bolt it on isn't big enough to get a socket on. It must be reamed out. Fore grip has poor fit.
Lastly, if it's not veneer, it sure looks like it.
Shold have just bought the real deal from mossberg.

I finally found a Mesa Urbino that was at a good price. Planning on shooting it tomorrow to finish sighting in the Bushnell TRS-25. I want to snap a pic to post, but Photobucket isn't free anymore. Any thoughts on posting pics for free?

tcecil88 would like to know how well it cycles ,with that Urbino stock. I may be looking for one soon. Just a little nervous about changing out my recoil spring because there's nothing wrong with the one that comes with my 930 JM pro. Right now I just have a mk5 Choate pistol grip stock and works fine.

tcecil88 would like to know how well it cycles ,with that Urbino stock. I may be looking for one soon. Just a little nervous about changing out my recoil spring because there's nothing wrong with the one that comes with my 930 JM pro. Right now I just have a mk5 Choate pistol grip stock and works fine.

I put 15 Federal Tru-Ball Slugs through it the other day and had 0 issues. Felt recoil might be a smidge more but it was not uncomfortable. Cycling was smooth, but it was a full power load. I don't run alot of birdshot through it, even though I installed OR3GUN's Multi-Use combo for a little extra reliability. I want to get some stands for clay pigeons and do some training, which would be alot cheaper with birdshot than slugs.
Learning to use my trigger finger to manipulate the safety has been the hardest part so far.

Anyone have any tips on getting off the stock recoil tube? Got the Urbino stock, but even applying heat to where the tube screws into the receiver to loosen the glue per the instructions, the thing wasn’t budging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strip yor 930 down, and fill the area of the receiver, around the action spring tube, with Marvel Mystery oil, Kroil, or another good penetrating oil. Use your heat gun, and heat the receiver, inside and out, until the oil starts to smoke. Let it cool to room temp, and twist on the tube. You can GENTLY use a long punch, or piece of steel rod (~3/16", IIRC) run through the holes where the spring retaining plug passes through. Use some force, but not much more than you'd use to fasten the wheel nuts on a bicycle. If it won't budge, reheat and let it sit with the oil a day or two.

Back