• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

My Maverick 88 12 ga. Pump...Short and Sweet

hombre243

.30-06
Maverick 88 12 ga 20 in bbl with TruGlo Choke.JPG I have checked to see where I left off with my Mossy gun inventory. I think I need to mention my Maverick 88 12 ga. pump and barrels. I got it with the standard barrel and tubes. I wanted a 26 inch barrel but all I could get is a 28". I got a 24" ported barrel, then decided a ported barrel may not work so pretty good with the new Tru Glo ported adjustable choke I ordered. I had fired the 28" barrel 3 times, killed 3 squirrels, 2 full grown oak trees and...ok, never mind. I had designs on a short barreled 12 but the Tru Glo is longer than the 20 ga Poly I have on my 20 ga. so adding it to the 28" would make it a pole vault pole.

I wanted to get as close to 26" as possible. A 24" ported barrel would probably not work well with a ported choke but I also realized the choke being over 3 inches long would be nearly as long as the 28" bbl.

I ordered the TruGlo and really like it. I think I will fire it this year. It has set un fired, on its new unfired 20" barrel...never been fired either...yep. It has been on the rack since 2016. Wiped down occasionally. This is the year. I added a sling and the shorter barrel feels good, and it is fast ast coming up. If I could find some rabbits to hunt I would show em.

I like the Maverick a lot. I know it will be a good coyote gun too. I plan to knock the fur off something this year. A year of therapy should make it easier to walk in the tangles...ya think?

Last edited:
Man I've not fired mine for over 1.5 years. I injured my hands last year and am just now getting back at shooting stuff bigger than airsoft and 9mm. Can't wait to put some rounds through Miss Dixie again.

Sent from my Vivo XL4 using Tapatalk

My wife posted this sign above Miss Dixie, my Maverick 88. It reads "I have found the one whom my soul loves". I'm glad she understands. [emoji16]
85f25e4c724ff24aa21522df3e814510.jpg

Sent from my Vivo XL4 using Tapatalk

Back