• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Customer Service Thread...

Re: Mossberg customer service sucks.

Well javier called me back in 10 minutes and advised they just got some of the barrels I was needing in stock on friday and he said he went ahead and processed my order today and that it should ship tomorrow and that I should be able to call after 4 pm central time tomorrow and get a fed ex tracking number. WE SHALL SEE! I will believe it when I get it.

I'd have to say that my only experience with Mossberg customer service was a little slow but satisfactory overall. If Edna hadn't quit in the middle of my issue, I'm sure it would have been even better. While things happened slowly, Mossberg paid for shipping both ways and pretty much returned a brand new shotgun to me. No charge. It works like a charm. I'm happy.

Just a little FYI

It seems that if you ask for a supervisor and talk to them at Mossberg that stuff actually gets done. I got nowhere at all talking to front line agents who seemed indifferent and uncaring. I kept getting the run around and attitude. I would suggest that you give them one opportunity to help you and then if you do not get satisfaction ask for a supervisor instead of letting it continue to happen. That way things get done around there instead of just "spinning the wheels". This is just my two cents.

Rossignol said:
Good idea Dan!!!

While I personally have not ever required anything in desperation due to a problem or defect with any of my Mossbergs, I do on ocassion call OFM just because of things that come up on the forum.

I always introduce myself and try to concisely detail what I need. OFM's CS has always been polite to me, though rarely are they able to help with more than transfering me. Sometimes I'll call about a part number which they can look up and give prices on, most times I need to be transfered, like to tech. There are a few CS reps that know their Mossbergs though!

Most of the one's (front line agents) I have talked to at Mossberg are like direct tv and dish network. They know nothing about the products and seem to be reading directly from a script. This is not good business practice. I once worked for BellSouth and Brinks Home Security I learned anything and everything about the products.

I've posted my experience in a couple different threads.

After about a year of trying to get my 930 SPX to run reliably, I sent it to Mossberg. They paid the freight both ways. At the time Edna was a member of the forum and worked in Mossberg CS. That personal connection was priceless, in my opinion. Once Edna left Mossberg things ground to a halt. Communication was non-existent unless I initiated it. In my experience that was Mossberg's biggest issue. Much like, tnxdshooter's experience, the front-line phone staff are relatively useless. I'm not sure what, if any, CRM system Mossberg has in place but it seems to hold precious little information. Typically, the front-line staff have to call or message technicians to get any kind of status. That's not particularly comforting when you've mailed your several hundred dollar shotgun or rifle into what appears to be a black hole. I've worked with other organizations that have a CRM system with an extranet module that allows you to track your issue's progress online. Much better!

Other than the lack of communication and information, I was happy. My 930 came back virtually a new gun. No cost - even for shipping.

Re: Re: Mossberg Customer Service Thread...

Mudinyeri said:
I've posted my experience in a couple different threads.

After about a year of trying to get my 930 SPX to run reliably, I sent it to Mossberg. They paid the freight both ways. At the time Edna was a member of the forum and worked in Mossberg CS. That personal connection was priceless, in my opinion. Once Edna left Mossberg things ground to a halt. Communication was non-existent unless I initiated it. In my experience that was Mossberg's biggest issue. Much like, tnxdshooter's experience, the front-line phone staff are relatively useless. I'm not sure what, if any, CRM system Mossberg has in place but it seems to hold precious little information. Typically, the front-line staff have to call or message technicians to get any kind of status. That's not particularly comforting when you've mailed your several hundred dollar shotgun or rifle into what appears to be a black hole. I've worked with other organizations that have a CRM system with an extranet module that allows you to track your issue's progress online. Much better!

Other than the lack of communication and information, I was happy. My 930 came back virtually a new gun. No cost - even for shipping.

I am glad that things worked out for you. It is sad I had to ask for a supervisor to get anything done. Springfield customer service has always been top notch in my dealings with them and more companies should strive to have that type of customer service.

Sent from my Droid Incredible on Verizon Wireless using Tapatalk

Well I will be damned I called Mossberg and they actually had a fedex tracking number for me. I will run it tomorrow and see what it comes up with.

Very cool. Maybe you should write or send them a polite statement, expressing your disappointment? Send an E mail, cc it to another one of your accounts. You never know, if you can find someone to address it to, you might be able to help someone else out in the future.

This thread has been brought to Mossberg's attention and I will keep you guys updated.

I am truly amazed. That really was a Fed Ex tracking number that Mossberg gave me. My 18.5" barrel should be arriving tomorrow. Funny thing is it has shipped but no money has come out of my account yet.

