• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 spx: Assault Weapon?

hello to all from california, I have a Mossberg 930 spx with a pistol grip and a fixed stock, since Im in california and we have a deadline for registering assault weapon on which the shotgun with a pistol grip is considered an assault weapon. Do I have to register or just leave it as is and do nothing?

Attachments

• 111FA929-39A4-45C0-9E82-441BFD7B787C.jpeg
    111FA929-39A4-45C0-9E82-441BFD7B787C.jpeg
    176.4 KB · Views: 11
Did the law there change? I thought you could have one "evil feature" on a shotgun which would be the pistol grip. I tried to look but it seems the laws there are changing faster than the state government can keep up. The state website for guns says has a 96 page "assault weapon guide" but it was from the turn if the century and it said it was being updated. Maybe one of our CA members will check in on this thread. If not, I would contact a pro gun group and ask. Good luck.

Did the law there change? I thought you could have one "evil feature" on a shotgun which would be the pistol grip. I tried to look but it seems the laws there are changing faster than the state government can keep up. The state website for guns says has a 96 page "assault weapon guide" but it was from the turn if the century and it said it was being updated. Maybe one of our CA members will check in on this thread. If not, I would contact a pro gun group and ask. Good luck.
https://oag.ca.gov/firearms/bullet-button-assault-weapon

Looks to me according to the criteria on the document you supplied that your shotgun is in compliance with the law. Unless there’s been a modification to the receiver and it will now take a detachable mag...you should be just fine.

However maybe @CaddmannQ can offer an opinion or a suggestion on where to find the right answer?

Looks to me according to the criteria on the document you supplied that your shotgun is in compliance with the law. Unless there’s been a modification to the receiver and it will now take a detachable mag...you should be just fine.

However maybe @CaddmannQ can offer an opinion or a suggestion on where to find the right answer?
The only modification that I made internally aside from the Mesa tactical stock is the spacer (or3gun spacer).

I would agree with cmcdonald that it looks like you are ok. Sadly, I think a future step will just be for them to declare all semi auto's as "assault weapons" and request you register them. The goal is clearly register and do all that is possible to make it miserable to own a gun. Good luck.

From what you linked above, it only has 1 feature. The pistol grip.

Stock doesn't fold or extending or have a thumbhole in it. Magazine isn't detachable. Doesn't have a vertical front grip. Or revolving cylinder.

Given the information above, it does not fit California democrat definition of assault weapon.

If you replaced the angled foregrip and put a vertical foregrip on the front of it, suddenly it would become more prone to demonic possession and will be too much gun for a mere civilian to own and be able to handle.

From what you linked above, it only has 1 feature. The pistol grip.

Stock doesn't fold or extending or have a thumbhole in it. Magazine isn't detachable. Doesn't have a vertical front grip. Or revolving cylinder.

Given the information above, it does not fit California democrat definition of assault weapon.

If you replaced the angled foregrip and put a vertical foregrip on the front of it, suddenly it would become more prone to demonic possession and will be too much gun for a mere civilian to own.
Thank you very much for your time to share your opinion, I guess my shottie is safe from communist invasion here in california, sadly I just registered my AR because I really dont want my AR to look stupid with the grip fin, fixed magazine and fixed stock. After A couple of hours that I registered, someone posted this on fb and it scares the hell out of me. My AR is fully stock internally with no modification, I just changed the stock foregrip into quadrails but still I am nervous just to think what happened to the guy that is trying to register his guns.

https://www.themaven.net/bluelivesm...-to-register-his-guns-KaYA9xPcY0eSpeNnNm6PCw/

Thank you very much for your time to share your opinion, I guess my shottie is safe from communist invasion here in california, sadly I just registered my AR because I really dont want my AR to look stupid with the grip fin, fixed magazine and fixed stock. After A couple of hours that I registered, someone posted this on fb and it scares the hell out of me. My AR is fully stock internally with no modification, I just changed the stock foregrip into quadrails but still I am nervous just to think what happened to the guy that is trying to register his guns.

https://www.themaven.net/bluelivesm...-to-register-his-guns-KaYA9xPcY0eSpeNnNm6PCw/

California is in the top 3 most communist states to be a firearm owner. They have all but butchered the constitution and the rule of law altogether.

The photo in the article that you linked is not even likely the guns they are referring to and was probably just some picture they grabbed off of the internet to use. Most of them aren't even AR15's.

I also question whether he actually had 2 silencers or if they were muzzlebrakes or faux silencers or whatever. I would be a little surprised to find out if they are actually functional. Or if they weren't "flash suppressors".

Back