• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

My boys first gun....

MT2

Today my grandma came down to visit and one thing lead to another and the boys ended up bringing home....

rossi_zpsbfa3dae1.jpg

Its a Rossi Matched Pair 410/22, I think it will be a good gun for them even though the youngest is a few years away to say the least. He dont turn 2 till July. :cool: However the oldest (7) should be able to get some serious teeth cutting here.

Also looked at a Mossy 715 might have to put the potential 10/22 build on hold that is one nice lookin little gun.

Awesome!...that's my kind of grandmother. I hope they cherish it as much as they enjoy it. Remember, safety first!

Those are good little youth guns.

I like the extra safe he needs both hands right now to pull the hammer back, so it a good way to be a little extra careful and teach him how to use a safe.

Single Shot! WOO! My fiance started on a Rossi .243/20gauge that was handed down to her brothers and it is still in their family working like a charm!

That's a great gun for them!!! But the key to great memories is no tragic mishaps. Preach to the kids everytime you let them shoot--_GUN SAFETY.

Don't just preach it, go by it. It's amazing what they see you do with the thought of being "like dad".

I come from an outdoor type of life as a child. Keep your kids outside! Lol. Teach them hunting and fishing. Keep them shooting. Firearms and archery create life long family moments.

But preach the SAFETY.

Back