• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Tactical .22 Autoloader Troubleshooting

I finally have magazines that hold 25 rounds. Amazingly it's only taken 2 years for them to cycle correctly. So I guess I'm holding out hope for others.

For those that don't know they have come up with a modified charging handle for these. The back side of the handle is now even with the part going through the bolt. I emailed martinezn@mossberg.com and they sent me the new one. Just took it out today and it seems to have fixed the problem. Put around 150 rounds through it and it did not lock back one time.

Okay, I have the opposite problem from many--- the magazines (I have three, all the same) are somewhat reluctant to drop as if the catch isn't quite moving as far as it should. I can always tug it out with a bit of finagling, but it's not as crisp and clean as it ought to be.

Ideas?

For those that don't know they have come up with a modified charging handle for these. The back side of the handle is now even with the part going through the bolt. I emailed martinezn@mossberg.com and they sent me the new one. Just took it out today and it seems to have fixed the problem. Put around 150 rounds through it and it did not lock back one time.

I emailed Miss Martinez and she replied back asking for the serial number of my 715. I emailed it to her and am waiting for a reply. Thanks for the info!

I picked up my new 715t Friday and found the typical issues. I called Mossberg and talked to a very nice young lady who is sending me out 2 10 round magazines because they will not ship a 25 round magazine to Illinois even though it came from my local gun shop with a 25 round magazine. Also, they are sending me A new operating handle. We'll see what happens next... Bruce

I bought a Mossberg 715T at a local Rural King. When I got it home I followed the maintenance suggestions I found on the Internet. I cleaned it and oiled it before attempting to fire it. I also bought other accessories for the weapon, including a 40X scope and a 10-round magazine. The rifle came with a 25 round magazine, but after reading the comments on the web I bought a 10-round one in an attempt to avoid problems. This rifle never worked as a semi-auto, had to pull back the lever every time I wanted to eject the empty and load another round. After firing eight shots with this rifle it jammed up, the lever jammed back in the open position and would not move. The Internet said to lightly pull back on the lever and at the same time pull back the trigger--did not work. I attempted to return the weapon to Rural King but the manager there said their license did not allow them to take back used weapons. One of their technicians inspected the rifle, got it unjammed, but when he fired it again, it jammed back up. Rural King sent the rifle back to Mossberg for repairs. Who knows how long that will take, or if they will be able to solve the problem. This was supposed to be a Christmas present, the way things are going, maybe next year!

I picked up my new 715t Friday and found the typical issues. I called Mossberg and talked to a very nice young lady who is sending me out 2 10 round magazines because they will not ship a 25 round magazine to Illinois even though it came from my local gun shop with a 25 round magazine. Also, they are sending me A new operating handle. We'll see what happens next... Bruce
If they sent me a new operating handle that would not do me much good, would not have any idea how to install it.

I have had a replacement handle for a long time and finally installed it yesterday. Followed a "how to" video on youtube and it was quite easy. Wont get to shoot it until next week.

Back