• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

My Beretta O/U - A Sad Beginning

Water Monkey

The man, the myth, the monkey
Supporter
My woes were documented on an unrelated thread so I figured I'd give the story it's own thread.

I purchased a brand new Beretta 687 Sporting O/U for Christmas 2015 to properly get me shooting on the skeet and sporting clays at my local range.

23855692571_674cae8e4f_z.jpg

23311413193_5c48f1b7e8_z.jpg

Being a short and stocky fella the stock was a bit too long so I went to a recommended "master gun fitter" locally.

Initially he sized me up and cut my stock on the spot to the proper length (13" LOP) for me. He also noted that my mount was low and recommended he install a comb raiser to properly set me up to shoot a 60/40 spread on the skeet field. Sure why not.

2 weeks go by and I come by to pick it... well during the cutting of my stock something happened and he blew my stock apart. Instead of calling me he took it upon himself to replace the stock with a used field stock (NOT a Sporting Stock). In the end he only charged me $50 for the parts for the comb because he destroyed my stock.

It wasn't terrible but with some minor nics upon real careful inspection you could tell it was a used stock. Here's what she looks like now:

25731324124_af1611ab05_z.jpg

Went to the range and realized it kicked a lot more than before. Upon taking off the recoil pad to verify he screwed me with a field stock... it turned out that one of the screw holes in the stock was completely stripped.

Suing this ailing old man for a $600 stock just wasn't worth it to me so unfortunately I had to take it on the chin.

Memorial day came and went but I was keeping my eye on a stock set on Coleguns.com to purchase at year end. Well they had a sale on that stock (20%) which was $120 discount so I jumped on it and paid with plastic.

Got it today... gonna save up some money and send it out to a beretta approved service center to be cut to 13" LOP and to have a comb raiser professionally put in it.

27517360696_1f0b6a02c3_z.jpg

Coles Special Monte Carlo Stock with a parallel comb Grade A.

wow, very nice that is going to be so sweet ....your always getting screwed, hurt, beat up, sick....beat up again . You have the best way of coming out on top in the end though

LOL thanks. Fall down 7 times, stand up 8.... then kick the person that tripped you 7 times in the nuts.

This probably won't get finalized until the end of the year. Focusing on getting that Mini G project I talked to you about a reality first.

Damn...that's a beautiful stock there.....much much better than the plain grain one...

Right on man. If the old stock looked like the new one (but hacked up) I was gunna buy it for grips n stuff, but after another look, it wasn't eye popping that one.

That is a really pretty stock.

And gun for that matter.

If it makes you feel any better, I am having to send my new cz scorpion back to the importer. The barrel is bad and as much as it pains me to have to send it to them, there is no alternative this time. It is in a box behind my chair as I type this. The email said to expect 4-6 weeks. Bummer.

That is a really pretty stock.

And gun for that matter.

If it makes you feel any better, I am having to send my new cz scorpion back to the importer. The barrel is bad and as much as it pains me to have to send it to them, there is no alternative this time. It is in a box behind my chair as I type this. The email said to expect 4-6 weeks. Bummer.

Ugh that sucks John!!!

What's up with the barrel

The new wood that you bought, WM, looks really incredible. Amazing.

I sincerely hope that the new shoulder stock is fit to the receiver much more precisely than the original shoulder stock that Beretta put on that fine gun. (See second photo in your OP) That alone would have pissed me off.

687's are great guns.
You are doing the right thing, putting the effort and money into making it perfect.

Good luck with your project and good shooting!

The new wood that you bought, WM, looks really incredible. Amazing.

I sincerely hope that the new shoulder stock is fit to the receiver much more precisely than the original shoulder stock that Beretta put on that fine gun. (See second photo in your OP) That alone would have pissed me off.

Yeah I saw that when I got her in the mail a week before Christmas. Wasn't too worried about it as she shot like a dream... well, Did until a scrotum monkey laid his hands on my stock. Plus, this make and model is no longer being produced by Beretta which was how I got a great deal on it.

It would be easier just to link it, plus I don't want to derail your topic. Page 1 and 2 have the photos:
http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=80243.0

I'll take a look after I'm done interrogating school club advisors :sniper:

687's are great guns.
You are doing the right thing, putting the effort and money into making it perfect.

Good luck with your project and good shooting!

Yeah it's solid. Just needs to be brought back to a better life. Bitch is slumming it with a crappy stock. Best game with her was 20/25 a week before she was handed over to incompetence.

That furniture set looks AWESOME and I'm so excited for you to get it fit up!!!

Back