• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Customer Service Thread...

Re: Re: Mossberg Customer Service Thread...

$lug said:
Hi,

I actually joined due to this thread...

I have just gotten off the phone with mossberg CS and it has been the most horrible customer service situation I have ever been presented with.

Several years ago I purchased a 500 with a pistol grip maybe a month or two ago I sold the grip and started looking for a full size stock. I bought a hogue and it came in but has no bolt. Hogue said to call mossberg so I did.

The first CS rep had no clue as to what I was talking about. I asked to speak with a manager or another CS rep. I was put on hold for 10 mins then told there was no other cs rep or manager. I said fine transfer me to your managers voicemail and I will leave a message. At that point she magically had another CS rep. Well round two this rep came on with an attitude (obviously had talked to the previous rep). I stated my case and was told it would be 10+ dollars for a part I feel the company should provide. I said fine transfer me to a manger or their voice mail she put me on hold. 10 more minutes go by and she comes back saying her asst. mngr instructed her to handle the call and to not allow me to speak to a higher up. I said fine so your not going to let me talk to a manager? She said no that is not the case I have been instructed to handle this situation... So now I'm a problem? I ask her for her name and her supervisors name (Linda and Luis respectively) I also asked for the asst. mngrs bosses name she could not provide that info and we went in circles for about 15 minutes finally I convinced her to let me talk to a manager (who all this time is supposed to not be there according to the first rep.). Again put on hold for 10 mins. She comes back on to tell me she will forward me to his voicemail. Here I am 30 mins later still waiting on hold to talk to an answering machine....

Is this normal?

Any tips or ideas?

Maybe an email to someone actually in charge over there?

Thanks for any help.

EDIT:

Well it looks like I found my answer but at this point I'm going to sell the gun and go find a Remington I guess.

Another option is to go to a hardware store and buy a 5/16" hex head bolt that's 5.5 inches long.
Note: 5/16" is the width of the bolt(the long threaded part). The hex head is 1/2" and thus requires a 1/2" socket. When you look online about Mossberg stock bolts, sometimes you see people say 5/16, sometimes you see 1/2. This is why.

You'll want one that's exactly 5.5 inches long. 5 inches is too short and 6 inches is too long. I know because I bought a variety of 5/16" bolts. Stupidly, I tried installing the 6" one, and it was too long and went into the trigger group and broke something in the back of the trigger group.

Ask for javier contreras. He seems to be the only person that isnt a.dumbass that works there.
Sent with Droid Incredible using Tapatalk.

Re: Re: Mossberg Customer Service Thread...

$lug said:
Hi,

I actually joined due to this thread...

I have just gotten off the phone with mossberg CS and it has been the most horrible customer service situation I have ever been presented with.

Several years ago I purchased a 500 with a pistol grip maybe a month or two ago I sold the grip and started looking for a full size stock. I bought a hogue and it came in but has no bolt. Hogue said to call mossberg so I did.

The first CS rep had no clue as to what I was talking about. I asked to speak with a manager or another CS rep. I was put on hold for 10 mins then told there was no other cs rep or manager. I said fine transfer me to your managers voicemail and I will leave a message. At that point she magically had another CS rep. Well round two this rep came on with an attitude (obviously had talked to the previous rep). I stated my case and was told it would be 10+ dollars for a part I feel the company should provide. I said fine transfer me to a manger or their voice mail she put me on hold. 10 more minutes go by and she comes back saying her asst. mngr instructed her to handle the call and to not allow me to speak to a higher up. I said fine so your not going to let me talk to a manager? She said no that is not the case I have been instructed to handle this situation... So now I'm a problem? I ask her for her name and her supervisors name (Linda and Luis respectively) I also asked for the asst. mngrs bosses name she could not provide that info and we went in circles for about 15 minutes finally I convinced her to let me talk to a manager (who all this time is supposed to not be there according to the first rep.). Again put on hold for 10 mins. She comes back on to tell me she will forward me to his voicemail. Here I am 30 mins later still waiting on hold to talk to an answering machine....

Is this normal?

Any tips or ideas?

Maybe an email to someone actually in charge over there?

Thanks for any help.

EDIT:

Well it looks like I found my answer but at this point I'm going to sell the gun and go find a Remington I guess.

