• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Muzzle Loaders?

old mossy said:
very nice rifle. i'll bet that gives one hell'va kick. :D

LOL yes it does. I am able to use 100 grain or 150 grain pellet powder and I use this bullet to bring a 150 pound hog down with a lung shot at about 65 to 70 yards.

Attachments

• .50 sabot 001.jpg
    .50 sabot 001.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 110
I picked up a Knight Disc rifle with a Simmons Aetec 2-10x44 at a small gun show today. Paid $200 out the door. All I know about them is that they were great rifles back when they first came out.

tcecil88 said:
I picked up a Knight Disc rifle with a Simmons Aetec 2-10x44 at a small gun show today. Paid $200 out the door. All I know about them is that they were great rifles back when they first came out.

I look at the newer ones of the knights disc but the cheapest they had was over $500.00 new but since I was new at black powder at the time I didnt know if I would like to hunt with one.So I shopped around and did some research and CVA been around for a few years longer than some and I bought the wolf at gander mountain with a discount for 150.00 and the barska scope, scope rings and mount for about 50.00 and I am very happy with it and I get to hunt at 2 different seasons :D

A pair of 54 cal Thompson Center Hawkens, I did the bottom one from a kit….kits are bare metal and a block of wood.

IMG_0226.jpg

oli700 said:
A pair of 54 cal Thompson Center Hawkens, I did the bottom one from a kit….kits are bare metal and a block of wood.

IMG_0226.jpg

WOW they are nice. Thought about that, doing one from a kit. I found several places that have the Kentucky Flintlock kits. I always like the sound of the flintlock being fired :D.

Nice, I've been looking at the Wolf for a while now. For the price it seems to be a great gun.

I took a deer last year using an 300gr SST with my CVA Eclipse. I found it's much cheaper to buy the bullets and sabot's in bulk. Combined with 100 gr of triple seven is the most accurate load I've found so far out of mine so I wanted to stock up.

MikeD said:
Nice, I've been looking at the Wolf for a while now. For the price it seems to be a great gun.

I took a deer last year using an 300gr SST with my CVA Eclipse. I found it's much cheaper to buy the bullets and sabot's in bulk. Combined with 100 gr of triple seven is the most accurate load I've found so far out of mine so I wanted to stock up.

4 things I like about my Wolf 209. 1. It is consider a magnum, I can shoot up to a 150 grains of powder or pellets. 2. If you lube the breach plug you can take it out with just your fingers plus you can use 209 shotgun primers. 3. So dang easy to clean :D. 4. So dang accurate out to 200 yards. And I stock up on my to, I must have about 10 pounds of sabots plus 20 box's of Triple 7 pellets and about 10 box's of 209 primers about 100 in each plus patch's and cleaning material.

mjadams61 said:
MikeD said:

4 things I like about my Wolf 209. 1. It is consider a magnum, I can shoot up to a 150 grains of powder or pellets. 2. If you lube the breach plug you can take it out with just your fingers plus you can use 209 shotgun primers. 3. So dang easy to clean :D. 4. So dang accurate out to 200 yards. And I stock up on my to, I must have about 10 pounds of sabots plus 20 box's of Triple 7 pellets and about 10 box's of 209 primers about 100 in each plus patch's and cleaning material.

Hahahaha, sounds like you've way ahead of me. Mine will shoot the 150 grain charges as well but I've found the gun to be more accurate with a 100gr charge and it's a lot easier on the shoulder. ;)

Knight .50 caliber Disc rifle with William's Fire Sights and a Simmon's 2.8-10x44 Aetec scope that I picked up at a local gun show for $200. My buddy said that Knight is out of business. They made great rifles, so I am puzzled as to why they went out of business.
IMG_20130401_160310_488_zps75d314f8.jpg

Ya know, I looked at this website right after I bought the rifle. I don't know why I did not remember it. Maybe my buddy has some wrong info, or they simply changed owners.

Back