• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

My 15 yr old lady AR15

Djcala

.30-06
Supporter
My youngest finally wanted an ar . I asked what she wanted she replied the simple sight kind and made me proud !! I said if you can put one together you can have it. Told her use google and utube and ask if she was confused , I gave her stripped lower and too many parts for confusion and a basically completse upper I dismantled whennit arrived. She done good and owns it now, I sleep well with her down the hall.0409201327_HDR.jpg 0409201447_HDR.jpg 0409201432.jpg 0409201519_HDR.jpg 0410201142_HDR.jpg 0409201519_HDR.jpg

Some people would tell you they were surprised.

I'm not.

If you teach kids right, they'll grow up right.

I am proud of her though. Especially for wanting irons. The batteries will never go dead on those. :)

Nice M4.

I kinda figured if a 15yr old young lady with enough ability and desire to assemble an AR15, A respect for teddy bears and the President was appreciated it might be on to mossy forum. :santa:

I kinda figured if a 15yr old young lady with enough ability and desire to assemble an AR15, A respect for teddy bears and the President was appreciated it might be on to mossy forum. :santa:
Impressive indeed! Pass our regards to your young lady! You have every right to be proud DJ.

...I gave her stripped lower and too many parts for confusion

Make sure you tell her to keep all the "extra" parts.

When I was in the US Army overseas they were nice enough to give me a toolbox, a helicopter and 2 machine guns.
We periodically did detailed takedowns of the M60s. When I reassembled them I always seemed to have extra parts left over, but the guns tested and fired fine.
At the end of the year I turned in a toolbox, a helicopter and 3 machine guns.

Note: parts of this story are fictional

That is awesome. I'm so glad you're teaching a child the proper way to do things.

And congratulations on learning how do put your own rifle together.

I had a very good teacher in the 4th grade. He said knowledge is power. If you know something, there isn't anyone but God himself that can take that away from you.

My youngest finally wanted an ar . I asked what she wanted she replied the simple sight kind and made me proud !! I said if you can put one together you can have it. Told her use google and utube and ask if she was confused , I gave her stripped lower and too many parts for confusion and a basically completse upper I dismantled whennit arrived. She done good and owns it now, I sleep well with her down the hall.View attachment 23072 View attachment 23073 View attachment 23074 View attachment 23075 View attachment 23076 View attachment 23075

Parenting done right, :thumbsup: well done!

Back