• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Tactical .22 715T- Optics

Re: Mag question and acc. suggestions?

I've seen the pic's, lots of nice paint jobs etc... I'm looking for the best optics/scope for the kids. as well as for my AR. but who knows. I just don't want to have to resight it after every outing or hunt. Yes we hunt squirrls with .22's its easier on your teeth. lol. Glad to be here I'm currently on hold for the next 48 min's with Mossberg...I'll let you know how it goes... They do have them but the price is up a bit. I paid 24.99 for mine and they want 29.99 and then $10 S&H.

As far as scopes I don't know between a NcStar or a Katawba? anyone have any info on either? as well as 3x9 or 4x32?

No experience with Katawba, but I've got a few NCStar units that have held up well on my big bores. I've got a Simmons 22 MAG 3-9x32 mounted on my Remy 597...

It's a damn good little scope for under $50...

Simmons 22 MAG 3-9X32 Rimfire

Re: Frustrated over optic mounting....

pathfinder2 said:
Heres some pics of my Tactical .22 - Love the gun, the only thing I dislike is the damn magazine and its capacity.

Resampled_2012-08-16_23-37-11_909.jpg

Resampled_2012-08-16_23-36-54_111.jpg

What is the scope on your gun?

How about the Armasight ORION 4X Gen 1+ Night Vision Rifle Scope ?

TruGlo for the 715T Flat Top

Greetings,

While there are dozens of .22 scopes available, I don't see the need for anything over 4x or a variable on a .22 with a 16.25" barrel. Even 4x can be a little too much in close quarters for me anyway. Then again it's all about the purpose of the weapon.

Just for fun plinking and target shooting I found the TruGlo 2x42mm Red Dot Scope a perfect match on the 715T Flat Top. It has a 42mm objective which is easy on the eyes, mounts low on the receiver thus is closer to the bore centerline for a flatter bullet trajectory and still provides an excellent sight picture. It also has a yellow filter on the see-thru flip-up covers for low light conditions. Add in 2x power and you'll get bored hitting the target every time!

My model is the TG8030B2 http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11947930&kw=tg8030b2&origkw=tg8030b2 which only has a red dot. The latest model TG8030MB2 http://www.opticsplanet.com/truglo-42mm-dual-color-multi-reticle-red-dot-sights-tg8030mb2.html adds four reticles and red or green illumination.

And besides...It looks great! Regards

Attachments

• truglo03.jpg
    truglo03.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 1,209
  • truglo02.jpg
    truglo02.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 1,207
  • truglo01.jpg
    truglo01.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 1,207
Just ordered a scope that I used to have. I loved that scope, but I sold the thing not thinking I would need or want it ever again. So, hopefully it will be in in the next couple of days, and I can go out and zero it in. It is a UTG Golden Image 4x20. It's really nice since t has a hollow mount and the irons can still be used with it. A huge must have for me.

I can't stand it, I really want to post up some pics, I'm in the middle of my paint job, I just got my laser sight mounted, put a knife sheath on the stock, got my foregrip, I got goodies all over, but the site here won't let me post images... Very frustrating.

Thanks, that should have been much more obvious... Host it, then implant it. I got a few images up on the show off thread. I am loving this rifle so far. I bet you would never guess what ammo mine will eat... It is probably the last thing you would expect.

Re: TruGlo for the 715T Flat Top

Hooplahpro said:
Greetings,

While there are dozens of .22 scopes available, I don't see the need for anything over 4x or a variable on a .22 with a 16.25" barrel. Even 4x can be a little too much in close quarters for me anyway. Then again it's all about the purpose of the weapon.

Just for fun plinking and target shooting I found the TruGlo 2x42mm Red Dot Scope a perfect match on the 715T Flat Top. It has a 42mm objective which is easy on the eyes, mounts low on the receiver thus is closer to the bore centerline for a flatter bullet trajectory and still provides an excellent sight picture. It also has a yellow filter on the see-thru flip-up covers for low light conditions. Add in 2x power and you'll get bored hitting the target every time!

My model is the TG8030B2 http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11947930&kw=tg8030b2&origkw=tg8030b2 which only has a red dot. The latest model TG8030MB2 http://www.opticsplanet.com/truglo-42mm-dual-color-multi-reticle-red-dot-sights-tg8030mb2.html adds four reticles and red or green illumination.

And besides...It looks great! Regards

I have the same scope on my FlatTop. Love it.

Re: TruGlo for the 715T Flat Top

Hooplahpro said:
Greetings,

While there are dozens of .22 scopes available, I don't see the need for anything over 4x or a variable on a .22 with a 16.25" barrel. Even 4x can be a little too much in close quarters for me anyway.

Just food for thought, I tend to use 3-9's on my .22's.

I do not use a spotting scope and having the ability to zoom in makes it nice.

Hooplahpro said:
Then again it's all about the purpose of the weapon.

Ultimately this is the answer!! Let the mission drive the gear.

I am looking to add some back-up iron sights to my 715T as it was the model without sights and a carry handle. I have a cheap walmart red dot on it, but was to add the magul flip-ups. Does anyone know if the magpul will alight with a red dot that sits about 1- 1 1/2" above the rail?

It's possible, but you'd be cutting it close at the higher end of your estimate.

Line of sight through the peep on the rear MBUS is at 1-3/8"...

Good deal,

The benefit is that at least you'll be able to use the irons effectively without removing the optic if it fails or the battery dies...

Add a half inch riser under the red dot, and it will work up better for the buis. You may even find it more comfortable.... Or find it the most uncomfortable setup ever... It's all shooter specific.

Back