• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Customer Service Thread...

I acquired a Mossberg 500A,and wanted to know when it was made and get an owners manual for it. So I went to Mossberg's website and sent in an email asking about the age,what kind of wood was used ( it needs some TLC ) and if I could get an owners manual for it. I got nothing in reply after a week or so, so I sent another email with the same request, and again it was never answered. Is this normal for the company ?

Already received an email from Mr. Zakher this morning answering my questions ! Very good to know that someone is looking out for us !

He is a good guy and has helped many members here.:)

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Any time I needed anything from Mossberg, I've ended up calling them. Last time I lost a couple of small screws from the top of my receiver and they sent them to me for free no questions asked.

A phone call is much more personal, and accountable.

A phone call is much more personal, and accountable.

I agree...but no matter how you contact them it should be handled well.

My owners manual showed up yesterday,along with basically all the accesories that would come with the gun. The lock, the dowel for reducing round count in the magazine and the manual, as well as a 2014 catalog.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Just called today for a extractor screw & trigger pin & the politely sent it for free ..... 2nd good experience. ...lets hope i keep getting lucky. ...

Hello and thank you in advance for any help you can give me, and for listening to what is a long story of my frustrating experience. I have been unhappy to say the least with the customer service I've received from Mossberg/ Maverick. I ordered an model 835 barrel over the phone back in August, being told it was in stock. A month later, hunting season already underway, nothing, so I call in. The lady says they are waiting on these barrels and they take a while. No apology needed, just a misunderstanding (although an unfortunate one)... I guess they weren't in stock and would ship soon she said. I tell her I need to know when it can ship, to determine if I am going to leave the order or cancel. She says she will call me the following Monday with an update. Never heard back. Called again a week later, same thing as last time, and I never hear back. I call in a couple weeks later... (now it's been almost 2 months) and still hasn't shipped so I politely ask for it to be cancelled and my card refunded, since my last hunting trip is days away. She says she will cancel it, no problem. 2 weeks later I receive the barrel via Fedex! Frustrating. So I reject it and have Fedex send it back. I follow up with an email and the rep (Erica) replies with my tracking number with an attitude of relaying "good news" that it was delivered to me. It became obvious she didn't read my email in the first place. I reply and say no, if you read my email it was delivered back to YOU, as shown on the tracking info. And my email clearly asked for a refund and stated I rejected the barrel because it took 2 months longer than promised. She kindly replied and apologized, saying an RMA was issued. Okay, good, and no big deal, most importantly she is addressing it. Weeks later, still no refund and no updates from them. I send an email to follow up, and still no reply. Today ( it's been another week) I send another one asking for my RMA number and her supervisor info, and I get an out of office auto reply saying "Out of the office, please contact L.Alvarado for any assistance." No contact information, no date of return. I don't know how to contact L alvarado. Besides all this, what bothered me most was the attitude from the first reps over the phone, giving me the impression that she didn't care, and did not seem to pay attention to what I was saying. "Disinterested" would be my best description. I think it was the same person each time. All this is simply unprofessional in my opinion. For a good brand of gun, what a shame to have this type of customer service. I love my Mossberg shotgun, but would be unlikely to buy another due to all this.

I am coming to this forum for advice in dealing with them and to see if this is an isolated case of bad service, or if it's a common thing. I don't want to get anyone in trouble, but Mossberg needs to hear this so they can fix the issues in general. All I want is my card refunded, and someone to promptly reply to me emails. For the record, I turned to emailing them because it leaves a written record, and because my phone calls seemed to be so ineffective with them. I am at a loss and would be grateful for advice, or supervisors I could contact. Sorry for the long post, and thank you for listening to me vent if nothing else.

Welcome to the forum sorry to hear about your problem.

I'm not saying Mossberg CS is the greatest, but they usually get things taken care of.

I have contacted someone at Mossberg on your behalf and will pass on to you any info they give me.

Last edited:
Thanks old mossy, I appreciate your help! The good news is I found a cool forum because of my issue. Like I said, I really do like Mossberg guns and if they can make this right I will continue to be a customer. I am big on customer service in my line of work, so it's a matter of principal for me. Thanks again.

Back