• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg gets caught

Anders

Copper BB
image.jpg image.jpg Have this problem the ejection will go so far up it gets caught on top of the release button on the inside. and its almost every 3 1/2inch round, and 3 inch. Sombody have the same problem and know how to fiks it?

I don't like sending guns back to their factory, but this may be a prime candidate for it.

The problem is that i live in Norway! it has been in 3 different gunsmiths who winge våpen A/S mossbergs dealer in Norway sent it to, but none of those did find anything wrong. IT works fine whit 2-3/4. Sendt Mail to mossberg and get this back: Our Technician went ahead and explained to me that this ejector on the barrel needs to be install with a machine we have here in our Service Center and being that we are in Texas you cannot ship to us from Norway . But you might want to contact a Gunsmith that might repair it for you. We do apologize

Not sure if this helps me:(

Then I am sorry, I have no further recommendations.

Maybe one of the other 935 owners may have a suggestion.

Hello Anders welcome to the forum from NY. Sorry to hear you are having a problem.

I know you already contacted Mossberg about it. We have a connection at Mossberg that has helped many members here. You might want to contact him and explain your problem. His name and contact info,,,,,

Joe Zakher
jzakher@maverickarms.com

I forgot to mention,,,,tell him you are a member of MO.

Please keep us posted.

Last edited:
I agree to contact Joe.

Explain your situation and he may be able to find a way to help...

Anders,

I feel your pain. I had that exact same problem with my 935 getting caught on its cycle in the same position as your bolt is from your pictures.

What's happening is that when the shell lifter moves up to push the new shell into the path of the bolt, the part of the shell stop assembly is spring loaded moves underneath the shell stop which then doesn't allow it to return back down; therefore, creating a locking bar effect on the system.

I fixed the problem by taking the gun apart and sanding and polishing the shell stop assembly body using (100,200,500,1000 grits and then using Flitz polishing compound).

If you remove the shell stop, which you can look up how to do on YouTube, you should be able to see where the shell lifter (the part of the shell stop has the spring behind it) is actually rubbing against the shell stop. I basically took the top corner of the shell stop off with a standard file and got it nice and polished. Clean everything off and re assemble and you shouldn't have the problem with the bolt getting caught up midway through its cycle path.

Hope that helps and if you need a better explanation, just ask.

Joe

Back