• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Tactical .22 Autoloader Troubleshooting

Re: 715t charge handle

Awsome! Thanks for taking the time to teardown and take some pics! I'm gunna take mine apart again and see if I can see whats going on. Again thanks again...I really appriciate it!

Its wierd. With the trigger assembly out of the frame, the handle is tight with no play and locks open. When I put it back into the frame, the charge handle has a little play and will not lock open. had the damn thing apart twice now. Getting frustrated to say the least!

Holy crap! I finally figured it out. I didn't have the front push pin all the way seated. Now works like it should. Thanks again for all the help everybody!!

broncos7 said:
Holy crap! I finally figured it out. I didn't have the front push pin all the way seated. Now works like it should. Thanks again for all the help everybody!!

Yeah i was on a roll last night posting all kinds of pictures.

Glad you got it working, what push pin?

Dysfunctional said:
If you send it in for warranty work expect it to be gone for a couple of months or longer. I have one that was sent there mid/end-Jan and it is still in the queue to be looked at (as of two weeks ago when I last checked on it). And, they say they are behind because they are waiting on ammo to test fire rifles before returning them.

I called them last week and they just received a batch of .22 ammo. They shipped mine out this past friday (sent in for repair early Jan). So yours should be done pretty soon, I imagine.

715t mag not holding 25

I just got a 715 t and I cant get the mag to load 25 rounds. sticks at 11 .. I did see how to make it work but only with a rod pushing the guide down the mag into the plastic section but I cant do it with bullets? Is there a way to fix this problem with this mag??
Thanks

broncos7 said:
Hi I am new to these rifles. I cleaned mine for the first time, and after doing so the charge handle is loose and won't lock open. Any info on this would be great!

Im kind of having the same issue wih mine.i just picked mine up yesterday. Took it apart cleaned it and reassembled it..mine wont lock open either.it didnt lock before i took it apart either.
But it seems like theres somethin holding it foward.almost as if the lil plastic guide inside is a hair to big.
Cuz it also doesnt catch the next round as well to load it.it will mostly catch the very end of the next round.
Im lucky if i can get 6 in a row.then its one at a time after i get the next round cambered by hand.
Hope im explaining this correctly.if anybody could assist,itd be great.

Bpr-1 said:
broncos7 said:
Hi I am new to these rifles. I cleaned mine for the first time, and after doing so the charge handle is loose and won't lock open. Any info on this would be great!

Im kind of having the same issue wih mine.i just picked mine up yesterday. Took it apart cleaned it and reassembled it..mine wont lock open either.it didnt lock before i took it apart either.
But it seems like theres somethin holding it foward.almost as if the lil plastic guide inside is a hair to big.
Cuz it also doesnt catch the next round as well to load it.it will mostly catch the very end of the next round.
Im lucky if i can get 6 in a row.then its one at a time after i get the next round cambered by hand.
Hope im explaining this correctly.if anybody could assist,itd be great.

THere is a plastic block inside the receiver behind the bolt that is a buffer pad. If you load a hot round in it the bolt will recoil back into that block and sort of cushion the bolt from slamming so hard back on the receiver frame. Mine actually has little dents in it.

Maybe your buffer pad is in wrong not allowing it to come back fully?

Im not sure if i have pictures of it or not, its kinda shaped like a T and one part slides into the U channel of the bolt as its all the way back.

Re: 715t mag not holding 25

Gunner 4640 said:
I just got a 715 t and I cant get the mag to load 25 rounds. sticks at 11 .. I did see how to make it work but only with a rod pushing the guide down the mag into the plastic section but I cant do it with bullets? Is there a way to fix this problem with this mag??
Thanks

Mine has these little thumb tabs on the lower part of the mag. Have you tried pulling those down so it release tension on the lower spring section of the mag first.

Re: 715t mag not holding 25

Gunner 4640 said:
Thanks

Mine stuck at 11 also at first.....after a few trys I figured out how to fill my mag.....first make sure the follower goes all the way down smooth with a small rod of sorts....if it does then feed 5-6 rds in the mag then pull down on the tabs on the bottom half of mag....only enuf to take the pressure off the follower this should allow u to stuff another 6-7 rds...with a fresh mag this is where the loader comes into play use the loader to get the rest in the mag but keep your eye on the follower thru the slots on the mag make sure the follower isn't binding.....once u get all 25 in leave em there for a day or two...helps soften the springs...after 10-15 fills mine works great no need for the loader tool any more can get all of em in by hand

BowerR64 said:
THere is a plastic block inside the receiver behind the bolt that is a buffer pad. If you load a hot round in it the bolt will recoil back into that block and sort of cushion the bolt from slamming so hard back on the receiver frame. Mine actually has little dents in it.

Maybe your buffer pad is in wrong not allowing it to come back fully?

Im not sure if i have pictures of it or not, its kinda shaped like a T and one part slides into the U channel of the bolt as its all the way back.

Well,i took it apart again..took the buffer pad out.it had alil bit of plastic residue on it.i shaved it down, reoiled everything,and went threw 25 rounds without any issues at all...
But 25 is all i have time to run threw it at the moment since im at work. We have alil "range" next to our shop. :D
Hopefully if i get more time later this week ill run some more threw it and see what it does.
Thanks again for your help.
I also sanded down the tips of all 3 of my mags like you suggested Bower... Seems to have worked as well on that first mag i just emptied....again,thank you sir.

Ive also taken mags apart and sanded bottom of the followers to get rid of sharp edges they seem to hang up goin from the metel mag to the plastic extention seems to help ....also the lips sometimes r tighter on one copared to another u can adjust with needle nose a little at a time till the bullits feed out nicely wen i first got mine it had feed eject issues i cleaned out all paint overspray from the reciver and polished it and bolt,feed ramp seemed to help alot ...cheers p.s my first post here helo everyone !!! Not sure why it says copper bb there???? Haha

I put 200 rounds through today. The 10 round mag did its job (Thank you Mr. Jennings!), but I had the gun malfunction today :? The charging rod locked open after the 5th round of a cycle... It took about 10 minutes of messing with it to finally get the thing to finish the cycle. Didn't happen again after that.
Anyone else have this happen? If so, is there a 'proceedure' for fixing this?

Also, I pulled the carry handle rail and put it on several times to see if the gun re-zeroed the optics... no problem there!

vwfye said:
Also, I pulled the carry handle rail and put it on several times to see if the gun re-zeroed the optics... no problem there!

Thanks for that report... now I won't feel so bad to take my rail/scope off (to fit in my hard case).

After several attempts to get the 25 round magazines to load properly, including taking one apart on modifying it,(cleaning, and gluing the spring) I gave up, and returned the gun to the store, never having fired it. I exchanged it for a Colt .22. Subsequently I have two 25 round magazines for sale. If interested e-mail me at hunter270@me.com. I’m located in Las Vegas NV. I will not ship to a state that prohibits these. I paid more than the asking price, but will take a reasonable offer for them.

Back