• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Introduces ZMB Series of Guns

DHonovich

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Sponsor
"Philanthropist"
PRESS RELEASE​​​​​​​FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE​                      
O.F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc.         ​​​                             ​January 17, 2012
7 Grasso Ave ~ North Haven, CT 06473​  ​                                      
203.230.5300​​​        
www.mossberg.com​​​​​​
​​
Mossberg® Introduces ZMB Series of Guns
Be Prepared for the Zombie Apocalypse or the Next Zombie Shoot at Your Local Range! 

North Haven, CT – The latest craze in the realm of shooting competitions, zombie-themed fun shoots, has a new player on the field in 2012 – the Mossberg ZMB Series including a specialty lever-action .30-30 Win rifle and 12-gauge pump-action shotguns. Initial offerings include the 464™ ZMB lever-action rifle, 500® ZMB 8-Shot pump-action shotgun and 500 Chainsaw ZMB 6-Shot pump-action shotgun. All three guns have the lime green “ZMB” logo proudly emblazoned on the receiver and boast the most highly-desired zombie-slaying features.

464 ZMB Lever-Action Rifle – Based on the time-proven, Mossberg 464 lever-action platform, this rifle has quick-adjusting, tactical-style 6-position synthetic stock; Picatinny tri-rail forend with rubber ladder rail covers; durable black oxide receiver; compact 16 ¼-inch barrel with removable A-2 style flash suppressor; adjustable 3-dot fiber optic sights; front and rear sling swivel studs; six-round total capacity; matte blued metal finishes; and drilled/tapped receiver with scope rail included.

500 ZMB 8-Shot Pump-Action Shotgun – At the core of this ZMB Series gun is the 500 Persuader®.  This 12 gauge, 3-inch pump-action has a standard full-length black synthetic stock; tactical Picatinny-compatible tri-rail forend; extended mag tube for 8-round total capacity; 20-inch cylinder bore barrel with bead sight; matte black metal finishes; drilled and tapped receiver; sling swivel studs; and handy black padded sling.  This versatile 500 platform can easily be customized for your individual needs.

500 Chainsaw ZMB Series 6-Shot Pump-Action Shotgun – This 12 gauge, 3-inch 500 Cruiser® has distinctive, chainsaw-style forend grip; ergonomic pistol grip stock and tactical tri-rail forend with integral full-length bottom rail and removable side rails.  Pistol grip and forend are molded of durable synthetic with matte black finish. Better balance and ease of maneuverability are achieved with the compact 18 ½ inch stand-off barrel with single white dot sight. Other standard features on the 500 Chainsaw ZMB include matte black metal finishes; drilled and tapped receiver; sling swivel studs; padded sling; and 6-round total capacity. Completing this full-featured package is a laser and light combo.

Be the envy of everyone at the range with a Mossberg ZMB Series gun!

Mossberg ZMB Series Gun Specifications:

ITEM

TYPE

CALIBER

TOTAL CAP

BARREL/
FINISH

TWIST
RATE

SIGHTS

OVERALL LENGTH

LOP

STOCK/FINISH

APPROX WEIGHT

MSRP

Lever-Action

.30-30 Win

16 1/4 in
Flash Suppressor
Black Oxide

1:10

Drilled/Tapped
Fiber Optic 3-Dot

32 in

10 3/4 – 14 5/8 in

6-Position Adj
Synthetic

6 1/2 lbs

$563

Pump-Action

12 ga
3 in

20 in
Cylinder Bore
Matte

N/A

Bead

41 in

14 1/2 in

Synthetic
Black

7 lbs

$447

Pump-Action

12 ga
3 in

18 1/2 in Stand-Off
Cylinder Bore
Matte

N/A

White Dot

31 in

N/A
Pistol Grip
Synthetic
Black

6 lbs

$614

ZMB trademark is used under license from ZMB Industries, LLC.

About O.F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc.
Founded in 1919, O.F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc. is the oldest family-owned firearms manufacturer in America, and is the largest pump-action shotgun manufacturer in the world. Leading the way with over 100 design and utility patents to its credit, and standing as the first ISO 9001 Certified long-gun manufacturer, Mossberg is considered to be one of the most innovative firearms manufacturers in U.S. History. For more information on commercial, special purpose, law enforcement and military shotguns, rifles and accessories, please visit their website at www.mossberg.com.  

