• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Tactical .22 715T- New owners area...

Re: Planning on buying a .22 Tactical........do I need to si

toyracer38 said:
Welcome to the ithaca Family Ninja! I own both the 500 and the Tac22. Like any tool, you just need to learn the basic maintenance. Looks like you fly planes, so I'm sure you must do pre flight inspections, so I'm sure you will have no problems understanding sighting in and the maintenance of your firearms.

There are only two adjustments that you need to adjust on the Tac22 when sighting it in. Basically speaking, a wheel that adjusts up and down and a knob that adjusts left and right. No need to worry about messing up the operation of the rifle by adjusting these, they only affect the accuracy. Pretty basic stuff here, just aim at a target and take a shot. I use a spotting scope, but a good pair of binoculars also works to see where the shot hit. If the shot hit high, just raise the rear sight with it's adjustment wheel. If it hit left of the bullseye, just turn the knob so the rear sight moves left. Keep taking shots and making adjustments until you are pounding the bullseye.

Hope this helps you, and like bello said about tear down videos for the Tac22 on Youtube, you can also find info about sighting in a rifle there. Happy shooting!

To the OP, better read the manual that comes with the gun. You move the rear sight the direction you want to move the point of impact. What was described above is the direct opposite and will lead you off the paper.

Out of the box, you will probably hit the target, but if you want to hit the middle of the target you will need to make adjustments

Also, isn't this the M-o-s-s-b-e-r-g Family?

edit.....why does it default to ithaca when I type m-o-s-s-b-e-r-g without the dashes?

^ Yeah, the April Fools 'search and replace' macro strikes again...

Your right Jim, my bad, good catch!

What the heck is "ithaca"?

...as in Ithaca Owners, one of our sister sites...

New flat top question.

Hello everyone, just got a nib Tactical 22 flat top model. Is there suppose to be removeable sights on this model? When I got home I expected them to be in the box but they were not. I have seen photos of the flat top and they picture it with sights. Is this something I should contact Mossberg about or what? I did not ask the dealer I purchased it from at the local gunshow thinking they would be in the box.
He is from out of town so can't get an answer from him.
Thanks

Re: New flat top question.

While I know nothin about the Tac .22's, I've looked at OFM's site and cant find any model that doesnt include the carry handle rear site.

Each model;

... Adj. rear/frt. Post ...

They each read like this one;

37204.jpg

Just picked up a NIB flat top version tonight. It did not include any sites, and the box says "no sights". It's model 37229.

I find that strange given each model shown includes sights. Weird. OFM is weird...

Yeah, doesn't bother me, I've not read good things about the factory sights. While I shudder at the thought of sticking something like an Eotech on the top, I don't have a problem adding a decent set of iron sights.

New flat top question.

The carry handle ones are pretty low quality. The irons that came on my flat top arent bad, removable, metal. Decent feeling adjustments.

Re: New Gun Smell-pt.2: 37209 TAC-22 Flat Top!

Bobster
you posted your using HP hollow points.....switch to pointed nosed 22 lr's they feed way better . the feed ramp is a little to low and hollow points with the flat nose and slightly shorter bullets as the whinchester hp's your using, have difficutly getting into battery, I tried them and the reciever was full of lead shards being shaved off the hp noses
the mag that only loads 11 bullets is because the mag goes from a straight plinksters mag to a curved polymere housing. this transition from straight to curved is where the mag hangs
I took the mag apart and sanded the sharp edges of the red follower (last round bolt hold open) so it makes the transition easier from the straight part to the curved section of the mag

I also found the stovepipes are also mag related, if the front mag feed lips are too wide the bullet nose is a little too loose and can pitch upwards interfering with the ejection of the spent shell. you can lightly bend the lips to get a better feed or just return the mag for a better one.
the mag I had jammed every 2-3 rounds I did adjust till it was right but I did also buy 2 more 25rd mags one worked flawless the other stove piped every 2-3 rounds I took it back for exchange and the replacement mag worked fine

New Gun Smell-pt.2: 37209 TAC-22 Flat Top!

I find the bulk federal hp's are a lot more feed friendly looking than the winchester's. Higher quality overall.

Then again, I haven't really had an abnormal amount of feed issues with the Winchester bulk stuff either.

Re: New Gun Smell-pt.2: 37209 TAC-22 Flat Top!

I was also having trouble with lead shards from the Winchester HP's. I used about 200 rounds and couldn't take it any more, so I switched to the CCI tactical 40 grains, and they are the best ammo I have shot.

New Gun Smell-pt.2: 37209 TAC-22 Flat Top!

CCI is bar none the best rimfire ammo I've used also. Super high quality compared to mostly everything else.

715t rail width?

Hello everyone, I've just purchased a non flat-top 715t the other day, and have been looking at scopes and accessories for it while waiting thru the 14-day waiting period here in CT :| . My first purchase will most likely be a 3-9x scope so I can shoot further and adjust the iron sights more accurately without buying a spotting scope. However, I don't know what size the top rail is on the 715. Is it a standard picatinny rail? or is it a different size?

Re: 715t rail width?

Thanks a lot jimmy. Is there any recommendations on scope brands here? Until this purchase, nearly all of my experience has been on Anschutz precision .22's, so I've never looked into purchasing one before

New flat top question.

Mine came with the sites but I had a 37209 pn. Might have to check yours to avoid being shorted.

Best for varmints?

I've decided to get a mossberg tactical .22 as my next varmint gun/ plinker. Which version do you guys think would be the best for varminting between the flat top and the integrated carry handle sights? Also is a light/laser necessary for night time varmints? Thanks.

Back