• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Tactical .22 715T- Paint Jobs

Has anyone tried to paint the "mossburg" letters on the lower. I know that it's not etched or engraved so its hardest to do then from the YouTube videos u see on "real" guns lol but it anyone has tried this let me know what materials to use. Thanks. I want the lets to be white.

image.jpg

image-2.jpg

image-5.jpg

image-7.jpg

image-10.jpg

image-8.jpg

image-6.jpg

image-4.jpg

Finaly painted it...what do you guys think?

That's pretty cool. Don't see to many taking the glossy route these days.

MikeD said:

Thanks guys..
And yea i think since what i do for a living,glossy was more apropriate for me.
Iv shown afew people that come by my shop,and they seem to like it.

Thanks for the good reviews guys.

Bpr-1 said:
MikeD said:

Thanks guys..

Very sick dude...love the emerald green (if thats what it is). Def my favorite color. Makes me wanna do mine but wouldn't have the slightest idea where to begin. glossy or flat? tan?black?green?white? classic or digital breakup? too many choices, too few 715t's in my possesion lol

Not bad at all. I recommend a coat of matte clear to finish it off. Clearcoat will add some amount of protection to the paint and gives a professional feel in your hands.

What did you do for prep? And what type of paint did you use?

no real prep just bought the kit from Bass Pro i have not painted the 10rd magazine extender yet. waiting for it to warm back up i will have to get some clear coat also.

stickyricky3 said:
Bpr-1 said:
MikeD said:

Thanks guys..

Very sick dude...love the emerald green (if thats what it is). Def my favorite color. Makes me wanna do mine but wouldn't have the slightest idea where to begin. glossy or flat? tan?black?green?white? classic or digital breakup? too many choices, too few 715t's in my possesion lol

Thanks..its actualy a lambo color thats on my truck.verde metallic i think is the name. It looks exatly like emerald green,which was the color of my truck before.
I knew i wanted it glossy from the start.i just had no idea what i was going to do to it.
I had clear left over from a car i was painting at work one day,and i had the gun apart for cleaning.so i said screw it,get to it! Lol
And thats what came out of it.lol

Anyone have any chipping issue's spraying their 715T with rattle can paint? (plastic specific).

I have a top handle 715T Id like to add some arctic or desert color to it.

Overtrained said:
Anyone have any chipping issue's spraying their 715T with rattle can paint? (plastic specific).

I have a top handle 715T Id like to add some arctic or desert color to it.
Yep... Actually wish I wouldn't have ever painted it that way now. Use duracoat if you're going to paint it at least.

Back