• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

mossberg 935

nick935

Copper BB
Hey everyone im a new owner of a Mossberg 935. I bought it used about a week ago and took it out today to shoot it for the first time. Loaded a round clicked safety off pulled trigger and nothing. Racked the bolt back looked at the round and the primer had no mark on it. Put round back in pulled trigger and nothing. Took a closer look and it almost seems as if the bolt is not going far enough forward to hit the primer. Took gun apart and cleaned it completely submerged the firing pin assembly for bout three hours. put gun back together and tried another round with same results. Has anyone ran into this issue?

Welcome from MI!!

I've not run into this issue with my 930 but sounds like you are on the right path.

If you manually push the firing pin does it move freely? You may have a bur or something in the channel or on the pin itself that is restricting it's travel.

As for the manual unfortunately one didn't come with the gun the last owner wasn't sure what he did with it. firing pin moves free. Just at a complete loss of what to do now other than finding a gun smith to look at it

hi Nick.welcome from NY. sorry to hear about the problem.
any chance you got it from a local gun shop,,friend?
any type of warrant?

I actually got it fixed. When I bout it I stripped it down and cleaned it and put the spring in the wrong spot. That's what I get for watching a youtube video on how to field strip a Mossberg 935. Put spring it correct spot and she works like a dream.

Glad you got it worked out and that it wasn't anything serious.

I'm making a mental note of this in the event that I ever disassemble the bolt on my 930.

nick935 said:
I actually got it fixed. When I bout it I stripped it down and cleaned it and put the spring in the wrong spot. That's what I get for watching a youtube video on how to field strip a Mossberg 935. Put spring it correct spot and she works like a dream.

i thought i was the only one that watched those videos. ;)

glad you got it up and running. :D

Back