• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Tactical .22 715T- Replacement/Spare Parts

Re: Mossberg 715t replacement parts?

Your best bet is to call the Mossberg sales department directly...

(800) 363-3555

We've had at least one member that I know of that received a replacement flat-top shell for their carry handle model...

Just curious if you was able to find a flat top shell? I called mossberg and they told me you couldn't get just the shell. I have the 715t with carry handle and would also like to have the flat top shell.

Nobody has been able to purchase a flat-top shell since Mossberg does not distribute or sell them separate from the firearm.

That being said, we have had a member who sent their 715T in for repair and Mossberg upgraded their carry handle shell to a flat-top version free of charge...

Good evening. I'm new to this forum and I'm not sure if I have selected the proper thread to post this question. I am interested in purchasing a 715T. I like the carry handle model, but do not like the fore-end included with it. I prefer the fore-end from the flat top model. I've watched a video of a 715T carry handle model being dis-assembled, and saw that the fore-end is actually two pieces. Is the fore-end on the flat-top model made of two pieces, and is there a way to purchase the flat-top fore-end, or an aftermarket replacement? I appreciate your time.

Welcome aboard!

Right now it's just one version or the other and Mossberg does not sell the shells or forend sections separately. However, several manufacturers offer removeable, picatinny mounted carry handles. Seems it would be much easier to purchase the flat-top 715T and add your choice of aftermarket carry handles. This would give you the configuration you're looking for and you'd have more options if you decide to add an optic at some point down the road...

I never thought about it that way. I'd just been focused on the fore-end. Thanks for the different perspective. My brother in law purchased the flat-top model with the Barska red dot scope last week. I had one in my hand, but decided to wait until I found out about the fore-end. Can't wait to put a few hundred rounds down range, get her sighted in, then we're out to bag coyotes.

Figuring desert-camo with a bipod to get things started. Now if I can just get the wife to stop saying that I spend a lot of time trying to "accessorize" the gun I'll be all set.

i'm the one that had the carry handle converted to a flat top while it was in for repairs. i was told on the phone that the conversion was absolutely not a possibility as i had offered to pay for the shell. i wanted to convert due to sighting issues with the carry handle coming into view and blocking the front sight. when i returned it, i included all of my issues, including the inability to sight it, in the letter i included. i also returned a second magazine that i had purchased at another local guns store. when it finally returned, it was the flat top shell, with my 2 original magazines and a third new magazine with a new lock as well.

help with replacement part on new mossberg 715t

Hello,
i have just bought my first rifle and it is a new mossberg 715t carry handle model. I was hoping to get a flat top but here in illinois with the talks of bans everything is selling out fast.I came along this new carry handle model at a small local shop and didnt want to lose it, plus 245 cash price so 263 out the door with tax. MY question is where do i ask questions about problems? i did initial cleaning before firing and in my haste broke the ejector blade newbie mistake but i could not get mossberg to contact me about the part via email and my local guy doesnt carry parts. i did find one one ebay new that was for the 702 plinkster . so i ordered it and when it came i noticed it was a little different but i put it on and the bolt works fine. i have yet to get out and shoot the gun but i wouldnt be honest to say i am a little nervous about firing it with a new part that doesnt look the same. can anyone tell me if this is a part that will work fine with no saftey issues or where i can get oem part?i have added a picture of the 702 part but i do not have one of the 715t online . thanks in advance for any help

Attachments

• 702 ejector.jpg
    702 ejector.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 2,413
Re: help with replacement part on new mossberg 715t

Welcome aboard!

Personally I wouldn't fire the weapon until you have clarification from the manufacturer about the replacement part. Could work just fine, but it's not worth the risk of damaging the weapon or more importalnty hurting yourself. Can't remember the last time any company actually responded to e-mail, but you can call Mossberg Tech Support at the number below...

(800) 363-3555

Might take a few minutes to get through, but hang in there and they'll get you sorted out. Ask to speak to Edna if she's available and tell her we said hello...

That part looks like the same part as in the 715T but its missing the tall post/plate that locks the slide back.

Does the plinkster not have this function? Or is it different?

See the picture, the 715T has a tall tab the charge handle hooks too. Other then not being able to lock the slide back i dont see anything that would cause any safty issues or keep it from working properly.

Mossberg715TActionlock_zps31d80269.jpg

It has the hole in the same spot for the little screw, and the same tabe the slide ride in but other then the tall tab for the slide lock it looks like it would work fine.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Welcome aboard!

Right now it's just one version or the other and Mossberg does not sell the shells or forend sections separately. However, several manufacturers offer removeable, picatinny mounted carry handles. Seems it would be much easier to purchase the flat-top 715T and add your choice of aftermarket carry handles. This would give you the configuration you're looking for and you'd have more options if you decide to add an optic at some point down the road...

It would be nice if they did sell the shells.

btucker2003 said:
I need a new magazine release, my screw is stripped :( any suggestions?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
Mine stripped too. I just looked around my garage til I found a slightly bigger screw w/ the same type threads popped it in slowly and STRAIGHT been workin fine over a month now. Important thing is finding that same type threads I believe its specificly made to cut threads in plastic. GOOD LUCK

Gunowner99 said:
It would be nice if they did sell the shells.

I agree as well, I just saw a shell on eBay without the stock sell for $185 Plus $15 shipping. That's such a ridiculous price for the shell.

Back