• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Tactical .22 Autoloader Reviews...

Remember auto loaders usually like HV ammo. High velosity packs a little more kick and helps cycle the gun more reliable. Bolt action and revolvers can shoot just about anything because you are doing the cycling.

Golden bullets are what ive had the most trouble with in ANY .22 ive ever tried. IMO that is just sloppy ammo. It didnt use to be though i have used some old old ammo my dad had from the 80s and it shot perfect this "new improved" junk is dirty and not very reliable at all.

You can some times feel lighter loads all int he same box from shot to shot.

I guess right now with ammo the way it is ammo is ammo but if you could chose i wouldnt chose golden bullets.

Follow up time: I still don't like the magazines, but aside from that, I have put a bazillion rounds through it now and my only FTE or FTFs come from subsonic rounds. Also, the quest for it to FTF or FTE based on being too dirty hasn't happened yet. I still have not cleaned this thing! I won't until it fails... My personal endurace test of the firearm is going great. As I have said before, if the magazines were on quality with the 715T, I would be completely in love with it.

And another followup like the above.
It has been cold up here (Edmonton) for the last month or so. Yesterday it was -10c and it was sunny, so figured, what the heck...we gotta go shooting.
Had a couple of failure to fires with my Savage .22WMR due to the cold.
But the 715T, which hasn't been cleaned since last spring...300 rounds without a single failure.
For the 1st 500 rounds I thought I'd made a mistake buying the thing. But after the replacement of one bad mag and finding out which ammo it likes...the thing is just dead nuts reliable.

snagglepuss said:
It has been cold up here (Edmonton) for the last month or so. Yesterday it was -10c and it was sunny, so figured, what the heck...we gotta go shooting.
But the 715T, which hasn't been cleaned since last spring...300 rounds without a single failure.
For the 1st 500 rounds I thought I'd made a mistake buying the thing. But after the replacement of one bad mag and finding out which ammo it likes...the thing is just dead nuts reliable.

which ammo dose it like ive been using rem 525 box i put 500 throw it 2 weeks ago and got idk like 5 failures

kid's 22 said:
snagglepuss said:

which ammo dose it like ive been using rem 525 box i put 500 throw it 2 weeks ago and got idk like 5 failures

Mine functions flawlessly with the CCI Blazer.
If you're not aware, Blazer branded ammo can be either from CCI or Federal. The CCi is darker than the Federal. The Federal made Blazers perform sporadically in both my Mossberg and my GSG 1911.
The CCI Blazer (as well as the more expensive CCI MiniMag) are great.

I recently picked up a used 715t with carry handle at Gander Mountain for $149. I read all the reviews about FTF and FTE so I polished the bolt and inside the frame with 800 grit sand paper. The difference was unbelievable after I was done. Took it to the range and fired 100 low velocity rounds and 150 high velocity rounds. I had one FTF and it was actually a bad round not the rifle. Very pleased with the purchase.

Welcome to the forum from NY and congrats on your "new to you" 715T.

Glad to hear you got it running smooth.:)

I recently picked up a used 715t with carry handle at Gander Mountain for $149. I read all the reviews about FTF and FTE so I polished the bolt and inside the frame with 800 grit sand paper. The difference was unbelievable after I was done. Took it to the range and fired 100 low velocity rounds and 150 high velocity rounds. I had one FTF and it was actually a bad round not the rifle. Very pleased with the purchase.
Wow. That's a good deal I thought I got mine at 159.00.

BTW, had no problems sighting in. Riser is about maxed out but at 35yrds it is 1/2 to 1/4 inch group. Just got a 4X32 compact scope for it will have to get that zeroed in. For the money I love the gun. I also have a Henry golden boy, marlin Centuary 39 both lever action and I love them I don't want to shoot them when it is crappy outsiide.

Back