2nd 930 SPX Lemon

Ordered my first 930 SX it was a complete dude. Canted front sight, shell follower binding, rear ghost sight maxed out to the left, shoddy finish, and the bolt binds on the elevator.

I promptly exchanged that dud for a second one. Big mistake on my part, should have just walked away.

The second gun is fine on the sight alignment, finish is much better....BUT can only fit 4 shells in the mag tube and the bolt binds on the elevator.

No response to emails had to call finally got in touch with customer service. Shipped number 2 back on my dime and now i'm waiting the 2-3 weeks for the first round of repairs.

Video shows how the bolt is binding. Doesn't jam up every time but about once every 4-6 tries.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsTRPXwM8n0[/youtube]

This is definitely a buyer beware shotgun.

Re: 2nd 930 SX Lemon

That's odd that you had to ship it at your expense. Usually, Mossberg sends a call tag and pays the freight.

Are you referring to the 930 SPX? I've never heard of a 930 SX.

I can't watch your video at work but my 930 SPX had problems that seem similar to what you're experiencing. I sent it to Mossberg and got back a basically new gun a few weeks later. They even fixed stuff that wasn't related to the problem I was having.

Re: 2nd 930 SPX Lemon

Yeah its the 930 SPX but with a plain stock vs pistol grip.

I think they have just recently changed the naming to 930 SX??? Item# 52355
Description: MOSS 85360 930SX 12 18 8SH CB GRS MAT

This would be my fourth Mossberg shotgun, I really hate to see where their quality has ended up.

I ordered this shotty back on 9/07 at this rate it will be November before I maybe have a functioning shotgun. That's assuming they get the repairs right the first time...

tnxdshooter said:
Javier Contreras is the supervisor I spoke with if anyone needs some help.

Hmmm...the shipping label that I received today...is made out to his attention.

Anycase, when I first spoke to CS..and they told me to send it back. They never offered to send me the shipping label, I had to request it.

SoCal Choppas said:
tnxdshooter said:
Javier Contreras is the supervisor I spoke with if anyone needs some help.

Hmmm...the shipping label that I received today...is made out to his attention.

Anycase, when I first spoke to CS..and they told me to send it back. They never offered to send me the shipping label, I had to request it.

Instead of just a regular old supervisor I am beginning to wonder if he is some type of operations manager?

Hi,

I actually joined due to this thread...

I have just gotten off the phone with mossberg CS and it has been the most horrible customer service situation I have ever been presented with.

Several years ago I purchased a 500 with a pistol grip maybe a month or two ago I sold the grip and started looking for a full size stock. I bought a hogue and it came in but has no bolt. Hogue said to call mossberg so I did.

The first CS rep had no clue as to what I was talking about. I asked to speak with a manager or another CS rep. I was put on hold for 10 mins then told there was no other cs rep or manager. I said fine transfer me to your managers voicemail and I will leave a message. At that point she magically had another CS rep. Well round two this rep came on with an attitude (obviously had talked to the previous rep). I stated my case and was told it would be 10+ dollars for a part I feel the company should provide. I said fine transfer me to a manger or their voice mail she put me on hold. 10 more minutes go by and she comes back saying her asst. mngr instructed her to handle the call and to not allow me to speak to a higher up. I said fine so your not going to let me talk to a manager? She said no that is not the case I have been instructed to handle this situation... So now I'm a problem? I ask her for her name and her supervisors name (Linda and Luis respectively) I also asked for the asst. mngrs bosses name she could not provide that info and we went in circles for about 15 minutes finally I convinced her to let me talk to a manager (who all this time is supposed to not be there according to the first rep.). Again put on hold for 10 mins. She comes back on to tell me she will forward me to his voicemail. Here I am 30 mins later still waiting on hold to talk to an answering machine....

Is this normal?

Any tips or ideas?

Maybe an email to someone actually in charge over there?

Thanks for any help.

EDIT:

Well it looks like I found my answer but at this point I'm going to sell the gun and go find a Remington I guess.

Another option is to go to a hardware store and buy a 5/16" hex head bolt that's 5.5 inches long.
Note: 5/16" is the width of the bolt(the long threaded part). The hex head is 1/2" and thus requires a 1/2" socket. When you look online about Mossberg stock bolts, sometimes you see people say 5/16, sometimes you see 1/2. This is why.

You'll want one that's exactly 5.5 inches long. 5 inches is too short and 6 inches is too long. I know because I bought a variety of 5/16" bolts. Stupidly, I tried installing the 6" one, and it was too long and went into the trigger group and broke something in the back of the trigger group.

Back