• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

My Marlin 60 Build Thread...

DHonovich

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Sponsor
"Philanthropist"
This is a thread dedicated to my Marlin 60 .22lr build...

All stock...
p215642840-4.jpg

ATI Fiberforce Stock...
p429478927-4.jpg

p478550332-4.jpg

p122646467-4.jpg

p354322753-4.jpg

Rimfire Technologies oversized charging handle
p325721438-4.jpg

p409638574-4.jpg

p235199566-4.jpg

Rocky Mountain Tactical 2 Point Sling And BlackHawk 1.25" Sling Mounts
p20367386-4.jpg

my 38 year old model 60 shows a bit more wear than yours...
Looks good though, I never really considered mine as a black rifle...

All my weapons are all black lol, this one was driving me crazy that it still had wood...

Nice addition. How do you like your Marlin 60? What's next on the build list for it?
I picked up a Marlin 795 a few weeks ago and I just can't seem to get enough trigger time :twisted:

I like it a lot! Next up is a Rocky Mountain Tactical 2 point sling, BlackHawk swivel mounts and then its deciding what scope setup to go with.

That furniture change really brought that gun into the 21st century !! Looks sharp...

ATI stocks, eh !?

Yea it looks and feels totally different now! ATI products have been certainly making their way onto my firearms.

DHonovich said:
All my weapons are all black lol, this one was driving me crazy that it still had wood...
One of my uncles bought it shortly after I was born and gave it to me on my 8th birthday. The serial number indicates it was made the same month and year i was born...

DHonovich said:
I like it a lot! Next up is a Rocky Mountain Tactical 2 point sling, BlackHawk swivel mounts and then its deciding what scope setup to go with.

May I suggest the Leupold 2-7 scope for black powder and shotgun? I have one on my 10/22 and love it. Put it on 7 to really dial it in and then back to 2 for ready, quick shooting. Parallax is set for 50 yards which is perfect for .22's.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B001HN5GLW/ref=dp_image_0?ie=UTF8&n=172282&s=electronics

I was actually looking at the Redfield Revolution 2-7 33mm which is basically the same scope!

revolution_2-7x33_01.jpg

DHonovich said:
I was actually looking at the Redfield Revolution 2-7 33mm which is basically the same scope!

revolution_2-7x33_01.jpg

Real nice stock on that model 60, Dan!!

And that Redfield scope above, I have the exact one and love it!! Cost me about $150 when I grabbed it last fall. It's been on everything from my 10/22's and is now on my Mini30..

Hi Dan. I just picked up a 60 from my brother. It's been sitting in his closet collecting dust for the past 10years. It was made in 78, and the stock is in good condition,but the action is jambed up.( the charging handle is stuck in the open position) Do you have any insight on how to get it unjambed? I think its just full of dust, but I'll take it apart in a little while. I'm thinking of letting it soak in a can of wd40 or something equivalent to loosen it up a bit..... thanx for any help you give.

And that stock rocks it!!

Congrats! You are going to love the Marlin 60. As for it being jammed up I would do just as you stated with some wd40 and see how that goes. Keep us updated.

Ok... I have a bucket to soak it in. I was going to get something equal to wd40 at a automotive store this weekend. How long should I let it sit in it? Overnight or longer as in a few days?

I would guess that an overnight soaking would do the trick.

Back