• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg special purpose sling mounts?

How's it going motivators? I've been trying to find the correct mounts for my mossberg 500 special purpose with the breacher tip 18.5 inch barrel. I have now bought two different sets that do not work with my shotgun and thought I would ask the professionals(you guys lol) before I waste even more money. I posted pictures of the cap/screw that holds the barrel on to give you guys a better idea. Sorry about the picture as it was the only way I was able to reduce the file size on my iPad to get the pictures to work with this post. I used the search function but couldn't find the answer and I apologize if its on here and I overlooked it. All i need pretty much is the front mount as my new stock has a rear mount. Thanks for taking the time to help me out.

P.s. I just got a new stock and I'm selling the ati top folding stock and grip(exact one pictured) with the shell holder attachment for best offer. Message me with questions etc.
o
Thanks again! Oorah!
-Josh

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 1,008
Welcome to Mossberg Owners!

The cap should have a threaded hole in it. While its a 500 its one of OFM biggest anomalies. The magazine tube and barrel configuration is actually that of a 590...

What some folks have done is to call OFM (which could be a chore in itself) and let them know you didn't receive a sling mount for the front. They have on ocassion sent the threaded stud.

I wish I could tell you the thread size and all, but I honestly don't know. What I can tell you is that if you find yourself lookin to buy another stud, look for one for the 590.

There are some other options too, such as caps with a swivel built into it. Or frontsling plates that mount between the magazine cap and barrel lug.

First let me say, Wow! I'm blown away by the kindness and such great information you guys just provided me with. Second let me say thanks for what me said wow. It makes sense about it having both the 590/500 design. Makes complete sense why I was being stumped. I just got on amazon and found the correct mount. Thanks again and thanks for being so welcoming as I was kind of hesitant at first. It seems a lot forums I have asked questions on I either get my head ripped off for asking a question or I'm totally ignored. Looks like ill be hanging around this forum for awhile. Take it easy ladies and gents.

You're welcome Doc.

Glad to see you noticed we do things differently around here. We pride ourselves on running a tight ship, but one that is built on open dialogue and free from the testosterone feuled one-upsmanship that is far too prevalent throughout the interwebz. Spend as much time as you like reading through the forums and please do not hesitate to ask any questions. Stop by the new members section when you get a chance and introduce yourself to the crowd...

I picked up a Viking Tactics MK2 2 point sling for my Remmy 700. First impressions are that it is a very nice, well made sling. I got it in Multi-Cam.
It is very long, but I managed to get the sling shortened without cutting any off.
Will post up pics when the weather gets nicer.

tcecil88 said:
I picked up a Viking Tactics MK2 2 point sling for my Remmy 700. First impressions are that it is a very nice, well made sling. I got it in Multi-Cam.
It is very long, but I managed to get the sling shortened without cutting any off.
Will post up pics when the weather gets nicer.

I have been wanting to get a sling for my 590 A1 Black Water. But I was not sure what to get. The MK2 sling looks like something I would like. Thank you.

Your welcome. I think it will work better on a shotgun because the distance between the sling studs is typically greater than on a rifle. It took some doing to get it short enough to use properly without cutting any off.

Found this GG&G #1428ST front mount. They say it has a limited degree of swivel to keep the sling from acquiring a twist, which is good. I assume the swivel loop will lay down, also. The GG&G front sling mount I have now has no swivel, just a square plate with a sling slot. Works great, love it. However, when I slide my weapon into my scabbard, the sling mount really scrubs down the inner wall of the scabbard since it protrudes out about an inch-yikes, bad ju-ju! Can't be good for the inner lining. So, I remove it when I am going to carry my scabbard. Does anyone know for sure if the loop lays down? How far does it stick out? With the rounded tip, what do ya'll think?
232323232%7Ffp54389%3Enu%3D45%3C%3A%3E664%3E%3B34%3EWSNRCG%3D3643825%3B3734%3Bnu0mrj

Hello Mossberg Owners,

I'm new to the forum and a newly Mossberg owner. I have the 500 crusier series, 18.5 barrel w/ door breacher and pistol grip. Still trying to decide what I'm going to do to it. I do know I want a sling for it. I was reading through the other posts and there was some very good information that was listed. My question is, should I be looking for different attachments since I have the grip? As I stated before I'm a rookie at this,but I do know it already has a stud for the swivel on the grip and the cap that holds the barrel on has a pre drilled hole for another stud. The confusing part is I've seen pics of shotguns with the sling just attached to that one stud on the grip. So I guess I'm asking do I even need to worry about the front?

Sorry so long but wanted to explain everything. Any info or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Welcome aboard Doc!

Sorry to say, but like Rossignol mentioned Mossberg threw you a curveball with your 500. The breacher models use a 590/835 mag tube and cap combo, so that's why you're having issues finding a sling mount that works. For my money, it's GG&G all the way...

GG&G Tactical: Mossberg 590 Front And Rear Sling Attachments

also...

GG&G Tactical: Mossberg 590 Front & Rear Looped Sling Attachments

Ditto, that's what I did with my 930 with the mag extension

dogg said:
Hello Mossberg Owners,

I'm new to the forum and a newly Mossberg owner. I have the 500 crusier series, 18.5 barrel w/ door breacher and pistol grip. Still trying to decide what I'm going to do to it. I do know I want a sling for it. I was reading through the other posts and there was some very good information that was listed. My question is, should I be looking for different attachments since I have the grip? As I stated before I'm a rookie at this,but I do know it already has a stud for the swivel on the grip and the cap that holds the barrel on has a pre drilled hole for another stud. The confusing part is I've seen pics of shotguns with the sling just attached to that one stud on the grip. So I guess I'm asking do I even need to worry about the front?

Sorry so long but wanted to explain everything. Any info or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

hi sir and welcome!

to answer your query, it all depends if u want to attach a 2 point or a 1 point sling in it...

if your going for a one point sling, your stud near the grip is enough, just add a grovetec or uncle mikes swivel...

if your going for a two point sling, add the other grovetec or uncle mikes swivel (i understand these are sold only on pairs) up front at the said predrilled hole, just make sure you have another stud where you will be attaching the other swivel in...as i understand and assuming your at the US (im from the Philippines by the way), you can request this at mossberg and they will send u another stud (i think you need to tell them you didnt have the little brown envelope that holds the other stud when you bought it) or as here in country's case, we can buy that stud at our local gunstores...

there are a lot of slings u can choose from, so since that is a matter of personal preference, i leave you to choose on what sling you may want to set it up....

hope everything i said here helps...:)

Back