• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Tactical .22 715T- What ammo you using?

Got my Mossberg the other day took it out to shoot and i was using winchester ammo an it kept jamming. Any adivce on good ammo that wont jam?

Drewk013 said:
Got my Mossberg the other day took it out to shoot and i was using winchester ammo an it kept jamming. Any adivce on good ammo that wont jam?

This what I've had the best performance from:
CCI 22LR Mini-Mag 40GR CPRN 1235FPS (Target-Plinking)
CCI 22LR Tactical 40GR CPRN 1200FPS
CCI 22LR Segmented HP 32GR 1640FPS (Varmint)
Fiocchi 22LR 40GR CPRN 1250FPS

believe it or not I am having the best luck with the cheap stuff.
federal bulk blue box of 525 runs almost flawless
peters brown box 3 FTF's in one 500 rd box
going to shoot CCI and american eagle next
bought the very expensive winchester red box stuff ($10 per 100 rds!!!!) and had nuthing but problems and issues. the stuff is crap so I sold it to my buddy for half price LOL

Tried to put some cci thro my 715 and i couldnt finish one mag without issues. Read so much on the forums that cci is the best in this rifle. BS holy crap this stuff sucks. Why did i buy 1000 rounds!?!?! Painfully fought thro 300 rounds then ended up trading my buddy the remaining 700 rounds for a box of federal bulk. My 715 is happy eating that all day long and its all ill buy from now on!

zeuce said:
Tried to put some cci thro my 715 and i couldnt finish one mag without issues. Read so much on the forums that cci is the best in this rifle. BS holy crap this stuff sucks. Why did i buy 1000 rounds!?!?! Painfully fought thro 300 rounds then ended up trading my buddy the remaining 700 rounds for a box of federal bulk. My 715 is happy eating that all day long and its all ill buy from now on!
Strange enough I have had very bad experience with federal bulk.
hema9yru.jpg
ama9ygaq.jpg

Will try some cci mini mag and stinger...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5yzerybu.jpg

e6e3u9yz.jpg

emabu5ep.jpg

Ok so the second try had a better result... Federal 525 rd pack had less FTE/stovepipe issues on the second try. First 25 rd mag had 2, second also 2 but the third mag had zero problem.
CCI Mini Mag had zero issues. It was just like a dream :)
With the Stinger you can feel the difference on the recoil, sound and power. It had just one FTF with the STINGER.

So I just ordered the blue Federal Champion 500 rd. Will try that one and see how that one turns out.

edujy7y2.jpg

keep us in the loop on the champion I have yet to see that stuff in any gunstores here. what are the specs?

Hi to everyone and Merry Christmas. Just came back from the range. The conclusion is CCI mini mag HV 36 grain and/or 40 grain works flawless. Zero errors. The new blue box federal 500 rounds has performed better than the 525 round bulk but I still had some FTE/stovepipe and one misfire. I'll use the bulks quickly and than stick with CCI as the FTE may cause in the long run some damages with the cycling elements. Cheers!

Thanks.
I'm going to keep w/ the CCI. It's what mine likes best. :)
Maybe later after more rounds through it I'll try some others.

Trial and error. Don't use subsonic though unless you want instant ftf and jambs...
This topic is good read as well. I might meander here n there but it is on point.

Is anybody having luck finding rounds that will cycle through the gun? I have CCI because that is what the gun salesman gave me when I bought the gun but with the ammo shortage all over the country is there any rounds that you've found to work that you can find in stock? I was amazed that when I contacted mossberg they didn't have a set round that fires best in the gun.

I have found that Blazers work very well. I guess they are mid-range...not as expensive as CCI, but not the cheapest either (last I paid in December was $23/500).
At this point I'm at about 800 rounds since my last failure of any kind.
I persevered...went through a couple of dud magazines, had the usual break in period misfeeds, etc (lasted about 500 rounds).
Now...my 715t is every bit as reliable as our Savage and Marlin bolts.

Back