• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Customer Service Thread...

Moderators: I hope this is the place to post this; it relates to a Mossberg 500. If not, feel free to move to a more appropriate place.

I recently received a Cylinder bore (18.5") barrel for my 500E, purchased direct from Mossberg over Christmas. In looking at it carefully after installing, I noticed that the bead was definitely a little to the left of center. That is, the hole in the barrel was a little off.

I called Mossberg Customer Service. After a short explanation, the nice person on the other end of the phone told me a new barrel would be on the way, with a label to ship the old one back to them, all at no cost to me. The barrel arrived today, and the bead is perfectly centered. I'll be boxing up and sending the old barrel back.

This is what good customer service looks like. A part was a little out of spec, and they made it right, without argument and without additional cost to me. Kudos to Mossberg!

Thank for the report. It's always nice to hear good reports from our members about Mossberg.....

(ps. I moved this here. Thanks)

Bought a 930 SPX Black and desert tan on July 1st..got home and realized there was no manual, no warranty card, no lock and no stock spacers...none of it but the spacers was of much concern to me except maybe the warranty card.

One call to Mossberg customer service and the nice lady on the phone took my serial number and personal information down to complete the warranty registration and said she would have a manual and stock spacers sent to me. Expect them in 10-14 working days.

As far as I'm concerned that was a good experience with Mossbergs cS.

I called about a pistol grip and received one for free.

I called about a new .410 which broke an extractor on first shot, received a shipping label within days, and gun was back in two weeks.

And always very friendly helpful and busy people there in Eagle Pass.

Need to point out they must wait on incoming stuff before things can be outgoing, and if something is delayed coming in, how can they know for sure when it will be?

Also need to point out they are at mercy of lackluster FedEx at Eagle Pass, and they move stuff by the semi load through there, and FedEx not gonna send out a half loaded truck just because some guy in Boise wants his part soonest, unless the guy wants to pay premium shipping, of course....none of which is on the shotgun company.

For those unhappy with Mossberg who actually tries, give Remington a whirl for real fun.

I just ordered my first replacement parts for my .30-30 Mossberg the other day & so far they're treating me nice. They're sending me a free extractor under warranty with no questions asked. I ordered a couple spare extractors and a new firing pin at the same time, just to have spares and defray the cost of shipping. It wasn't much to begin with.

I was shooting a 3gun match yesterday and the extractor on my 930 JM Pro broke. Had to extract each round via fingernail.
I just got off the phone with Joe and new part is on the way.
He is super friendly and really patient.
Massive props to Joseph @ Mossberg/Maverick.
If you're curious what happens when your extractor breaks, go to 2:00 on the timeline on my youtube vid here....

Purchased patriot rifle in 243. Shoots VERY accurate. This was first experience with a mossberg rifle and it impressed. I did have slight problem with failing to feed on several rounds seemed follower on magazine was sticking and tilting. Contacted CS by email recieved several quick responses. Couple days later new magazine arrived in mail. Runs like butter now. Very happy with rifle and highly ompressed with mossberg customer service. Love American family owned business.

My JM 930 was purchased on march 4th and did nothing but jam and had a canted barrel.

I emailed Joe Zakher directly and he sent me a replacement barrel which fixed the cant but the gun still wont shoot because I cant even drop a shell in the action and it chamber.
Back to mossberg it went.
It was signed for and received on the 29th of March.

I have not heard a word since that it was received or anything other than the tracking saying it was delivered.
I sent Joe another email on April 11th at 9am just to acknowledge that it was received and asked what the estimated turn around time is.

still no response to that email.

Back