• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Tactical .22 715T- New owners area...

Re: New 715T owner with a couple of questions.

Welcome aboard and congrats on the new 715t!

The only thing I'd recommend before firing is a field strip and a good cleaning. Mossberg tends to over-lube their firearms prior to leaving the factory and too much oil/preservative could gunk up the action. Here's a thread with a video on disassembly for reference...

Mossberg Tactical .22 Autoloader Disassembly

As far as ammo goes, CCI Mini Mags or even Stingers are your best bet for break-in. CCI ammo is a bit hotter and much more reliable than most of the cheaper bulk stuff. Running CCI for the first 100-200 rounds will help break in the action and make feeding it cheaper bulk ammo a lot easier down the road. Again, congrats and let us know if you have any other questions along the way...

Thanks LAZY EYED SNIPER. Yikes! I just bought it and you want me to take it all apart? :shock: Well if that is what I should do and I'm going to have to do it eventually I will do it. i checked out the video link you posted and it looks pretty straight forward. Thanks for your help and the ammo suggestion also.

PS. What should I do if I have parts left over LOL.

No problem,

Leftover parts? I'd hang on to 'em just in case they turn out to be important... :D

Just letting you know

FINALLY got to shoot my new 715t! I was a little worried when I read some posts about problems with the gun. After breaking down the gun for a full cleaning before shooting I had NO problems at all! 25 rounds as fast as I can pull the trigger, no feed issues, just great smooth shooting!! Went through about 350 rds of Fed. 36 grain hollow point. I paid $229 at my LGS and would recommend that for the $, you can't do much better :) I kinda do wish I got a Flat top though, don't care too much for the carry handle peep sights. I'll have a red dot on her soon so it won't matter :) Thanks guys

Re: Just letting you know

That's great!

Good to see she's runnin well for ya. A little cleaning and prep work before heading to the range goes a long way...

the first time i sent mine back to mossberg, i asked to have it converted(shell only) during one of my phone converstations. i offered to pay for the new shell. i was told they don't offer that as a part or accessory. i stated basically the same reasons as you. the peeps were horrible and with the rear maxed out i was still shooting about 8" low at 30ish yards. the sight still had adjustment, but if i moved it any more, the carry handle would block the peep. I included a note with all the issues i was having, including wanting to convert to the flat top. it came back to me with the flat top shell. it is much better and those sites are much higher quality.

just something to keep in mind sould any problems develop.

taking it apart is easy...only part i found hard was getting the spring back in...and trying to figure out what the buffer piece was for. but then it was straight forward. just remember how everything fits

Thanks for the info Speedy, thats exactly the prob I was having with the sights. It was shooting low and I had my sight raised as far as I could and still see through the peep. It's nice to know that Mossburg will give me a flat top shell if sent back. About how long did the process take for you to get your gun back after sending it in?? Just curious. Thanks again

Good luck w/ the push pins in the receiver!! You might have to beat the heck out of them to get them out but don't worry, you won't break anything :) Did you get the flat top or the carry handle model?

Ouestion about my new 715T

i purchased a 715T Saturday. I noticed on some youtube videos that the 715's came with an adjustible stock. My gun does not have the adjustment lever on the stock. I looked on the Mossberg website and it shows the 715T with a fixed stock. Does anyone know when they made this change? It's not a big deal but I was just wondering.

Re: Ouestion about my new 715T

It's not really a change that they made, but rather a different model that's produced for sale in states that do not allow adjustable stocks on rifles...

colts78 said:
Good luck w/ the push pins in the receiver!! You might have to beat the heck out of them to get them out but don't worry, you won't break anything :) Did you get the flat top or the carry handle model?

I bought the carry handle model. Being a noob I was unaware that it did not come with the adjustible stock. I have been told by others on the forum that is because I live in Ohio.

dlancer407 said:
colts78 said:

I bought the carry handle model. Being a noob I was unaware that it did not come with the adjustible stock. I have been told by others on the forum that is because I live in Ohio.
I got the carry handle version for Christmas and it has adjustable stock
But I live in Alabama not Ohio

Hey all,

I picked my flat top version up late last week and haven't had it out to shoot yet, but hoping to go this week-end. I did tear it down and cleaned/lubed as needed. It did have a little bit of rattle in the ATI collapsible stock and the 25 round magazine. Two strips of tape down the top of the inside of the stock cured that problem. On the mag, I simply stuck on a small piece of weather stripping on the flat, top surface and it seems to work just fine, no rattle anyway. I'll make sure it feeds OK when I get it out finally.

Anyway, it's a pretty cool rifle for the money :)

I put a small piece of fuzzy side velcro on both flat spots on the top of my 25-round magazine, then installed the mag into the rifle for a few days to let it settle in, seems to do the trick, nice and tight feel now!

Merry Christmas to me!! Got my new 715T and few goodies to go with it. Took it out right away and it was spot on out the box. Love it so far. 25 rd mag would not take a full load of Federal Champion 40 gr rounds but Winchester Wildcat 40 gr went full on. Bout to go put some rounds downrange now in the backyard range.

Attachments

• DSCF0078.JPG
    DSCF0078.JPG
    244.6 KB · Views: 1,514
Back