• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Owners Forum Troubleshooting...

Oh...side note.
The forum looks this way because of a glitch in the old theme....

A decision has been made.

And it makes me happy.
Just waiting on it to download.

Wooooooooo

Recent change to the layout and color scheme of the site is atrocious - please undo. It's unusable for me now.

If you can't read the text, look at the very bottom left of the screen where you have your color scheme and click default style.

@Scoop If I looked at the right software program, this is the one that will be the new layout. Far as I know, you can still do a lot of customizing it to suit you. it may take a while to download and switch over though. I'm unsure of a certain timeframe.

scroll down until you see Dimension (dark)

**edited by rip....

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone is having issues seeing the words, if you highlight the words with your cursor so you can see, on the bottom left hand side of the screen you'll see a paintbrush.
Choose DEFAULT STYLE format for the time being. That should get everyone to where you can see the colors and so the text and background colors aren't the same.

After the new software is installed, I would imagine that you would be able to go back to whatever color palette you want.

But for the time being, the colors need to be on Default Style

If anyone is having issues seeing the words, if you highlight the words with your cursor so you can see, on the bottom left hand side of the screen you'll see a paintbrush.
Choose DEFAULT STYLE format for the time being. That should get everyone to where you can see the colors and so the text and background colors aren't the same.

After the new software is installed, I would imagine that you would be able to go back to whatever color palette you want.

But for the time being, the colors need to be on Default Style
THANK YOU @John A.
That worked out just fine. Got back to a readable and recognizable display! Big sigh of relief. :giggle:
[Smilies don't display well. But that's no big deal.]

Yeah, I noticed the issue with the colors yesterday and had to figure it out on my own. I didn't know what was going on with it.

As I mentioned though, I think that is just going to be temporary until the new software comes up. Then, it's going to change the layout again.

@Jmm14534 is correct that everyone is a lurker now. I'm unsure if that is going to reset itself or not. That's above my paygrade. But "status" doesn't really mean anything around here. We all know each other and are friends so that is way down the list of things we'll need to check but until everything is switched over, it's just a waiting game.

I was also having trouble staying logged in over the weekend. Every time I left the page and came back, was signing me back out. But, I think Dhonovich and Doubletap have resolved that. I haven't noticed needing to log in every time I open the forum today.

Truth is, the site was way behind in the updates and it may take a while to iron all the wrinkles out.

@Scoop If I looked at the right software program, this is the one that will be the new layout. Far as I know, you can still do a lot of customizing it to suit you. it may take a while to download and switch over though. I'm unsure of a certain timeframe.

scroll down until you see uniform pro.

That's the correct one. not uniform...dimension pro dark.

Be clear, @ripjack13
Does that mean we will love it or that it will still stink?
This is a respectful question. I'm a bit worried.
I think you will love it. At least I hope you all do. I was playing around with them all sorting through 9 pages of forum theme demo pages last texting Dan and he agrees that this new theme is pretty cool.

Here's a direct link to the demo version.

It has a Light and dark mode up top in a bar, as well as other user-friendly options to change next to it.

Rip, I spent some time on the Xen demo. The Light Mode is definitely similar enuff to the "old" board for readability and navigation.
Very encouraging.

Encourage me some more... will all the old Mossberg forums and messages be preserved? Please say yes.

The owner is updating the forum software. There was a small glitch with the themes so if you are having issues viewing data, change to the default theme.

I do not have an ETA for update completion at this time

Still waiting on the xenforo peeps to get back to Dan.

Back