• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

My first Mossberg

SWIGIN

I just wanted to say hello and show a few pictures of my first new shotgun which is also my first Mossberg.

f3qio.jpg

2a9nsl5.jpg

2zr18ap.jpg

I am not new to shooting or hunting but my other shotguns were all 2 3/4'' only and was wanting something that could eat whatever I feed it. Now I know some light trap loads wont cycle the best but I figured If that becomes a problem that's what my other shotguns are for.

I went with a Mossberg because it just fit me. I have a shorter then factory trigger finger by about a half inch and I can't reach the triggers on most guns. After handling more shotguns then I can remember it came down to Mossberg and one other brand I'm not sure I want to mention.

So far I really like the 935 and am glad I did not go with the other brand. I mean just look how that Shadow Grass hides in a quilt!

. . . After handling more shotguns then I can remember it came down to Mossberg and one other brand I'm not sure I want to mention . . .

Go ahead, and mention. Just forget the odd anti-social social conventions you learned from other gun forums. This place is much more even handed about these things.

Most all of us own guns besides Mossberg too.

I've got a Savage, 2 Rugers, a Springfield, 2 Henrys, a North Am, Uberti, Sears, and others.

Fair enough, it was Stoeger. I really did like the Stoeger as far as trigger reach with my short finger but it had a real hard recoil pad and it just didn't pull up as nice as the Mossberg for me.

I was not price shopping either, I handled 20 different shotguns some priced 3 times what the 935 was but they are no good if you can't reach the trigger.

You get some odd looks at the gun shop when they ask what brand are you looking for and you answer with your finger in the air ''I want the one that I can shoot"...LOL

EDIT..... I am a huge Ruger 10/22 fan and have built a few from scratch that out shoot my Rem .308 up to 150 yards.

EDIT..... I am a huge Ruger 10/22 fan and have built a few from scratch that out shoot my Rem .308 up to 150 yards.
Swigin, Your art rocks! I hate to be such an insistent beggar, but I would really love to see some of those 10/22 projects over in
http://www.mossbergowners.com/forum/index.php?threads/favorite-22.15356/

I think that every high school graduate should be given a choice of a 10/22 and 5 hours of instruction at commencement!
I'd volunteer my hours on the training side w/out hesitation.

. . . I am a huge Ruger 10/22 fan and have built a few from scratch that out shoot my Rem .308 up to 150 yards.

Oh you'll likt this then...
I just bought one for my wife and it's her first semi automatic gun. I think they've gotten a bit cheaper with things like the trigger guard & bit's like that.
20160222_080421-1.jpg
So far she's only put about 50 rounds through it so too soon to tell how good a gun it's really going to be, but she sure seems to like it.

Very nice!

I can do magical things to those Poly trigger units. The old aluminum units are hit or miss. I gave my last aluminum trigger away in trade for a new Poly unit.

Rugers machine work and QC has gone down hill and they still function but those Ploy triggers are great in my opinion.

Here is my first 10/22 I ordered it new back in the early 90s when I turned 18.
29eskmd.jpg

This one does not get modified but I did do a trigger job to it.

Last edited:
Back