• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

My new Henry .22

I've shot a henry like this a few times and really enjoyed it. Lever actions hit that sweet spot between a bolt action and a semi auto... just enjoyment. Nice addition!

Very nice I've had my eye on a Henry for a while now either 357 or 44. A friend just bought one in 44 and the quality and finish on it is outstanding.

I own a top eject Winchester Model 1894 chambered in .30 WCF circa 1977...it's my go to deer rifle in the short shot distances of the Pennsylvania woods.

Ok, first range report...

I shot the Henry twice with the iron sights, & did poorly. Black sights against a black target is tough. But the gun ran like a dream. I want the large cal version too now.

And another Leupold ;) This one is calibrated for the AR I do not own yet. I didn't really buy it for the .22LR.

I mounted up Mom's old 4x AllPro, & Did better, but I was suffering with that ancient pos.

I went back today with a new Leupold AR-1 MOD 1 SPR-G, and some very overpriced Tally rings. The rings were loose! Anyhow I bought some Leopold rings which fit well, but it was dark by then & I did not get to go back to the range for a 3rd time in 2 days.

So the new scope is mounted now & works OK in the house, so I am Jonesing bad to go try it out. This by far the finest scope I've ever owned by about $450.

Last edited:
I'd keep'r with good old irons if I were you (unless you're old and blind and need a scope to see what you're shooting at:D)

And what were you thinking putting an Assault Weapon Scope on top of that Henry... it's SOOO much more dangerous now!

Shush up you!

Don't give the people watching this any more ideas! LOL

I am old and half blind, which is why I'll spend more on the scope than the gun.

I shot the heck out of this gun yesterday and today.

I liked it so well I just ordered another one in .357 cal.

And so it wouldn't get lonely I ordered an Evil Roy revolver in .357 too. :D

I shot the heck out of this gun yesterday and today.

I liked it so well I just ordered another one in .357 cal.

And so it wouldn't get lonely I ordered an Evil Roy revolver in .357 too. :D
You madman!!!

I definitely want your feedback on the .357 model!!!

This'll be my first .357 ever, so I'm excited to shoot it.

Davidson has shipped both guns before midnight, so we're 100% LEGAL. WooHoo!

I shot this 1.75" pattern of 8 at the indoor range. with the Henry & tactical AR scope.

Just 15 yards, but I did it rapid fire.

I was aiming for the teeth.

20160101_212956-1-1_resized.jpg

The .357 is giving me a headache. It's sticky from rust in the action.
Check out my posts in the "Leverguns" thread.

Back