# # #

MEDIA CONTACT
Linda Powell, Director of Media Relations
LPowell@mossberg.com
(336) 441-2923

Has anyone else stopped for a moment to look past the humor in all this 'zombie' novelty to consider the further reaching implications to lefty onlookers who don't understand this is all just a marketing ploy that's been blown way out of proportion?

I mean seriously, consider the harm this is doing to gun owners who take their rights seriously. This was humorous at best when a few brands started marketing zombie ammo, but now more manufacturers are jumping on board with 'zombie' products every day. We as a gun supporting community get that this is just a joke, but to the outside world there is now the perception of a large enough demand for specifically designed ammo, firearms, and accessories to be used on human 'zombies' that it has actually gained support from manufacturers. We have already been perceived as paranoid for for feeling the need to carry firearms to defend ourselves on a daily basis. How is this perception being changed now? Are we now paranoid delusional? This can't be helping our cause in any way.

This may belong in the 'rant' thread, but I feel it had to be said. Enough is enough already...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Has anyone else stopped for a moment to look past the humor in all this 'zombie' novelty to consider the further reaching implications to lefty onlookers who don't understand this is all just a marketing ploy that's been blown way out of proportion? <snip>

I've had that thought as well. While I do enjoy the novelty of it, being a long time gamer, I do see how it can be interpreted by outsiders/anti's that don't get the context. "Zombie" could be interpreted to mean different things to different people and not all interpretations invole the fictional undead.

I like that it is inspiring some cool products but as a whole the whole Zombie thing really does very little for PR outside of the gun community.

That said, I'm still curious to see Mossbergs lineup. :oops:

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Has anyone else stopped for a moment to look past the humor in all this 'zombie' novelty to consider the further reaching implications to lefty onlookers who don't understand this is all just a marketing ploy that's been blown way out of proportion?

Every time I see it. When the ammo came out I saw it as a big nail in the coffin and was hoping it was just a Halloween thing. If one finds it intriguing then that’s great but there need to be a distinct separation in fantasy and firearms. One is make believe, harmless, will never be, the other is very serious, very real and very deadly. Kids with dumb parents will want them, kids will paint toys to look like them, and kids will get shot. It’s like the Joe Camel of the firearms industry…..it’s cool and appealing.

I thought the Chainsaw and the tactical railed Maverick HS-12 O/U from last year were really strange contraptions :lol: that someone with a sense of humor might appreciate. But now we're seeing Zombie guns and Model 817s in .17 HMR with freekin muzzlebrakes. :?:

General Motors had ten years to develop the Chevy Volt, with millions of hours of careful research devoted to a new product. And the Volt is failing miserably.

Mossberg seems like they are rushing headlong into marketing some very odd items, largely on a whim.

Good luck selling off all that inventory, OFM.

OTOH, maybe I'm just old and cranky. :geek:

You arent just old and cranky, and fellas, yall have some good points.

I like zombie stuff. But this stuff has been on its way over the cliff for awhile, and Lazy makes a good point about the perception.

I would like to have some of the ammo, cuz I would consider it collectible. All ammo is deadly and gennerally intended to kill, to maim is not the nature of the game. Yes there are target loads, but a 230 gr. FMJ round is still deadly serious. The zombie ammo is ammo, deadly serious like the rest, but the perception is undoubtedly different, as Jenny would say, cuz you are now showing pictures of people or at least a target with the semblance of a person. We can talk ammo all day long an look at targets and never see or mention a human. Not the case with the zombie ammo and firearms.

We look at our own firearms, and some of us have called them "zombie guns", but the problem here is the marketing. A gun isnt a toy. Imagine "ok, you be the zombie, and I'll be the good guy" ... I know parenting is important too and i wouldnt place blame solely on a manufacturer here, just the backlash of perceptions.