Another option is to go to a hardware store and buy a 5/16" hex head bolt that's 5.5 inches long.
Note: 5/16" is the width of the bolt(the long threaded part). The hex head is 1/2" and thus requires a 1/2" socket. When you look online about Mossberg stock bolts, sometimes you see people say 5/16, sometimes you see 1/2. This is why.

You'll want one that's exactly 5.5 inches long. 5 inches is too short and 6 inches is too long. I know because I bought a variety of 5/16" bolts. Stupidly, I tried installing the 6" one, and it was too long and went into the trigger group and broke something in the back of the trigger group.

By the way you can buy the bolt on ebay for cheap
Sent with Droid Incredible using Tapatalk.

Does Mossberg really have customer service? :?
First a phone call, leave call back number, 4 days no call back.
Second an e-mail complete with a photo describing a small issue with a new 930 combo, 3 days no response.
Mossberg's HQ is only a 15 min. drive from me, would be nice to talk to someone to see if this could be resolved. What's the secret to get a response? Are they that busy with service?
Not good business and not doing anything for my confidence in the product.

They do have one....it just takes a month of Sundays to get through.

It would be nice if they had someone at OFM on this site to take care of us here...Where's Edna when we need her? dag nabit.

The secret is to call early and stay on hold. Dont do the call back thing and forget about email.

Stay on the line and push until you have a satisfactory response.

Should it be like that? No, no it shouldnt.

Ummm....just as a side note. I don't think showing up at the company unannounced with your 930 in tow would be advisable. People may get the wrong idea....make the call. Get through. The ask them if you can drop it off. Then ask if they'd like to give you a small tour of the place for your trouble. Heh hehheh. That would be awesome!

Mossberg must've changed their shipping policy because when I contacted them recently about a non-functioning safety, they told me to mail them the gun and they'd probably have it fixed in a couple of weeks and if there was a charge for anything else (I assume parts or labor) they'd call me before doing anything.

I gave them very specific details about what is wrong and what needs replaced, but they are still unable to tell me how much it's going to cost before hand so I could go ahead and include a check for the repairs because I don't want to jack around and waste my time and money for them to call me and give me an amount later.

First off, I already know the only thing wrong with the safety is the little plastic tab that pushes on the tuning fork looking thing on the back of the trigger is broken. Probably just a 15 cent part for them.

mossberg500trigger.jpg

Realistically, the only thing I should have to mail them is the trigger assembly, but apparently they want the whole gun instead :?

And I have to flip the bill to send it to them.

Secondly, they want me to take the optic and mount off of the gun, which is also retarded because the mount has screws that replace the factory pins that goes through the trigger assembly and behind the ejector bar. The basic guts of it are just going to be flopping around during transit.

I expected that they would've been more concerned about one of their guns floating around without a functioning safety, but I guess not.

It would be cheaper for me to just buy the parts from midway and fix it myself, but from what I hear, the assemblies are pretty tough to get back together and that would lead me to a headache in itself.

I guess thanks for nothing mossberg.

Thank you for your e-mail. The part/s you are inquiring about are restricted to factory installation only. Kindly ship your complete shotgun to us for an examination. Please be sure to follow these steps when shipping your firearm into us. If there is a fee involved, we will call you directly prior to performing the service.

· MAKE ABSOLUTELY YOUR FIREARM IS UNLOADED.

· DO NOT SEND AMMUNITION WITH YOUR FIREARM.

· Remove all accessories from your firearm such as scopes, slings, swivels, mounts etc.

· Package your gun securely in a suitable shipping container; be certain parts cannot shift during shipment.

· Include in the container a clear description of the problem or service you wish us to perform, a complete return shipping address (no P.O. Boxes) and your daytime telephone number.

· Ship via your chosen carrier, prepaid (we do not accept C.O.D. shipments) and insured to:

Mossberg Service Center

1001 Industrial Blvd, Industrial Park
Eagle Pass, TX. 78853

Please record your serial number in your personal records before you ship your firearm to us. Currently our turn-around time is approximately 10 – 15 working days. Please be advised that some repairs can take longer. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-363-3555. Once again, thank you for your e-mail. We are looking forward to be of service to you.

In the past they have always sent a postage paid tag for FedEx.

Definitely a departure in past policy.

John I will see what I can do for you with this issue. Did you send it in yet?

I appreciate the offer guys.

No, I haven't sent it in, and don't think that I would the way they asked for it, although I don't mind paying to mail the trigger group, though I feel it's excessive to pay to ship the whole gun and strip the mount/scope off when the problem is only with the trigger.

