• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Patriot Rifle Youth

LAZY EYED SNIPER

Overwatch
Global Moderator
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
Patriot Rifle - Youth

Available in Walnut or Synthetic stocked versions with 3 caliber choices, Mossberg’s Bantam models are the perfect choice for youth or small-statured shooters.
Specifications:
  • Caliber - .243 WIN, .308 WIN, 7MM-08 REM
  • Capacity - 5
  • Barrel - 20" Fluted
  • Sights - None (Scoped Model) or Weaver Style Bases
  • Scope - Optional 3-9x40MM Scope
  • Twist - 1:9.5 or 1:10 (Varies by Caliber)
  • Length Of Pull - Choice of 12" or 13" Using Spacer System
  • Finish - Matte Blue
  • Stock - Synthetic Black, Muddy Girl™, Mossy Oak Break-up® Infinity™, or Walnut
  • Weight - 6.5 lb
  • Overall Length - 38.5"
Features:
  • Choice of Walnut or Synthetic Stocks
  • Choice of 3 popular Centerfire Rifle Calibers
  • Patented Lightning Bolt Action Trigger™ is user adjustable from 2 to 7 pounds
  • Button rifled 20” fluted barrels with recessed crowns ensure accuracy and durability
  • Spiral-fluted bolts with new bolt angle and knurl pattern ensure smooth, comfortable and reliable cycling.
  • Super Bantam models include an innovative spacer system that allows length of pull adjustment from 12 to 13”.
  • Also available in Muddy Girl™ or Mossy Oak Break-up® Infinity™
  • Drop-box magazine for convenient loading and unloading

I really like this. I would make for a nice compact deer blind gun.

Anyone know what the price point on this is?

Savage Axis may actually have some competition. The Ruger American has been having too many issues with junk magazines to be serious... Remington budget rifles 710/770/783 are junk as far as I'm concerned.. this could be fun to see what Mossberg puts out. A lower price on the MVP would be saaaa-weeet!

They updated their website today with MSRP listed.

Looks like these range from $386 in the basic optics ready configuration to $500 for the scoped Deer Thug model...

Savage has them beat on price unfortunately.. overall finish and feel of the gun will have an effect. Quality of optics, trigger and repeatable accuracy ever more so.. Wal-Mart will have them $349 scoped I bet

Welcome aboard.

At this point we don't have much info on aftermarket support for the Patriot line, but you can give Mossberg Sales a call and see what they have to say...

(800) 363-3555

I want to pick up one of those for my son but I have a couple questions.

1. Where in the world can I find the walnut version in either .243 or 7mm-08? It's like they don't exist. Every dealer has told me (online and local) that they haven't seen them and that none of their supplies have them.

2. I want to get a vortex scope for the rifle (crossfire II 3-9x40mm) but need to know what height rings (going with burris zee signature 1" rings). How tall are the factory installed weaver bases?

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:
I want to pick up one of those for my son but I have a couple questions.

1. Where in the world can I find the walnut version in either .243 or 7mm-08? It's like they don't exist. Every dealer has told me (online and local) that they haven't seen them and that none of their supplies have them.

2. I want to get a vortex scope for the rifle (crossfire II 3-9x40mm) but need to know what height rings (going with burris zee signature 1" rings). How tall are the factory installed weaver bases?

Thanks for any help!

Welcome aboard.

Being that these rifles are relatively new to the market, the chamberings you're looking for simply may not have hit retail yet. You might reach out to our contact at Mossberg to see if he has any info to share...

Joseph Zakher
jzakher@maverickarms.com

Mr. Zakher is a friend of the forum and should be able to help...

Bought the black-on-black scoped version for my son. Anybody know who makes the scope that came on it? Not sure why they didn't include MilDots, but it is what it is I guess.

One more question, has anybody put ButlerCreek flip-open scope covers onto the stock 3x9x40 scope? If so, what size did you buy?

I fancy one of these in 308W as a compact walk about deer rifle and a cast bullet plinker. I am a big guy 6'3" but I love my Ruger American Compact 223 which is about the same size as these. The mags on the Rugers work well enough, but don't inspire a lot of confidence for the long term. I was considering buying one and getting two or three spare mags. I really like the mags on my 338WM Patriot Walnut. My Patriot is very new, only a few shots through it so far, if it meets my requirements I might just buy one of these.

Back