• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Tactical .22 715T- Optics

I could not get the red dot to lineup with the magpul flip ups on my flattop and just put a halo sight on it the flip ups line up fine with it. Put 50 rounds through it yesterday was blowing the center out the target at 30 yrds.

I've only brought my 715T (carry handle) out a couple of times so far, but now that I have my scope dialed-in, I'm wondering if I'll have to recalibrate it after removing the rail assembly from the carry-handle when I tear it down and clean it. I don't mind minor adjustments, but I'd rather not have to waste time and ammo recalibrating it after every cleaning. Will it hold its zero?

Thanks,
~DarthJim

Since you're completely removing the optic and mounts, it likely won't hold zero.

However, if you're able to reattach the mounts in the same position you should only have to deal with a few fine adjustments...

Pagan said:
Hey All,
Have the carry handle version and mounted an NcStar 2-6 power. With the elevation maxed out I'm still striking the target 5" low at 50yds. Any suggestions? Is it possible to raise the rear of scope? Seems like somebody already asked this question in a previous post but I didn't see an answer. Thanks in advance.
NCStar.jpg

Mine has mirrors in it so if i want to rase the rear i actually had to rase the front it was weird.

I put some double sided tape under the scope on the front ring that actually raised the rear.

You dont want to turn those adjustments to much if you do they can then get bumped eash and go out of adjustment. The one i got was a tasco from walmart for $40. maybe yours is better and doesnt have that problem?

I would rather leave the scope centered how it comes from the factory and set it up mechanicly on the gun so you just have to fine tune it with a few clicks left or right/up or down.

Hi, I'm new here. Recently bought the 715T carry handle version and mounted the NcStar 1X45 T-Style Red Dot Sight. Angle is too much and cannot zero. Any suggestions on a fix or a scope that I wont have the same problem?

Attachments

• 715t.JPG
    715t.JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 540
Welcome aboard.

Try running a shim under the rear end of the carry handle rail. This will produce a forward cant and help put the optic in line with your bore axis. A small washer or a thin piece of rubber should do the trick...

If it was on a flat top model and he had a co-witness with his iron sights, then he could have used the irons to sight the red dot. This is only possible if the line of sight through your iron sights runs through the center of your red dot...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
If it was on a flat top model and he had a co-witness with his iron sights, then he could have used the irons to sight the red dot. This is only possible if the line of sight through your iron sights runs through the center of your red dot...

Yes, he was talking about a co-witness. So, why would someone do that?

I run EOTechs on my ARs.

They are set up to co-witness with the flip up back-up sights. When looking through the rear sight, I can see the front sight through the red dot. When using the red dot my back-up sights are folded down. If the battery ever dies on the red dot while in use, simply flipping up the back-up sights will get me back on target without having to change the battery or remove the optic. Also, if you have your iron sights dialed in it makes sighting in the red dot a lot easier...

Finally put the scope on, flattop 715T with 1" riser. Two questions:

1. It is okay if the riser is paced over twp sections? Meanig, half on the flattop and half on the barrel? The eye relief is better that way.

2. I can't laser boresight it. I max out right and up and never get it boresighted. That is like at 20 feet, maybe I need to go longer? Maybe it is because of the riser? What can I do?

Good information here! I don't know if my MBUS (Magpul Back-Up Sites) will get me dialed in or not. Ill need some range time to mess with them.

Can someone tell me why my EOTech clone is showing double crosshairs..????

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368411237.478769.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368411237.478769.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 357
Gunowner99 said:
Finally put the scope on, flattop 715T with 1" riser. Two questions:

1. It is okay if the riser is paced over twp sections? Meanig, half on the flattop and half on the barrel? The eye relief is better that way.

2. I can't laser boresight it. I max out right and up and never get it boresighted. That is like at 20 feet, maybe I need to go longer? Maybe it is because of the riser? What can I do?

Thoughts on this?

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Is it always like that?

Does it get better if you adjust the brightness?

It gets worse the brighter it is...and yes it's always like this. Now I do know I have terrible vision. But as u can tell and iPhone shouldn't show the double crosshairs either.

Sorry to say, but it looks like it's defective.

Shouldn't be doing that under any brightness setting...

Back