It's been without a safety for a while and although I would like to have it fixed, it's not a priority for me.

I don't keep it loaded, and I don't trust mechanical safeties anyway.

I just wanted it fixed for peace of mind.

John A. said:
I appreciate the offer guys.

No, I haven't sent it in, and don't think that I would the way they asked for it, although I don't mind paying to mail the trigger group, though I feel it's excessive to pay to ship the whole gun and strip the mount/scope off when the problem is only with the trigger.

It's been without a safety for a while and although I would like to have it fixed, it's not a priority for me.

I don't keep it loaded, and I don't trust mechanical safeties anyway.

I just wanted it fixed for peace of mind.

You might be able to find a local smith that can fix it for about what it cost to ship it both ways.

Sent from Droid Incredible on Verizon Wireless

I could fix it myself, but was beside the point.

The email said it was a factory restricted repair so I know what the answer would be if I just asked them to send me the part I need.

Midway has a new trigger listed for $16 I could buy, but by the time I paid shipping and spent my time replacing the trigger, it's not really that important to me.

Like I mentioned before, the only reason I contacted the company about it is because I'm OCD about the condition of my guns. But I know not to be pointing the gun at something I don't intend to shoot anyway. Realistically, that's the only safety I really need.

John A. said:
I could fix it myself, but was beside the point.

The email said it was a factory restricted repair so I know what the answer would be if I just asked them to send me the part I need.

Midway has a new trigger listed for $16 I could buy, but by the time I paid shipping and spent my time replacing the trigger, it's not really that important to me.

Like I mentioned before, the only reason I contacted the company about it is because I'm OCD about the condition of my guns. But I know not to be pointing the gun at something I don't intend to shoot anyway. Realistically, that's the only safety I really need.

Right it is the principle of it all. I know what you mean. I myself am a man of principle.

I picked my new 930 AF yesterday afternoon. I disassembled it when i got home and found the forearm retainer was damaged. It is cracked and missing a lot of the plastic ring. There is no pieces in the forearm, so im assuming it was assembled this way. The vent rib is also mis-aligned with the top of the receiver by 1/16 inch and the barrel has a lot of play. The trigger assembly is also very loose. If this is normal I dont want anything to do with this gun. I haven't even shot it and already all these issues. I bought it based on all the reviews I read, but Ill be returning it today and getting another Beretta. Very disappointed with mossberg quality.

590-A1 51518 skewed front sight

Season's Greetings, all!

I just spoke with 'Roger' at the Mossberg customer service about the front sight on one of my 590-A1's that is not parallel to the axis of the barrel. I asked if I could return just the barrel and he said that was possible but when I asked if he could send me a postage-paid Fedex tag he asked me when I bought the shotgun. I said 'January 2011'. After a long pause he said, "You will be responsible for the shipping fee to the Maverick Arms service center."

Wish me luck.

Re: 590-A1 51518 skewed front sight

OFM has in the past paid for postage. They should do the same here in this case and if the firearm is defective, theyre fully responsible till its correct.

Re: 590-A1 51518 skewed front sight

Yeah I'm with Brad here.

They'll tell you no, but if you push the issue and work your way up the ladder to a supervisor you should end up with a pre-paid shipping label...

I'm EXTREMELY disappointed with Mossberg customer service. I purchased my 500 thinking that Mossberg was a nice American made company, and had heard nothing bad about their CS. I called at the beginning of December to order a replacement barrel, and have heard nothing from them since. When I tried to call and ask either the system hung up on me after staying on hold for 15 minutes or if I actually got to talk to a person I was told "the system is down". FINALLY get ahold of someone today and they tell me that the barrel is not scheduled to ship until the 28th! :evil: On top of that I was told it will be shipping via fedex ground, so it will take at least 4 business days. I find it EXTREMELY unacceptable to place an order and be told 7-10 days at most and the barrel will ship, only to find out that it will be over a month until it will finally be here. At this point I have no desire to ever speak or deal with Mossberg in any way ever again.

~Jenny

Well..I see a few people have no patience what so ever. It's the biggest holiday season of the year. I think they might be just a tad bit overwhelmed at this point in the year. Not to mention it does usually take 7 -10 days to ship. If the system is down what do you want a cs rep to do? They can only do so much.
It's not like they personaly can fix it....

Please have some patience people....

Back