• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Tactical .22 Autoloader Troubleshooting

DHonovich

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Sponsor
"Philanthropist"
Any issues, concerns or problems you may have with your mossberg tactical .22 autoloader; this is a thread for troubleshooting.

is anyone else having feed problems? mine is pretty constant normally the first round i try to chamber will go above the barrel. occasionlly i'll get one to do the same thing later on in the mag it happens weather or not i use the easy loader or just hand load the mag. hasn't happened to me when shooting cci just federal and winchester

rum66runner said:
is anyone else having feed problems? mine is pretty constant normally the first round i try to chamber will go above the barrel. occasionlly i'll get one to do the same thing later on in the mag it happens weather or not i use the easy loader or just hand load the mag. hasn't happened to me when shooting cci just federal and winchester

When I first got mine with the 25rd mag it would jam every time until I got down to 12 rounds remaining. Then it would work fine. I tried win super x, 2 types of federal, rem golden bullet... all jamed. Then I tried CCI Blazer and it worked like a champ. CCI mini mags also worked fine. I don't know what the difference is but needless to say I use CCI Blazers now. :)

Rick

Thanks for sharing your experience, its funny how small difference in ammo can cause problems as you described.

I don't have a Mossberg Tact .22 but from my experience with my S&W 15/22's they had feed, eject problems at first with the cheaper bulk ammo. I used mostly CCI minimags in both at about a 1000 rds and now I have very few problems (mostly fail to fire) witgh the Federal 550 bulk packs from wallyworld. Also my wifes Walther P22 dosen't like the bulk pack to much but LOVES CCI minimags. Hope this helps.

rum66runner said:

Same here, I was using winchester.

I'll have to check into cci, I don't recall seeing my husband ever with those, ill have to ask him, I'm sure he knows what those are.

When i get around to it i'ma pick up a 10 round mag and a new 25 me and my buddy were out shooting yesterday and messed with it and didn't have any problem if we just loaded in the 10-14 range anything past that the second round always jammed.

rum66runner said:
When i get around to it i'ma pick up a 10 round mag and a new 25 me and my buddy were out shooting yesterday and messed with it and didn't have any problem if we just loaded in the 10-14 range anything past that the second round always jammed.

My second round was jamming too...how weird. I picked up some cci's at the gun show last weekend, along with a new 35 mag. I might get to the range this weekend and test it out.

I have (3) 25rd mags, after about 10 full loads in each, the springs seemed to break in. My last four shoots the rifle has been feeding flawlessly and the mags have been great too. Haven't cleaned/oiled in 500+ rounds now either.

Hope this helps.

Mossberg 715t Help

Hello I purchased a Mossberg 715t yesterday at my local gun store, it was never opened (NIB) and upon arriving home and reading through the manual, I noticed it was for the 702 plinkster and 702 plinkster with ar style shell. In appearance they are the same, however my model (the 715t) does not have a rear take down screw, it's supposed to be in the grip. I cannot figure out how to get it apart? Any suggestions? Mossberg gave me an eta of 7-10 business days for a hard copy of the manual, and could not email it as a .pdf.

Re: Mossberg 715t Help

Received manual in the mail today, and it was the same one that I received in the box with the gun. There was a sticky note that was hand written and read "Refer to page 15 for model 715t" This page showed the old model with the double take down screws. After a few choice words, I decided to follow the guide and just eliminate the part of loosening the rear take down screw. Les than 5 minutes later, the gun was apart, and I was cleaning. Lot of oversprayed paint in the top of the receiver, and a lot of packing grease. Took me about 20 minutes to get it back together, as I could not figure out how to put the trigger assembly and bolt buffer stop back in.

On a side note, RANGE TEST Tomorrow. :)

Glad to hear you got it worked out!

Be sure to post up a range report after you take her for a spin. We need some pics too.

Safe shooting, have fun!

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum jmilitano !!

Looking forward to the range report...

Gun shot flawlessly, put about 400 rounds through it. Used Winchester 555 white box .22 (just bought) and had some 2 year old Federal 525 red box. Both shot perfect, no jams, misfeeds, fte's, etc. Pics later this week!

SWEET!

Glad to hear she's runnin smoothe. Lookin forward to the pics...

I have another question while I'm in the room with fellow 715t owners..

I picked one up yesterday at the gun store and it does not have ANY sights (not even the pointy triangle front sight.) It has as many rails as it can possibly have, but no sights whatsoever. Where would I go to find a front sight and top carry handle with the peep sight to match this weapon?

Mossberg 715t Help

Hmm weird, the flat top is supposed to come with removable sights.

I'm assuming that's the one you got due to the lack of carry handle...

I'd be asking whatever shop you purchased from what the deal is...

Back