• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Sighting In

M36

Copper BB
I picked up a 930 SPX and after solving some feeding issues with a new spring, I am having a hard time getting this sighted in. I'm used to my 870 putting slugs and buckshot in the same spot. For starters, the front sight is canted slightly left, and I'm shooting Federal LE slugs and buck. After the third attempt, I was shooting from 15 yards and got the slug to somewhat land in the middle of the target but after switching to the buck shot, they landed about 6" higher. I'm not quite sure which direction the ghost site should be adjusted to change elevation and I found out the front sight is adjustable with an allen wrench.

I found a Youtube video where the person removed the front sight post and is using a red dot which I kind of like. But I am trying to get this done with the sight still on the gun. I've wasted a lot or rounds with this and on the verge of selling it and waiting for the Beretta A300 Patrol to come out, but I want to make sure I have done all I can with this.

Any thoughts?

M36,
Did you buy the 930 new? If so call Mossberg service and they should fix the front alignment issue. The rear GRS should be workable to get you sighted in. It has both windage and elevation adjustability.
Note that you need to set the sights for your intended purpose. If it’s slugs you need to pick a type of slug and a distance. This will be only good for that pair of parameters. Once you change the ammo or the distance then POA and POI will shift. This goes for most any type of firearm.
I set up my 590A1 GRS sights for Federal sabot slugs at 25 yards. If I shoot anything else then I just use the front sight like a bead.

Stick with it. You’ll have the same issues with the Beretta.
7179360D-FC08-44CD-B9B5-2259E4148A23.jpeg6BD66FCD-A83B-402C-9E3A-644BA534C4F4.jpeg8CC32BAE-50EE-4015-A91D-0C281CDBFE90.jpeg

No problem. Keep us informed as to what the future holds. If it’s a Beretta then we all welcome all types of firearm information.

Back