• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

MVP EGW Rail question

Hey MVP shooters! I have a question. I recently bought an EGW 0-MOA Picatinny rail for my MVP Predator 5.56mm. I installed it and realized right away that my scope sits about 1/4" higher than it did on my Weaver mounts that came stock on the rifle. Now with that being said, after the fact, I realized that Mossberg sells their own pic rails for the MVP on their website, and the MVP's with factory rails seem to be lower to the gun than the EGW brand which seem to sit high about 1/4". They EGW has their height specs on the website. Would anyone out there happen to know of the EGW rails are higher than the Mossberg brand picatinny rail? My reason for this is, I want to add open sights to my rifle, and I cant have a picatinny rail that blocks my view of open sights. If the EGW is higher than the Mossberg brand, I will have to sell it and get a Mossberg rail. Thanks ahead of time for any info!!

Back