Heck, goin back to Jenny, she wouldnt let me buy mannequins to use in video cuz they would look like people and cuz of how it may appear to people watchin. She said its significantly more macabre than the targets, and when I'm target shooting, I dont have to announce to the world its partly in practice for self defense incase I ever have to shoot another human being. (which BTW I hope I never do, I hope I am never forced by an aggressor to do so)

wow... where was I going with this? Ugh, I have to go get my 5 year old from school. Some one else, please feel free to pick it up from here.

Rossignol said:
I like zombie stuff. But this stuff has been on its way over the cliff for awhile, and Lazy makes a good point about the perception.

I would like to have some of the ammo, cuz I would consider it collectible.
Well that’s great because you are responsible intelligent human being....that can’t be said for a lot of the population…..and it can rarely be said about a 12 yo widow licker that has been a seasoned zombie killer for years…..
I just read about a guy who really put a reflex sight on his shotgun because the transition from the first person shooter to the real thing was no problem….really this is sad, pathetic, and just stupid on so many levels to me …

oli700 said:
I just read about a guy who really put a reflex sight on his shotgun because the transition from the first person shooter to the real thing was no problem….really this is sad, pathetic, and just stupid on so many levels to me …

For real? Thats ba-zonkers!

Rossignol said:
oli700 said:

For real? Thats ba-zonkers!

letmepicyou said:
I have a TruGlo red/green on my 590A1 Mariner Mossy. Being an avid FPS gamer, the sight reticule of a dot scope makes for an easy transition for me. I do speed drills with 5 targets all at varying ranges between 10 and 25 yards, and have no problem getting on target.

....shotgun world

Wow, that conversation over there has to be going well.

Theyre like flies on stink over there (some, not all) ... and will be happy to point out when you stink.

Yeah I vowed to not post there anymore after a little tiff about ported barrels a couple of days ago...I quoted our Vang thread but it was lost on the know it all's....one guy thanked me and liked the thread, I was being a little touchy too......it really makes me appreciate what we have here at MO. There are a couple real good folks there though but for the most part wannabe's that ass kiss and quote the good folks and lay in wait like buzzards for the next new guy, living from others experiences like they were their own.

Zombies Zombies and more Zombies. Its always being a fascination for me personally, just like vampires and werewolves. Theres a movie money making spin on everything, so when you see zombies, you don't see people! Instead you see the "toys" to get the job done. Example; Hornady with their Zombie Max ammo, how long do you thing it will take them to make silver tipped bullets for the werewolves at USD32 an oz its going too be expensive, or better yet wooden projectiles to deal with the pesky local vampires. Money making gold is what it is!

From the link below, kind of sums up how the gamer generation are in need of firearms like the above.

There's a larger reason that zombies are today's most popular target for therapeutic head-splosions. The role of "bad guy" isn't so easy to fill these days. It used to be there was always some ethnic group or nationality Hollywood could populate action movies with; if you grew up in the 80s, it was the Russians (Red Dawn, etc), before that, the Nazis or Japanese, before that, the "Indians."

More recently, it's Arab terrorists. But we're running out of villians. You can't fill your video game with Chinese enemies; hell, they may need to sell copies of the game there. The video game industry has had us killing Nazis for a decade, because they couldn't think of anybody else it was politically correct to slaughter in huge numbers.

And that's where zombies come in.

Read more: 5 Reasons You Secretly Want a Zombie Apocalypse | Cracked.com http://www.cracked.com/article/136_5-re ... z1r1yEW9HT

As a pre-ZMB Chainsaw owner, I'm not offended. The way I look at it (because I suspect only first-time buyers would be swayed by the zombie references) is that every gun sold to a first-time owner creates one more "fan" of the 2nd Amendment.

raven01750 said:
Welcome Doc, just curious why you chose the Chainsaw? Thanks.

Paul
I took The Missus to our LGS to see a Breacher (friends have Persuaders and Cruisers), but they also had a Chainsaw. When she held both, she felt she had better muzzle control with the Chainsaw and it put the recoil closer to her center of mass (i.e., lower).

I'm the kind of guy who, when The Missus says, "Let's buy this one for our Christmas present to each other," I say "Good choice!" I figured even if we ended up not liking the weed-eater handle, it could be swapped out later . . . .

Back