• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Customer Service Thread...

The ending to the story
When I arrived home last night there was a small package waiting for me. The Low Comb arrived as promised.
I installed it and I heard a chorus of angles sing hallelujah. I can actually sight down the barrel.

I owe some thank you's here:
Old Mossy - You seem to have a wealth of knowledge about Mossberg, Thank You for your help.
Joe Zakher @ Mossberg - Thank You for your prompt action in this matter. You are the type of person that every company wants in their customer service department. I Thank You again. (I will be sending a personal Thank You e-mail sometime today.)

This Forum as a whole is, if not the best, it is one of the best. Everyone here seems to respect everyone else's opinions, and the humor never goes overboard. I am proud that you all have allowed me to be part of it.

The thanks goes to Joe Zaker he does what's right, especially with us here at MO.

Another A+ for Joe.

i also emailed Joe, i bought a new 500 persuader and the inside of the bore was not perfectly smooth so i sent it in for a replacement, it made me happy that he emailed me back with in minutes. hopefully i will get the new barrel soon. Thanks, Dennis

Really disappointed. I just got a brand new 590 mariner took it out of the box an the inside if the receiver is scarred up and looks like it was hit with a hammer. I called customer service and the lady was trying to convince me that that is normal. Total crap I have and owned many firearms and know what is normal, especially what NEW is like. This is is down right insulting. If this is Mossberg's idea of quality they will loose a client. We will see how this gets resolved if not acceptable then I guess I cancel my second order.

dcpxkl.jpg
another satisfied customer thanks to Joe! got my replacement barrel today.... isn't she perty :)
15dndwx.jpg

Hello, I'm a new member on this site. I was wondering does anyone know if Joe Zakher is still helping people with there customer service issues? I emailed him a little earlier today but just want to make sure he still works there atleast. I picked up a brand new Mossberg 590a1 with the 20 inch barrel and ghost ring sights and I have a problem. When I got the shotgun home, I noticed that it had what looked to be two scratches in the barrel. When I got done cleaning it, the scratches were still there but now they looked really bad, like deep scratches/gouges about 1-2 inches in length. This is a brand new shotgun, I haven't even put any rounds through it. I've emailed customer service 2 times in the past couple of days but noone has replied back to me. If Joe Zakher doesn't reply back to my email I guess I'll have to try calling them. I appreciate any help or advice you can give me in this situation, thanks.

im sure he still works there, seems like he is the only one there running the show properly. i am sure he will get to your email soon.

Yes, Mr. Zakher is still the lead tech. No telling how many emails he gets on a daily basis, so I'd give him thbenefit of doubt and have a little patience. I'm sure he'll get back with you.

As far as the barrel goes, how deep are these scratches? None of my smooth bores are smooth, they all have tool marks of some kind in the barrels...

Thanks for the welcome. I tried to take some pictures of what I'm talking about. This is the best I could do, I know they're not great pictures. I took a piece of copper wire and ran it against the scratches/gouges and it caught on them. They seem pretty deep to me.20150215_163035.jpg 20150215_163122.jpg

Those do look a lot deeper than your average tool marks.

I'd send Mr. Zakher a follow-up email with those photos. Shouldn't be an issue to get a replacement barrel sent to you...

Yeah, I'm not usually one to complain but they just looked a little to deep for my liking. I sent him a email with the pictures, so I guess I'll just wait and see if he replies.

I was ready to buy an 18.5" barrel for my 500c but I read a lot of complaints about Mossy cs & I backed off. Im gonna have to go for it I cant find a barrel anywhere.

I never got an email back from Joe. So I emailed Norma Martinez yesterday and got this back an hour later.

Thank you for your email, Mr. Stanton I sorry to hear your having issues with you brand new firearm. I will place and order for a new barrel and ship it out with a pre-paid label to have the defective barrel brought back to us.

Norma Martinez

E-mail representative

O.F. Mossberg & Sons , Inc

Authorized Service Center.

Maverick Arms Inc.

1001 Industrial Blvd.

Eagle Pass, TX 78852

Today I got a notice from Fedex that I'm getting a package from Eagle Pass, TX. Now that was some fast customer service.

Back