• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

mossberg 930 ftf

chevythunder

Copper BB
good afternoon all. New to the forum,and have a an issue with my 930. Having alot of fail to fires,just took it out again 2 days ago and out of 15 rounds 4 did not fire. the firing pin is leaving a dimple on the primer,and it doesnt matter if i use remington or winchester ammo. I can put the ftf rounds in my 870 and it will fire everyone of them everytime. Anyone else have this issue? This is the only gun i own that i would be willing to sell because of all the issues i have had with it. I would like to change that view...

Is this a new gun? Or just a new problem?

If it's new, how well did you clean it when you got it?

Mossberg puts a lot of thick grease in their guns for shipping and it will cause issues if not removed. I took it apart, cleaned the grease off of everything, relubed it and it's been good ever since. If some of that grease is packed around the firing pin it could be inhibiting it's travel through the bolt and could be causing your problems.

^ I second that.

Pulled my bolt apart when I got mine and it was all gunked up inside. If that's not the case, you may have a weak firing pin spring that needs replacing...

If it's not a dirty firing pin/ bolt issue, then the only other thing that it can be is dirt or grease in the trigger group.

Take the trigger group out and make sure the hammer moves freely and doesn't bind or get sticky.....

Smitty

Back